***2015 Delectable Deep Condition Challenge***

NaturallyATLPCH

DC'ed witih APB Blueberry Cheesecake DC. Wasn't wow'ed but nothing bad to say either. Smells good though! lol

I wasn't wowed by this DC either oneastrocurlie. In fact, the batch I got a while back was very stiff and hard to get out of the bottle. I mixed it with oil to get some uses but I ended up tossing it.

I'm finding her conditioners are working pretty well as prepoos. That's how I'm using them up :lol:.

Last edited:

oneastrocurlie

I wasn't wowed by this DC either oneastrocurlie. In fact, the batch I got a while back was very stiff and hard to get out of the bottle. I mixed it with oil to get some uses but I ended up tossing it.

I'm finding her conditioners are working pretty well as prepoos. That's how I'm using them up :lol:.

ha! NaturallyATLPCH stiff is a good word for it. I was definitely struggling getting it out the bottle. This was a sample. When I bought the ayurvedic mask it was in a jar. It's thick too but I can scoop instead of struggle squeeze lol

Last edited:

Lita

With shai naturals scalp detox,rinsed HH pink grapefruit DC,HH sticky honey DC 1hr,rinsed with AV ashille raspberry con,HH soft coconut leave in & BASK java on scalp.

Happy Hair Growing!

TraciChanel

I DCed yesterday with QH cholesterol. Before I applied the conditioner, I saturated my hair with aloe juice. Then applied the conditioner in sections. I let sit for 30 minutes and rinsed. My hair was/is very soft.

CodeRed

Deep protein conditioning now... steamed first then put a cap on for however long... used Millcreek Keratin Conditioner with castor oil on my temple and nape over a nettle tea rinse.

nmartin20

Deep conditioned/steamed with Naturelle Grow Marshmallow Root Conditioner for about 45 minutes under my steamer. This was so needed!!

I prepooed with SM Purification Masque about a hour.

PJaye

- Pre-pooed with HNH Pink Sugar DC for a couple of hours under a cap. Application of this conditioner was difficult due to its goopy, gloppy, ultra greasy consistency. However, after rinsing and chelating, my hair felt decently moisturized. I think I stumbled upon a way to use up this greasy mess.

- DC’ed with Darcy’s Conditioning Mask for a few hours under a cap. This is my first time using this DC and I was initially unimpressed with its performance given the difficulty I experienced during application – it’s has a thick, somewhat grainy consistency that made my hair feel rough and stiff. However, upon rinsing, my hair was surprisingly soft and moisturized. I had avoided this product for years due to its price and the poor performance of the Pumpkin Conditioner. I think I’m going to thoroughly enjoy this DC.

- Results: I discovered a new, effective pre-poo and DC.

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
- Pre-pooed with HNH Pink Sugar DC for a couple of hours under a cap. Application of this conditioner was difficult due to its goopy, gloppy, ultra greasy consistency. However, after rinsing and chelating, my hair felt decently moisturized. I think I stumbled upon a way to use up this greasy mess.

- DC’ed with Darcy’s Conditioning Mask for a few hours under a cap. This is my first time using this DC and I was initially unimpressed with its performance given the difficulty I experienced during application – it’s has a thick, somewhat grainy consistency that made my hair feel rough and stiff. However, upon rinsing, my hair was surprisingly soft and moisturized. I had avoided this product for years due to its price and the poor performance of the Pumpkin Conditioner. I think I’m going to thoroughly enjoy this DC.

- Results: I discovered a new, effective pre-poo and DC.

@PJaye

:lol:....About HNH. Glad I never tried that one. :lol:

I swapped it after reading numerous greasy reviews before trying it.:look:

Re: DB Deep Conditioning Mask - Mine has always been really creamy and thoroughly whipped into a smooth, easy to apply absolutely delicious consistency.:love:

This shocks me! Mine has never been thick, grainy etc......:blush:

Glad you found both a new effective Pre-Rx and DC'er:hug2:

ETA: I use the Pumpkin for cowashing.

theRaven

Sunday morning, I deep conditioned with Organics Hair Mayo for an hour under my heat cap and with Aussie Hair Moist for 15 minutes. My hair feels better and more strengthened. However I realized my hair can overdose on coconut oil in one setting very easily. I will switch up and use sesame oil every once in a while instead of coconut oil.

CodeRed

@CodeRed, is your hair feeling better now after using castor oil for a deep condition?

Mocha126

Yep. I mixed a lot of it with that Eva NYC Hair Mask, steamed with it and then covered with a plastic cap for 2 hours or so... co-washed it out and my hair was back to normal. It's going to be a part of my regimen from now on, whether only on my scalp or mixed in with one of my deep conditioners :yep:

Anaisin

Dc'd with Blue Roze Beauty Strawberry Hibiscus dc with heat for 30 minutes. Initially thought I wouldn't like it, it has slip but it kind of goes on like diluted conditioner. It was kind of foamy. However the results were really nice . Can't see it being a staple though. It seems like I would HAVE to use heat for 30 min as opposed to just choosing too. I have a couple other dc's that feel "instant". Like I can apply it in the shower and wash it out 10 minutes later and get even better results. Wouldn't repurchase unless a mega sale and I feel like spending money lol

CodeRed

Deep conditioning protein steam today with Millcreek Keratin Conditioner and peppermint tea rinse underneath.

theRaven

Prepooed with a mixture of coconut oil, honey, and vegetable glycerin. I deep conditioned with Organics Hair Mayo for a few hours. Then deep conditioned with Aussie Hair Moist for 10 minutes. My hair feels nice and strong. I believe this is a good combo so far.

Rozlewis

Dc'ing right now with Marie Dean Hemp and Aloe PROLESS DC, Porosity Control, Honey, Peppermint, Rosemary, and Eucalyptus Oil.