4A's who wear kinky twists

InnerSoul

it would probably be okay if they don't part your hair too small. My cousin had kinky twist done and they were beautiful but her hair is thick... I am thinking of getting those kinky twist myself but I never had them before.. I am only used to box braids! I say go for it!

sareca

Had 'em for 8 months (w/ 1-2 week breaks in between sets). Didn't hurt my hair one bit.

yellagirl730

I really want some kinky twists. I was told the kinky hair is too heavy for my hair. Is this true?

What exactly is kinky twists, I wear my hair in single strand twists with no additional hair added. Is it the same as single strand twists?

TowsonGirl

I had kinky twists once and my hair thrived with those things. Grew so much and was so healthy and strong when I took em out. Try em!

Blackoutzangel05

I have 3c/4a hair and have been thinking that this winter I am putting some in. Right not its still okay to go out with wetter hair but that is not going to be the case because I can catch a cold real fast. So probably at the end of this month I will have a set in. I am going to buy a pack of hair and try this weekend to see how they look on me and if I can do them...so basically just practicing...I say go for it!!! Are you paying someone to do them or doing them yourself?!?!

Prettypsych

I have 4a/b hair and I've had kinky twists a few times. I loved it! My hair doesn't normally do well with braids, but no problems came up when I had the twists. Go for it! :yep:

klb120475

I have 3c/4a hair and have been thinking that this winter I am putting some in. Right not its still okay to go out with wetter hair but that is not going to be the case because I can catch a cold real fast. So probably at the end of this month I will have a set in. I am going to buy a pack of hair and try this weekend to see how they look on me and if I can do them...so basically just practicing...I say go for it!!! Are you paying someone to do them or doing them yourself?!?!

I wish I did have the skills and patience to do them myself. More than likely I'll one of my lil cousins do them for me.:yep:

sareca

What exactly is kinky twists, I wear my hair in single strand twists with no additional hair added. Is it the same as single strand twists?

<< here's mine.

Last edited:

InNeedofHairapy

Ok, so they are like doulble strand twists. I guess no one wears the single strand twists as I never see anything about them.
I wear single strand twists sometimes...actually..the pic in in my siggy is what WERE single strand twists....I wash and dc my hair, apply leave ins and a loc/twist gel, and then go through my whole head and twist...sit under my soft bonnet, and when they are dry I pull the twists apart so that they create curly-q's...

Sareca, I read your turorial as well as London Diva's....I can't get past the first steps in your tutorial..would it just be my best bet to get the Breslin video? Yous look great, but I'm no understanding the attachment part of the process..s.

sareca

I wear single strand twists sometimes...actually..the pic in in my siggy is what WERE single strand twists....I wash and dc my hair, apply leave ins and a loc/twist gel, and then go through my whole head and twist...sit under my soft bonnet, and when they are dry I pull the twists apart so that they create curly-q's...

Sareca, I read your turorial as well as London Diva's....I can't get past the first steps in your tutorial..would it just be my best bet to get the Breslin video? Yours look great, but I'm no understanding the attachment part of the process..s.
Try this site... they use yellow hair to make it is easier to see how it attaches. I have the Breslin video, but it didn't make much sense to me until after I got my first kinky twists. After then it all came together. :yep:
http://www.doctoredlocks.com/store/demo/twists/frames.htm

You single stranded twists are very cute. I thought those were called palm rolls??

buttaflye03

I had them done at the beginning of the summer by Africans. They looked beautiful but it was very heavy on my head and my scalp was sore. i took them out the next day it hurt so much and my nape was still sore (and one area had a scab) even days later. I have fine hair. I knew better than to mess with them things. :nono:

InNeedofHairapy

Try this site... they use yellow hair to make it is easier to see how it attaches. I have the Breslin video, but it didn't make much sense to me until after I got my first kinky twists. After then it all came together. :yep:
http://www.doctoredlocks.com/store/demo/twists/frames.htm

You single stranded twists are very cute. I thought those were called palm rolls??

Umm..they might be?:blush: :lachen:I don't know...I just think they're single strand,b/c I take on strand and twist it as opposed to two or three strands...but they may very well be palm rolls...

InNeedofHairapy

ok sareca..I'm looking at the site you posted an it makes a LITTLE more sense..I think I'll just have to try it and see....

Thank you for the site :grin:

sareca

ok sareca..I'm looking at the site you posted an it makes a LITTLE more sense..I think I'll just have to try it and see....
Thank you for the site :grin:
You're welcome. The Breslin video is fine I just didn't understand what she was talking about until I watch them do it at the salon.

Alexis87

I'm a 4a natural currently wearing kinky twists. I consider my hair fine. My kinky twists are much lighter than the Kanekalon pencil sized individual braids.

yellagirl730

Sareca, I read your turorial as well as London Diva's....I can't get past the first steps in your tutorial..would it just be my best bet to get the Breslin video? Yous look great, but I'm no understanding the attachment part of the process..s.

Your twists are beautiful, I to pull mine apart after a few days for a twistout.