Wet hair that dries quickly may need more moisture

Poohbear

Fearfully Wonderfully Made
Tee Tee2 said:
It means your hair is dry!!!!Has anyone every heard this? My best friend said she was told by her hairdresser that the reason why her bra strap length hair dries so quickly when she washes it is because her hair is dry and in need of serious moisture. When she washes her hair she said its almost dry within an hour. Her ends are very dry and brittle even though she never uses heat in her hair and she washes twice a week. The hairdresser went on to say that hair that takes long to dry is in a very healthy moisturized state. My hair takes about 1-2 days to air dry completely. I advised her to start doing deep conditioning treatments because she has never done one.

Tee Tee

ut oh! my hair dries fast...within an hour or two if I airdry my hair loose or in a ponytail! :eek: when I airdry in rollers, it takes a longer time. anyway, i didn't start conditioning my hair until I joined this forum (Apr 2004). Now, I condition my hair every two weeks with LeKair Cholesterol Plus mixed with Hot 6 Oil. Do I need to try a different conditioner that's more moisturizing or do I need to condition my hair more often???:confused:

CharUK

"Honestly, Truly"
Oh dear, my youngest daughters hair dries within 1-2 hours!!

My oldest daughters hair takes at least 3-4 hours to dry.

x

Ayeshia

Mines dries in about 1.5-2 hours...I mean if your hair is super curly/ kinky then its going to take longer to dry. If its straight hair the air can travel through it easier therefore decreasing the drying time.

CharUK

"Honestly, Truly"
Ayeshia said:
Mines dries in about 1.5-2 hours...I mean if your hair is super curly/ kinky then its going to take longer to dry. If its straight hair the air can travel through it easier therefore decreasing the drying time.
Well this is the thing, my younger daughters curls are a lot looser than my older daughters hair.

Hopefully, this is why her hair dries quicker.

x

northernbelle

I read recently that one can do a test to detect porosity in hair.

Take a strand of hair, and pinch it into a cup of water. If the hair floats, then it is healthy and contains adequate moisture. If it sinks, then it is porous and in need of serious moisture.

northernbelle