2015 APL/BSL Challenge

Realhairdontcare

I broke my maxiglide last night but will be getting a new flat iron soon along with a pair of hair shears. I have hardly been using heat on my hair though. My hair is growing pretty fast though but I have had bsb hair before but had a very bad setback in 2013 which took me to SL. I did not think that I would be able to wear my hair in its natural texture at one point but I have proved myself wrong.

naturalagain2

Hey everyone! I would like to join. I was hesitant about joining because my hair has been at a stand still, but I have decided to transition back to natural and would like to join and finally get to BSL.

1. Current hair length: APL (or close to it; trimmed last night need to take an official pic)
  2. Relaxed/Natura/Texlaxed/Transitioning: Transitioning
  3. Goal Month: DEC. I hope to be at least close to BSL. I have a long torso so I know it will take a while.
  4. Current Reggie and styling choices: Prepoo w/ oils - Shampoo w/ a Moisturizing Shampoo (Clarify every 4-6 weeks) - DC w/ Keracare Humecto or an APB conditoner; Protein once a month or once every other month (mix in w/ my moisturizing DC) - Apply Leave in - Blowdry (every wash to prevent tangles) or rollerset. I plan to protective style every other month.
  5. What do you plan on changing (if anything) to make it to APL/BSL? Keep my hair straight (too many tangles if I don't do this)/Ease up on the protein/Protective style often (my plan is one or two months in a protective style and one month with my hair out)
  6. Post a beginning picture: Will post later

faithVA

I know right lol...OAN I miss the app. I hate logging in in my phone trying to navigate through everything. I don't even remember how to upload pics like this. Do you know how long it's been since I uploaded pics from my computer lol. I miss the app

You seem to keep outgrowing your challenges :lol:

traceedeebee

I finally stopped waiting on my mobile app to work and logged in to find it's not available for the iPhone 6. :cry3:

Oh well. I did get my hair done. I've come to the conclusion, that I will blow out and flat iron my own hair. I'll use my stylist just for trims. My scalp hurt for a couple days afterwards because she didn't use the technique I showed her. I should make my goal of APL by the end of the year. :drunk:image.jpgimage.jpg

apple_natural

acv rinse on my scalp on Tuesday evening. I think I used more acv than usual. It left a scent for a little longer than usual.....I was supposed to follow up with a hot oil treatment, but I have not done that yet so my scalp was soooo dry by today.... still lazy. Put oil in it but didnt heat it up. I'm going to try something different tomorrow evening: massage in a little more oil or just use what is on my scalp already, wet a medium towel in hot water, ring it out, wrap that on my head for.. a while, then rinse it off

Realhairdontcare

I just had to trim more than I planned because I was long overdue so while before I was grazing apl. I am maybe an inch or so away but I'm not for sure. My hair feels much better tho so I'm thinking about dusting every 8 weeks from now on. I was hoping to be apl by the end of June but I don't wanna push it so I will just see where I'm at then and will try not to do no pull tests until next length check because I do them too often.

kupenda

Just had my hair blow dried and flat ironed plus a much needed trim. Over 3 inches cut off. Necessary, and I'm only a little bit sad. But I'm no longer APL. Which is fine. Who wants raggedy APL? Not this chick. I will start back up with my Green Magic scalp massages and likely start getting my hair blown out monthly to help get a handle on the tangles. I had quite a bit of breakage in the middle from my most coarse texture

ForestRose

So my hair journey has halted completely. I've decided to texlax and cut my hair off. It will probably be neck length maybe grazing shoulder length by the time its done. My hair needs a new start completely. Its either that or cut it very short and wear extensions to grow it out. If the texlax ends horribly then it will be plan B.

I was thinking about doing this in the summer but I'm getting urges now. It may be sooner than I think. Looks like I'll be back here in 2016 though:grinwink:

PlainJane

Blow dried my hair with my new handle less dryer on low heat. The results are okay. I think I went wrong using oyin hair dew as my leave in. I will try Aussie moist next time. I hope there's no ill effects from blow drying on low because I can see myself doing this when I'm not roller setting. I've kind of accepted that I need my hair super stretched at all times.

Evolving78

Blow dried my hair with my new handle less dryer on low heat. The results are okay. I think I went wrong using oyin hair dew as my leave in. I will try Aussie moist next time. I hope there's no ill effects from blow drying on low because I can see myself doing this when I'm not roller setting. I've kind of accepted that I need my hair super stretched at all times.
I have to have my hair stretched! I am still working on my hair! Day 3 now... I flat iron one side so far... It took me an hour!