***2015 Delectable Deep Condition Challenge***

wheezy807

DC'ed a couple of days ago with CHI Nourish Intense conditioner on damp, unwashed hair for about an hour or so with a plastic cap.

NappyNelle

Kinky Coily 4A, Fine Strands, WSL
Prepoo: APB Ayurvedic Oil
Shampoo: Giovanni Tea Tree Triple Treat
Conditioner: APB Ayurvedic Mud Mask + Giovanni Smooth as Silk Deeper Moisture + Rhassoul Clay + Aloe Vera Juice + Brahmi + Amla

CodeRed

Well...

First I messed up my mayo treatment but put it in my hair anyway (it was way runny) with some castor oil and I tried to keep it from dripping by putting some Millcreek Keratin Conditioner over it (it's thick). That didn't work so then I put a thick layer of castor gelly around the perimeter of my head and it worked ok... I steamed with it for about 20 minutes. I tried to co-wash it out... nope nope nope. Whatever this mixture would be called did not want to come out of my hair. After co-washing, 2 different shampoos, I don't even know how many other co-washes... My hair was finally becoming softer again but then I put camellia oil on and then topped it off with Eva NYC Hair Mask. Under a plastic cap right now and I'll keep it on while I'm watching movies or ready to go back in the shower to wash it out. I may go to bed.

randi415

This weeks DC was a repeat of last weeks. Naturellegrow slippery elm and marshmallow root under a cap go about an hr, body heat only.

spacetygrss

I'm sitting watching TV with DH with Bellezza Naturale Vanilla Madness Maschera Per Capelli on my hair.
My hair is in a plastic cap with a towel wrapped around it to keep in the body heat.

havilland

Magical Mythical Princess
I did two hours with Hairveda MoisturePro on my hair under a turban.

I am really trying to commit to 2x a week deep conditioning.

BrownSkinPoppin

formerly NaturallyBri87
Overnight deep conditioned with my shea moisture conditioner. May stop doing overnight deep conditioning because I have a small cold when I wake up the next morning.

theRaven

Okay I deep conditioned for about 10 minutes last Thursday and Sunday. Both times no heat cap. Both times I used Organics Hair Mayonnaise. Sunday I didn't use a moisture conditioner afterwards. My hair definitely feels different not sure what to think right now. I have more defined curlies but more frizz :perplexed

I think I need to stick with longer deep conditioning sessions with heat on my days off and find a better moisture conditioner.

CodeRed

@CodeRed, why didn't your hair like the combo?Was it mayo alone with the camellia oil?

@Mocha126

I think it was the combo. Camellia oil is really light and I'm finding that it doesn't really do anything for my hair but didn't have any adverse effects either. My hair now feels like it's dehydrated and it's frizzy. It's dry to the point of breaking off a little bit so I'm going to co-wash/deep condition with castor oil tomorrow to put the moisture back in.

Edit: Not really the combo, but the mayo. Since the camellia oil doesn't really do anything to my hair one way or another the drying/frizzing must be the mayo.

Last edited:

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
Dryer With
Cathy Howse UBH (*requires Heat)
Curl Junkie Repair Me (20 minutes)

Will Steam with:
Miellle Organics Babbasu mixed with the last of my jar of J. Monique Naturals Jojoba.

CodeRed

Deep conditioning steam with nettle tea/Eva NYC Hair Mask/castor oil

Now I have a cap on my head to hold in the moisture... not sure how long it's going to be on but I don't have anything else to do today so I'll rinse it out whenever

NappyNelle

Kinky Coily 4A, Fine Strands, WSL
Pre-Poo: APB Ayurvedic Oil + APB Ayurvedic Mask (overnight)
Shampoo: Giovanni Smooth as Silk Deeper Moisture
Rinse: Rhassoul Mud Wash
Conditioner:Giovanni Smooth as Silk Deeper Moisture

meka72

Currently DC'ing, under a hooded dryer, with Jessicurl Deep Treatment and Silk Dreams Razzberry Coconut topped with EVOO.

Joigirl

Washed last night and DC'ed under a plastic cap with CJ Repair Me. I definitely needed the protein. My hair was super soft and strong. No additional moisture needed. This is definitely my HG protein treatment.

NaturallyATLPCH

NaturallyATLPCH

This Line has some very interesting sounding Deep Conditioning Treatments.:yep:

IDareT'sHair

Yes I really like this Strawberry one. The ingredients are good.

She's got more DCs that she's coming out with too. I really like that they are made completely from scratch. Not that I have a problem with bases, but the DC experience is just different.

I snagged most of mine when she had her 30% off sale.