My NG is SERIOUS!!!!!!*pic*

Qualitee

Im only 10 weeks post and my NG is killing me. Its so bad I think Im going to have to break my 17 week stretch and relax it on the 12th week:sad:. My 3c/4a curls in the back are the problem.:look: Last time I relaxed my hair the cream did take:wallbash: All it did was turn my 3b/c/4a curls into 3a/b/c curls:lachen:I have almost 1 1/2 inches of (new)NG on top of what I already had. I always relax after 2 inches but this time I can do it!:lachen:

AllAboutMoi

Dont punk out! LOL!
If you aren't getting breakage or shedding go ahead and stick it out (coming from someone that reconsiders transitioning every wash day).

WaistLengthDreams

Sorry to hear that you'll have to break your stretch but it's probably best that you listen to your hair. If it's screaming for a relaxer sometimes we've got to give in, even though we don't want to. Looking on the bright side, with all of the NG you're likely to see some extra length after you relax. :spinning: :spinning: :spinning:

Qualitee

Dont punk out! LOL!
If you aren't getting breakage or shedding go ahead and stick it out (coming from someone that reconsiders transitioning every wash day).
Thats the thing. My hair is shedding and breaking like crazy
I will wish on a star for your problem, lol...
Trust me you will one day
Your hair looks thick. I love me some thick hair:grin:

OT: That make up collection is SICK! :eek:
I know!!!!!!!

Qualitee

Sorry to hear that you'll have to break your stretch but it's probably best that you listen to your hair. If it's screaming for a relaxer sometimes we've got to give in, even though we don't want to. Looking on the bright side, with all of the NG you're likely to see some extra length after you relax. :spinning: :spinning: :spinning:
I have alot of NG. My shrinkage is:spinning: I go from sl to damn near mbl in seconds when I stretch my hair:lachen::nono:

MonPetite

Stretching isn't for everyone. I had to relax at 8-10 weeks, when I relaxed. If your hair is breaking in large amounts you may need to. Otherwise, you can do it!

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
Qualitee! You Got Me Staring at ALL THAT MAKEUP!:love: I would be in Heaven......Girl, Is that all You?:look:

Oh...Back on Topic. IK what you mean.

It Started to get real 'Dicey' for Me too around week 10-12 of my 16 week stretch. At week 10-16, I was doing Protein Co-Washes, weekly reconstructors, etc...I was heavy on the Protein.

I was telling myself next time I would go 18-20, but am unsure about it.:look:

Girl, there is alot of Maintenance required to keep up the stretch and keep everything maintained.

I :thud:everyone that is Successfully able to stretch 5,6 9, 12 months...

Last edited:

Qualitee

In that case you better go ahead and give it what it needs.

Do you usually do protein treatments?
I use protein con every week. A light one though:ohwell:. Hard one a week before my relaxer. I think Im lacking moisture though:sad:

Last edited:

Qualitee

Qualitee! You Got Me Staring at ALL THAT MAKEUP!:love: I would be in Heaven......Girl, Is that all You?:look:

Oh...Back on Topic. IK what you mean.

It Started to get real 'Dicey' for Me too around week 10-12 of my 16 week stretch.

I was telling myself next time I would go 18-20, but am unsure about it.:look:

Girl, there is alot of Maintenance required to keep up the stretch and keep everything maintained. I :thud:everyone that is successfully able to stretch 5,6 9, 12 months...
I wish!!!!

OT: I stretch all the time but Im not into stretching for long period of time. But I try not to relax until I get 2 inches or so. I was trying out for 17 weeks but :nono:
I think the summer fast growth got me:lachen: