2015 APL/BSL Challenge

GGsKin

^^Thanks for the idea/ reminder. I have so much Marley hair, this may be my style for Wednesday:).

IslandMummy

I think this will be a style staple and a good alternative to leaving my hair out in a puff and getting dried crispy ends

Attachments

• image-3828900139.jpg
    image-3828900139.jpg
    305.1 KB · Views: 86
  • image-244043357.jpg
    image-244043357.jpg
    380.2 KB · Views: 76

celiyah

are you growing a cut out? Your hair is longer than mine, but we have the same shape. I'm growing out a haircut I got last year.

Sorry if I'm doing this wrong :perplexed, yeah the left side has always been longer than the right, I think it just grows faster for some reason.

CluelessJL

Well look what was happening behind my back (literally!) while I was busy looking at it from the front! Woot!!

(please excuse the poor photo quality)

Attachments

• 20150319_085038-1.jpg
    20150319_085038-1.jpg
    153.8 KB · Views: 70
  • 20150319_085044-1.jpg
    20150319_085044-1.jpg
    116.8 KB · Views: 77

ronie

I have not checked in ages. I am still hanging in there. I plan to do a blow out tomorrow. My regimen is pretty much the same.

iLurk

i've been neglecting this thread. lol i'm still here struggling to get pass apl though im trying to hide my hair but the only way i can appreciate it again is by doing braidouts. i might just go back to my semi-protective style of doing braidouts with a headband pushed back far enough so the hair doesn't rub against my shoulders

apple_natural

Finally paid for a new subscription lol...

Let me catch up a bit. Before I do that,

I took my twists out about three weeks ago. Had them in forever. Detangling took a long time.

Right now, I have my hair in a top knot with kinky braiding hair. It looks okay. I am wearing lots of pinned up braid style and twists using extensions this year.

Also, every Saturday I want to cowash and LOC or at least spray water add since oil and leave in, finger detangle, and put it back up.

Every Wednesday is wash day. Protein first Wednesday. Hot oil and cowash 2nd and 4th Wednesdays. Moisture DC 3rd Wednesday.

I want to GHE on days other than Wednesday and Saturday whenever I feel the need/desire. As long as it doesn't get itchy.

I hope I am BSL by the end of the year or at least April 7th next year (wedding anniversary). Ultimate goal is WL.

Oh I wanted to use all natural products, but I need to use up my commercial products first. I have a lot.

PlainJane

My hair has been so easy to style these past few weeks. I'm definitely going to be a roller setting natural or straight haired natural.

I need to trim the back but I'm trying to wait until after Easter.

I'm going to do a braid out tonight. I got great results last time using the Eco styler + oil custard mix.

apple_natural

going to make an attempt at the high bun with Marley hair.

What a coinky! I did this yesterday! I made a messy bun with my own. I think it was pretty cute. Yours is cute too!

I am doing a lot of different styles with Marley hair this year. I think they are fast and easy and cute

Last edited:

PlainJane

Hmmm it wasn't so smart of me to add more oil to my ecostyler mix. My hair is very soft but my braid out didn't have a lot of hold. Oh well I'm starting to like the fluff.

apple_natural

It's official. I told my husband we aren't having any children until I have waist length hair lol. He just laughed. I'm serious -_-

apple_natural

What!?! Lol I bet he did.

I'm suurious! Lol. We don't plan on having any for a while anyway, so he thinks it's great.

I did the GHE overnight. It made my hair fuzzy but today is wash day anyway. I want to put an Aphogee 2 step treatment on it. I'm likely going to do that, cowash, LOC and that's it until GHE Friday

Some people do a moisturizing deep conditioner right after a hard protein, but I tend to think I should wait before I do a moisturizing dc. Already, I will be doing the GHE Friday night, which is moisturizing. A cowash and LOC on Saturday night. GHE next Tuesday night. Hot oil treatment and cowash next Wednesday. Same Friday night/Saturday routine. GHE the following Tuesday night again and finally a solid moisturizing dc on that Wednesday.... I think I will be fine not doing a moisturizing dc right after my aphogee treatment but what do I know. Please tell me if you have experiences or suggestions

Eta: oh and I do an acv rinse before my moisturizing dc's.

Last edited:

Trixie58

Relaxed last Saturday, so uploading a post relaxer photo. It is ok but this pic hides still choppy layering. The top layer hits around my hairline in the back and the rest is approaching APL! Front is a complete mess. Makes my hair look thinner. Nothing I can do but grow it out best I can.

Attachments

• image-3902477588.jpg
    image-3902477588.jpg
    306.1 KB · Views: 69
  • image-1994285394.jpg
    image-1994285394.jpg
    415.4 KB · Views: 73
Last edited:

divinerae

I think I can finally join a length challenge!! I recently picked out my locs of 4+ years and had a lot of damaged ends. I think my hair was around BSL when I first took them out in September, but I have been cutting and trimming regularly(like every time I walk by a mirror)to get to a healthy starting point. BSL by December 2015 if doable I think:grin:

Although I love my coily/curly hair, wash and go's seem to be a no no for my fine strands. Stretching my hair or being a straight haired natural is how I will retain more length. I have two regimens, one for roller sets or styles I don't mind washing after 3-4 days or when I flatiron. I usually try to stretch my flatironed hair for two weeks.
Regimen 1: Co-wash 2x a week, DC 2x a week, Light protein 1x a week, Shampoo 2x a month, and Heavy Protein every 6 weeks.
Regimen 2: Shampoo, Condition, DC, roller set or blow dry, flatiron, and pin curl to maintain for two weeks if possible.
I also take a multi vitamin, and Manetabolism. I have Mineral Rich too but have been slacking really bad on that. I really feel like the supplements have helped because the scissors and I are best friends, but I'm amazed that my hair is still where it is.

apple_natural

Finally put in that aphogee treatment I mentioned Wednesday. Did an acv rinse first. My hair loves acv... the whole thing went fine. I'm going to do it again in. .. June.

I'm planning to put in box braids starting tomorrow to keep until June.

GGsKin

Did ACV rinse and clay wash (rhassoul and bentonite mix) this morning. Then I rubbed some wheatgerm oil through my hair and tried some flaxseed gel.

apple_natural

Did ACV rinse and clay wash (rhassoul and bentonite mix) this morning. Then I rubbed some wheatgerm oil through my hair and tried some flaxseed gel.

This all sounds delightful. I can't wait to use up my stash and buy this stuff. How does your hair like the rhassoul clay?

GGsKin

This all sounds delightful. I can't wait to use up my stash and buy this stuff. How does your hair like the rhassoul clay?

My hair seems to love clay- rhassoul/ calcium bentonite/ sodium bentonite. I used to make a mix like batter and I my hair responded well- clean scalp and hair, accepting moisture and clumping. For the past couple of weeks, I've made a much more liquid mix and it gives great slip for detangling (much better than the thicker consistency). I tend to use a blend of rhassoul and bentonite on my hair.