Frequent/Everyday Washers - Get in here!

kedra70

Hey ladies,

I'm getting ready to step up my workout plan. I'll be running just about everyday/every other day and I need some words of wisdom about washing my hair everyday.

I won't be using shampoo everyday, I'll do a conditioner wash/soak. Also, what are the pros and cons of washing/conditioner washing nearly everyday?

Thanks in advance for your help,
Kedra70

shellzfoshizzle

I'm a frequest washer but trying to change that because my hair isn't getting enough oils and moisture that it needs. I haven't washed my hair (not to sound nasty) in about 6 days and my hair feels and looks great. I too wanted to know what are the pros and con's of conditioner washes. It doesn't make sense to me not to use shampoo...all that grease, product buildup, sprays, dirt...and to slater conditioner on top of it...?!? please inform me too cause I can't imagine not using shampoo

kedra70

Hey Shell,

Thanks for replying. Right now, I'm thinking that I can't do too much damage to my hair if I shampoo every other day (and doing the conditioner wash/soak on the days in between).

I'm also wondering what's better with frequent washing - air drying or soft bonnet drying?

kedra70

Hey Shell - there's no such thing as a dumb question. I use a soft bonnet dryer instead of a hard bonnet dryer. With a soft bonnet dryer, the bonnet is made of soft plastic. It fits around your head like a balloon.

Poohbear

Fearfully Wonderfully Made
doesn't conditioner clean just as well as shampoo? that's what I was told and it's one of the reasons why some ladies are on the no-poo/curly girl method.

BLESSED1

I only shampoo once a week and co wash the rest of the week (no matter how cold it is outside :cool: ) and my hair is doing well. All of my newgrowth is soft & manageable. My hair gets clean too, I don't use grease and it's not hard for me to rinse EVOO, s-curl moisturizer and s-curl glycerine gel out daily. I airdry, my everyday style is a phony puff.

kedra70

Thanks for the reply, Blessed1. I just conditioner washed/soaked. My hair feels soft - this is only my first time doing it, so I'll monitor it and see.

DDTexlaxed

TRANSITION OVER! 11-22-14
I do this now bec. my big chop. I am able to do this easily w/ 1.5" on my head. It feels moisturized and so soft since I started. When it gets longer, I don't know if I'll be able to do this...lol!