2015 APL/BSL Challenge

CluelessJL

Current hair length Somewhere between SL and APL - edited to change 'BSL' to 'APL' - this is why I shouldn't try to post things in the middle of the night :lol:
Relaxed/Natura/Texlaxed/Transitioning Relaxed
Goal Month By the end of the year
Current Reggie and styling choices Oil pre-poo, wash & dc weekly, occasional fenugreek & hibiscus treatment, m&s most days. Little-to-no heat. Wearing hair loose most days.
What do you plan on changing (if anything) to make it to APL/BSL? Learn as much as I can from this board!
Post a beginning picture Attached; but it's not great as a length check due to the waves!

Attachments

• 20150304_085415-1.jpg
    20150304_085415-1.jpg
    179.9 KB · Views: 55
Last edited:

HairPleezeGrow

Natural.MediumFine.3c.
Current hair length Somewhere between SL and BSL
Relaxed/Natura/Texlaxed/Transitioning Relaxed
Goal Month By the end of the year
Current Reggie and styling choices Oil pre-poo, wash & dc weekly, occasional fenugreek & hibiscus treatment, m&s most days. Little-to-no heat. Wearing hair loose most days.
What do you plan on changing (if anything) to make it to APL/BSL? Learn as much as I can from this board!
Post a beginning picture Attached; but it's not great as a length check due to the waves!

You look APL or close to it. Your hair is gorgeous btw

GGsKin

Hoping I don't look crazy tomorrow. Tried something different from the now familiar wash and go. I twisted up my hair- a mixture of flat twists at the top and singles at the back. I've set the ends on small perm rods (white/ white and green if that matters lol). I hope it turns out half decent. The plan is to put it up in a banana clip because I the way my hair/ density is, I don't tend to get volumous results.

beauti

my wash day a few days ago was nothing short of amazing :spinning: I was too lazy to prepoo like I normally do. I just shampooed, did an ACV rinse, then I dc'ed overnight with silicon mix. Tangles glided out the next day. I'm just gonna face the fact that my hair loves cones. The CG method was not working out for me. I will stick to cones and just cowash midweek.

CluelessJL

Just improvised a pre-poo with sunflower oil, grapeseed oil and a squirt of protein conditioner, as I didn't have time to mix up my normal combination. Interested to see if I notice a difference...

PlainJane

I measured my hair last night and it looks like I'm still on track to reach natural APL by December. It won't be full APL of course, but I will be claiming it :yep:

kupenda

Just dyed the bottom of my hair blue. No regrets!

But I'm still tryna hit BSL this year. So I'm placing an order for some Mocha Silk too! And changing up my regi to incorporate more protein treatments and cowashes throughout the week

Evolving78

Just dyed the bottom of my hair blue. No regrets! But I'm still tryna hit BSL this year. So I'm placing an order for some Mocha Silk too! And changing up my regi to incorporate more protein treatments and cowashes throughout the week
pics or it didn't happen!

CluelessJL

Not sure if it was the improvised pre-poo, the new leave in or the fact that I used a hooded dryer on cool rather than air drying, but my roots and ends seem happier today. Yay!

trclemons

What is this thread doing on page 5? Hello!!! Where is everyone?
I'm here, but since I'm hiding my hair in braids and twists all year, I don't have much to report.

I can't put myself thru the torture of quarterly LCs, so I will hold off until the end of June.

jasmyne14

I'll be doing an LC hopefully in the new two weeks when I relax & I can't get over how soft my hair feels since it's only been a week since I took out my weave , it hasn't been this soft in a while

GGsKin

I'm here. Been wearing my hair out as I'm a bit bored of my wigs at the mo. I don't think I'll be stretching my hair (with or without heat) anytime soon. I did so (without heat) last week for a twist out and had way too many tangles for my liking.
On another note, I want to resist the urge to dust. I don't want to start cutting away all my growth.

beauti

I'm here as well. I won't do a length check until my one year nappiversary in June. Hopefully I'll be very close to APL :pray:

Evolving78

I hope I'm APL by July. I flat iron hair weekly now, so I already see what's going on with my hair. I'm in hiding mode right now.

abbygirl

Hello Ladies,

Just posting a pix of my hair length as at last week, so I have been in crochet braids consistently since November 14, I do not leave my hair out for more than 3 days in-between my protective styling.
My BIGGEST struggle since going natural was finding a good deep conditioner but after purchasing some of the deep conditioners mentioned in glamtwinz video on deep conditioners, i can say i see a dramatic improvement in the feel of my hair.

I have also kept up with my trims to get rid of my damaged coloured ends.

that a pix of my hair blow dried, i deep conditioned with Joico intense hydrador and OMG, my blow dried hair was so smooth :grin:.

Attachments

• ATT_1425916601304_IMG-20150309-WA0001.jpg
    ATT_1425916601304_IMG-20150309-WA0001.jpg
    188.3 KB · Views: 80
Last edited:

Evolving78

Hello Ladies, Just posting a pix of my hair length as at last week, so I have been in crochet braids consistently since November 14, I do not leave my hair out for more than 3 days in-between my protective styling. My BIGGEST struggle since going natural finding a good deep conditioner but after purchasing some of the deep conditioners mentioned in glamtwinz video on deep conditioners, i can say i see a dramatic improvement in the feel of my hair. I have also kept up with my trims to get rid of my damaged coloured ends. that a pix of my hair blow dried, i deep conditioned with Joico intense hydrador and OMG, my blow dried hair was so smooth :grin:.
looks healthy!