A few updates (Maxiglide & Cornrows)...

KinksnCurlz

...to the album. Braids and Maxiglide Flat Iron results. Check out the siggie. :)

After starting the braid challenge back in early January, I finally was able to join :rofl: . I used the Maxiglide this morning right before going to get my hair braided. I wasn't even trying to get it "wear out ready", just straight enuf to not see any flyaways during the cornrowing. I am very pleased with the results. Maxiglide gets :up: :up:

Enjoy.

KAddy

Girl, the maxiglide pics are fabulous. Your hair looks sooo shiny.

Now on to the braid pics. OK, you have A MILLION braids. There are so many! THey look good though. I would never have guessed that you had added hair. I am sure your booty was hurting sitting there for 7 hrs. Whew!

Tai

The maxiglide photos look great, CH. As always your hair looks thick and beautiful. :)

The braids are incredible. I'm not shocked by the 7 hours it took. You've got a ton of hair. I am shocked that there's added hair. You could never tell from the way it's braided. Gorgeous. :notworthy

skegeesmb

CarmelHonee, those are some great looking braids, and I love the maxiglide pictures. I wish the maxiglide wasn't so heavy compared to other flatirons.

KinksnCurlz

Thanks everybody. :kiss:
Skegees, the maxiglide isn't that heavy. I'm a two hander usually and i was flatironing with one hand. Your head is done so fast that the 'weight' isn't even a factor

onepraying

Healthy Hair Quest..
CaramelHonee said:
Thanks everybody. :kiss:
Skegees, the maxiglide isn't that heavy. I'm a two hander usually and i was flatironing with one hand. Your head is done so fast that the 'weight' isn't even a factor

It's true! The Maxi really isn't that heavy, it's so easy and quick you don't even notice! The results are so worth it. :look: Some of the best results are after a press and then touch up with the Maxi, Eeeeevah so silky!

Your hair looks great CH! Silky and smooth..... The Maxi is a keeper for real and not just for the little mamas either!

~op~

foxybronx

CH your hair doesn't make SENSE!! :nono:The epitome of HEALTHY gorgeous hair. Why don't you become a hair model? I can be your manager!

Lindy

OMG CH, your hair is TO DIE FOR!!! :love:

How the heck is it sooo long?? Don't I remember you complaining about how you had to cut it just recently??!!! :confused: Good Lord, it grew back THAT quick??!! Pls. share your secret!! :look:

KinksnCurlz

Lindy said:
OMG CH, your hair is TO DIE FOR!!! :love:

How the heck is it sooo long?? Don't I remember you complaining about how you had to cut it just recently??!!! :confused: Good Lord, it grew back THAT quick??!! Pls. share your secret!! :look:

Nope, i never cut it (last cut was 6/04). I was contemplating cutting it b/c of it's awkward shape. For some strange reason, it just grew in more 'even' and blunt of all things (i'm a "V" shape... well at least I use to be) All the length accumulated from not relaxing for 6 months, i had tons of new growth.

Lindy

CaramelHonee said:
Nope, i never cut it (last cut was 6/04). I was contemplating cutting it b/c of it's awkward shape. For some strange reason, it just grew in more 'even' and blunt of all things (i'm a "V" shape... well at least I use to be) All the length accumulated from not relaxing for 6 months, i had tons of new growth.

Ohhhh... okay.... it's amazing how your hair just evened itself up from that V that was in it before!! And that was with NO trimming?? WOW...

Gotta say it again...Your hair is absolutely LOVELY!!! :clap: You know what, it's funny but your brastrap length has the 'appearance' of waist length to me!! :look: You must have a long torso or something, cuz MY brastrap length doesn't look anything like yours!! :wallbash:

Britt

Beautiful pics CH ;)!!!
Your braids look good and so does the flat iron pics, very pretty
:):):)

musiclova

I know I'm a little late but I'm so glad you started this thread CH because I just ordered the Maxiglide from the HSN this weekend for half off. I only ended up paying under $100 for it and I was going to ask if anybody here used it and had good results. They had the man on live TV showing how to use the Maxi on all types of hair and the results were amazing. Your hair looks really good! I can't wait to get mine and I am transitioning so I am 4 months post relaxer. Hope it works just as good if not better than my Jilbere iron.

KinksnCurlz

Lindy said:
Ohhhh... okay.... it's amazing how your hair just evened itself up from that V that was in it before!! And that was with NO trimming?? WOW...

Gotta say it again...Your hair is absolutely LOVELY!!! :clap: You know what, it's funny but your brastrap length has the 'appearance' of waist length to me!! :look: You must have a long torso or something, cuz MY brastrap length doesn't look anything like yours!! :wallbash:

My hair has a mind of it's own. :)
I'm a tall girl (5'11") 2

KinksnCurlz

musiclova said:
I know I'm a little late but I'm so glad you started this thread CH because I just ordered the Maxiglide from the HSN this weekend for half off. I only ended up paying under $100 for it and I was going to ask if anybody here used it and had good results. They had the man on live TV showing how to use the Maxi on all types of hair and the results were amazing. Your hair looks really good! I can't wait to get mine and I am transitioning so I am 4 months post relaxer. Hope it works just as good if not better than my Jilbere iron.

Thanks Music, i've also used it on my daughter's hair (natural) and her hair came out nice as well. :)

sidenote - that maxi guy is HILARIOUS!

musiclova

CH, how did you manage your hair for 6 months without a touchup? Did you use your regular products with no problem or did you have to switch up a bit b/c I am 4 months post and I am always looking for suggestions for what is best as far as moisturizing and detangling.

musiclova

CaramelHonee said:
Thanks Music, i've also used it on my daughter's hair (natural) and her hair came out nice as well. :)

sidenote - that maxi guy is HILARIOUS!

He sure was! He was like "Helllllooooh!" lol

KinksnCurlz

musiclova said:
CH, how did you manage your hair for 6 months without a touchup? Did you use your regular products with no problem or did you have to switch up a bit b/c I am 4 months post and I am always looking for suggestions for what is best as far as moisturizing and detangling.

Well i suck at styling when it comes 2 hair :rofl: But I did basically the same thing, bun it everyday. Maybe once a month I went to the salon and got a wash n set... wore it out a couple of days, and back to the bun i went. The only variation that i have would be the positioning of the buns, that's about it. I used the same products (tigi ego boost AND profectiv healthy ends) daily (when bunning). The minute i got home, i took down my hair and let it breath for a while b4 either braiding it in one braid b4 bed OR leaving it out and putting on a bonnet.

Lindy

CaramelHonee said:
I'm a tall girl (5'11") 2

Oh, that explains everything!!! :grin: I had no idea (from your pics) you were so tall!! How cool!!!:cool:

I think your brastrap length would be just about waist length for me...:p (I'm 5'5"...)