4a/b natural/texturized hair--moisture

tallnomad

Do you all do conditioner washes daily? every other day? how often?

do you find that doing this is drying to your hair? or beneficial?

what are the best tips you've found to achieve thriving moisturized hair?

how do you infuse moisture into your hair?

has deep conditioning or hot oil treatments made a difference?

I've been doing conditioning washes every other day and then using BBD stretch. I just recently started putting in coconut oil to hold the moisture. My hair seems like it may be getting more moisture as it is VERY dry. I have 4a/b texturized hair that now has pretty loose curls. I just need more moisture. Would love to hear any tips or experiences!

leleepop

I think the key to seal in moisture is putting it in while wet and sealing the ends with oil. I use ubh lotion cream and wgo hair oil. I also use coconut and jojoba oil sometimes.hth I also wash twice a week.

MissDiva

I CO Wash Daily

My hair is moisturized but I really have seen any GREAT benefits.

I like to spritz my hair with plain water throughout the day.

I use a moisturizer with Glycerin and spritzing water.

Yes, I deep condition weekly. Hot oil treatments as needed.

CLASSYEBONYGIRL

Do you all do conditioner washes daily?

Yes I wash/cowash daily. I use a 2 in 1 shampoo and condtioner (Pantene, Garnier or Dove) then follow up with a cheapie conditioner (VO5 or White rain)

do you find that doing this is drying to your hair?

No. It doesn't not dry my hair out at all surprisingly. It keeps it very soft, moisturized, curly and smelling fresh so I would say it is more beneficial than harmful.

1) Cowashing daily. During the winter I will moisturize with leave-in conditioner, moisturizer, seal with oil and then braid my hair and start my wig regime again. I will only be washing once a week.
2) Weekly deep conditioning

I apply products to wet hair and then airdry.

Yes they have definately made a tremendous difference in my hair. I do weekly deep conditioning with Dominican conditioners or just a regular protein and moisturizing conditioner. By doing weekly deep conditioning it keeps my hair healthy, soft and moisturized. I do a hot oil treatment after every touchup. It makes my hair shiny and soft.

trinigul

COW daily after my workouts for the last two weeks. Great hassle, but my hair looks so cute and all of a sudden I've been getting so many compliments that I may continue doing it...may switch to every other day.

BENEFICIAL (and I'm surprised because you know black folx ain't supposed to wash their hair everyday (traditional thought)). See I put coconut oil in my scalp and hair, put on a plastic cap and tie down with a bandana (and a sweat band...I'm sure I look a hot mess:lachen: ), work out and then COW. Hair is then like butter, shiny and full of body.

DAMP HAIR! My leave-ins and sealants definitely work better on damp hair.

my hair loves some gym conditioner left in followed by Carefree Curl Gold and then some more conditioner that's been mixed with Jojoba or just Keracare w/Jojoba.

Oh yeah! My little fake daily hotoil treatment (coconut oil in hair then working out) is making my hair so lively, bouncy and shiny.
same type hair = I have 4a/b texturized hair that now has pretty loose curls.

tallnomad

Trinigul--great info! i'm going to have to try the coconut regimen. i put mtg on my scalp and then a plastic bag on last night. my hair is soft. but i'm going to have to alternate with the coconut oil too.

thanks!

sweetpuff

Whenever I feel like it. it can be daily, it can be every 2 or 3 days.

I think it is beneficial since I rarely use the shampoo to wash my hair. It would strip out all the oils. I use the shampoo either twice or 3 times a week to once a week. Depends if there is buildup, if I workout a lot and other stuff like that.

water. you can sprits it in the morning , you can sprits it in the night, ladi da-da- di-di da-dah... :grin:
then oil where you need it.

for my 4a/b fine texturized hair: a mixture of water, infusium23,eucalyptus oil, peppermint oil and rosemary oil. (it's awesome) I spritz that thing in my hair before going to sleep and after washing my hair.

Well it has for me. I usually deep condition or make a hair mask every week. I decided to flat iron my hair for a wedding but I wanted to strech the straight hairstyle a little too long (24h) without proper moisture. I apologized to my hair my putting the hair mayonnaise of ORS in my hair for several hours before rinsing it. My hair is thankful for that.

I know that my water/infusium sprits is really cool but since I live in Canada, I might have to change the composition of it. I'll figure it out. But for the moment, it's hot, nice and humid and my hair is moisturized.

HTH