5 weeks post and i feel like Im dying

Napp

Ms. Nobody
ok i thought i was going mad but i seem to have alot of NG at this point! It seems that the stylist didnt relax my roots when i got it done because i measured and i have over an inch of NG(around 1.2-1.5") would it be wise to continue on with a 12 weeks stretch? i dont want to relax so early but them roots are getting anoying. i thought i wouldnt have to deal with this much ng until the end of my 12 weeks stretch.:ohwell:

here is a pic. im currently 6 weeks post
rollerset3014-1.jpg

im i seeing things or does that not look like alot of NG? it feels like alot:ohwell:how can i tell reversion from newgrowth when i need to touch up?

Last edited:
your hair is growing fast!! that's great!! I would only stretch to 12 weeks only if you have a good stretch routine. other than that 8-10 weeks should be good. what are you using to moisturize your NG? I know certain ladies that use certain products when they have a lot of ng to help them get through...

I would guess you were under processed as well. I never got my relaxer earlier than every 12 weeks when I was relaxed. Unless your hair grows very fast, I think 1.2 - 1.5 inches of new growth in 5 weeks is just under processed hair.

Have u tried plain yogurt? I'm relaxed too and I did a henna treatment last weekend using yogurt and coconut milk for the first time. I'm 9 weeks post and it feels and looks like 5 weeks! And that's without flat ironing. I'd try a DC without the henna.

bumping for more replies!

i bought some hawaiian silky 14 in one because alot of ladies who stretch like it but it made my hair feel gross and it made my ng get really textured looking. it was soft though (when it dried,when wet it makes my relaxed hair feel awful and rough)but too soft to the point whereit was too fluffy to wear out so i had to wear and ugly looking bun with ng poppin full strength next to straight hair:ohwell:

Last edited:
I have been going through the same issue. I am now 8 weeks post, my I have like 2 inches worth of new-growth and underprocessed hair in some areas. I usually relax at 16 weeks and the earliest I will re-touch is 12.

For me, what is helping my new-growth is a mix of:
Aloe Vera Juice
Castor Oil
Glycerin
then some Essential Oils such as Eucalyptus and Peppermint Oil

I spray it AM and PM and I haven't dealt with much breakage.

I say, if you aren't dealing with breakage continue on with your stretch.
Maybe you can Tension Blow-dry your roots to help stretch them.

I have been going through the same issue. I am now 8 weeks post, my I have like 2 inches worth of new-growth and underprocessed hair in some areas. I usually relax at 16 weeks and the earliest I will re-touch is 12.

For me, what is helping my new-growth is a mix of:
Aloe Vera Juice
Castor Oil
Glycerin
then some Essential Oils such as Eucalyptus and Peppermint Oil

I spray it AM and PM and I haven't dealt with much breakage.

I say, if you aren't dealing with breakage continue on with your stretch.
Maybe you can Tension Blow-dry your roots to help stretch them.

MsDee14 my ng isnt breaking its just very noticeable and hard:sad:. i did a braid out from the braids from above and it doesnt look that bad now.

what style are you wearing where you can spray it 2x a day? a bun? braids? i like to wear my hair loose on a daily basis.

@MsDee14 my ng isnt breaking its just very noticeable and hard:sad:. i did a braid out from the braids from above and it doesnt look that bad now.

what style are you wearing where you can spray it 2x a day? a bun? braids? i like to wear my hair loose on a daily basis.

I usually wear buns. But when I do my braid-outs and bantu-knot outs, I only spray my newgrowth when I'm re-setting the style.
If it's really bothering you, I would just cut the next stretch short. You have more than enough new-growth to prevent overlapping. And if it's over the 8 week mark, then it won't do you any harm.

after doing the braid out my hair feels better. if i keep this style for awhile i think i can go the 12 weeks. thanks!

Back