2017 Hair Growth And Weight Loss Challenge (jan-dec)

I got my body analyzer scale yesterday! Weighed myself this morning on the two scales to compare. I wore clothes on.

My original scale simply called Smart Scale has me at 70.5 kg or 155.42 lbs.

Results from the body analyzer :
Weight - 156 lbs (height 5'5")
BMI - 26 (overweight)
Body fat - 29.8 (inching towards above average)
Water % - 49.6 (For body fat % range of 21-29% it should be 52-58%, for body fat% range 30-32% it should be 49-52%)
Bone mass - 4.3 (above 135 lbs should be 4)
Muscle % - 30.9 (Women has approximately 30% muscles mass)

So i'm guessing I'm a bit dehydrated and have a lot of fat to burn. Need maintain a healthy diet also.
Will be hitting the gym today for sure.
Is it accurate with your clothes on?

@faithVA Yes I believe so. My other scale always say I'm lighter than the others from the pharmacies. So I wasn't surprised when this one said 156 lbs.
Do you think the clothes add to the weight? It was light clothing.

Last edited:
@faithVA Yes I believe so. My other scale always say I'm lighter than the others from the pharmacies. So I wasn't surprised when this one said 156 lbs.
Do you think the clothes add to the weight? It was light clothing.

It you were just measuring your weight it would be fine. But you are measuring BMI, body fat, etc. I would think clothes would throw those numbers off. Clothes add 2 to 5 lbs depending on what you are wearing.

It may not be a big deal but I am curious to know if there is a difference.

It you were just measuring your weight it would be fine. But you are measuring BMI, body fat, etc. I would think clothes would throw those numbers off. Clothes add 2 to 5 lbs depending on what you are wearing.

It may not be a big deal but I am curious to know if there is a difference.

I understand. Will do another tomorrow without clothes. The company advises to check every day at the same time.

Ok. So i weighed myself again this morning without clothes. However i drank a glass water an hour before (my mouth was dry) and used the washroom twice before weighing.
My stats:
Weight:156.4 lbs
BMI- 26
Body fat - 29.8
Water - 49.6
Bone Mass - 4.3
Muscle Mass - 30.9

Weight went up a bit, everything else remained the same.

For today: no clothes or water
Weight: 155.8 lbs
BMI: 25.9
Fat: 29.5 %
Water: 49.8 %
Bone: 4.3
Muscle: 31 %

So a slight change in all but bone. Great!

Didn't make my 2.5 litres of water yesterday though- drank 1 litre and half of my 1.5 bottle. Will try to get it today. After my leg session at the gym on Tuesday and walking around like a ballerina in work yesterday because of the recovery pain- my Sensei decided to give us leg work yesterday in defense class. That's just evil. lol

Hair wise- just braid spray and seal with my castor-olive oil mix.

I did not do well with my eating or exercising this week. My little one (special needs) had a challenging morning one day, and that threw things off. I didn't rally back like I should have. I just played catch up all week and did not prepare meals and arise early like I must if I'm going to exercise and eat well.

I didn't eat BAD by most standards, but I definitely gained weight instead of losing it this week.

I'm going to take Joel Osteen's advice and just start again without harping on myself or maximizing failures. :yep:

Hair: Has been in puff all week. I'm somewhat concerned that it is tangled, but I'll tackle that on next wash day.

Did upper body workout yesterday at the gym. I washed my hair soon after with a shampoo sample I took from a stay at a hotel. Today i prepooed with coconut oil, conditioned with ORS Replenishing Conditioning and Creme of Nature Intense Conditioning Treatment with Argan Oil.

Think i want cornrows in my hair this week. Not sure as yet but I'm seeing some nice styles.

Hair Goals
Current Length: Brastrap
2017 Goal Length: Mid Back
Relaxed, natural, texlaxed: Natural
How you will achieve goal: I plan on washing and deep conditioning weekly, as well as bunning for protective style.

Weight/Fitness Goals
Current Weight: 217 (Started at 222 so already down 5 lbs!)
Goal Weight and/or Goal Inches to lose: 145-150
How you will achieve goal: Walking, strength training, and eating mostly fruits/veggies in diet.

Lower body weights yesterday. It was awesome as the trainer switched up my exercises. I like that- keeps things interesting.

Hair wise- After washing i used my four plaits to put them into 12 twists and stretched my hair with orange twist rods. Styled it in a halo bun. Like this (not me in pic)....

Attachments

• halo.jpg
    halo.jpg
    11.8 KB · Views: 15
Last night's defense class was great. Had to defend myself against 3 women. It was nerve wrecking at first then tiring during and after. Lol. Was so hyped afterwards came home to do some jump rope and mountain climbers. 100 jumping rope x 50 mountain climbers (x2) Felt good. may do that every night now. Been a long time since I've used my rope.

Okay 2 weeks ago I weighed 157.6 lbs and now I weigh 150 lbs. I just started the 28 Day Egg Challenge on Wednesday, February 1st, 2017 over in the health and fitness forum, and from then to now I lost 5.2 lbs. I am SYKED!

Oh yeah and this was without exercise. I do want to start moving this body but I have been a little busy. Hopefully next week, I'll make it happen.

Back