2014 Challenge- CoWash, CoCleanse, Mud Wash, Honey Cleanse, & Others

faithVA

I was going to cowash but decided to do a protein treatment and an overnight DC instead. I probably won't cowash again until after Christmas. Going to put my hair up for vacation.

Pennefeather

Is it better to cowash with a thin conditioner or thick? The only time me that I tried cowashing, I used Nexxus Therapy, which left my hair feeling soft, but not clean.

mshoneyfly

@faithVA
thanks for the mention, girl:grin::grin: This is an awesome idea for a thread. Count me in!!

MUST ANSWER THE FOLLOWING 10 QUESTIONS
1) State of hair (relaxed, natural, etc.) transitioning from relaxed to texturized...currently wearing waist length yarn braids
2) Current hair length: SL
3) Ultimate hair length: BSL
4) Year end hair goal (length, density, softness factor, ends maintenance etc): keeping the protein/moisture balance in check, retaining lush healthy ends which will give me more length!!
5) Method you will be using to cleanse your hair and scalp while retaining moisture: co-wash, co-cleanse and I want to try a mud wash using Nap84's recipe
6) Number of times per week you will do this: 1-2 times week or whenever I need added moisture
7) Products and/or ingredients you will be using: neem and tulsi poo bar while still in braids, followed by a diluted deep conditioner (not sure of dc product yet). After braids, co-cleansing with Wen Fig and Wen 613 as I will be at least 17 weeks post by then. Co-wash with VO5, ORS replenish conditioner, Shea Moisture sulfate-free poos. Excited to try this Nubian Heritage Hemp & Tamanu co-wash and Tresemmee split remedy conditioner
8) Anything you will be doing just prior or after (deep conditioning, hot oil, ayurvedic treatment, oil rinsing etc): prepoo with garlic oil and Hair Trigger, henna twice a month before cowashing, DCing after each co-wash or co-cleanse, co-washing a few days after fenugreek and henna deep treatments as needed. Will try tea rinsing as a final rinse after co-washing/cleansing
9) Frequency of traditional shampoo use: bi-weekly
10) List shampoo: neem and tulsi poo bar, nupur shikakai poo bar, ORS creamy aloe poo, Profectiv mega growth stimulating poo

ETA: Sorry Ogoma, I thought faithVA started the thread :blush:
Im still in though!!

Last edited:

Lita

*Review-Used SSI Blueberry Co/wash,after I used my Shi naturals scalp detox..My hair/scalp nice,clean very soft/easy to comb,I think this gives more moisture then Kera 10,for my hair...It really prepared my hair for Dc treatment...Smells nice refreshing/creamy lotion texture/rinses clean..No residue..Hair is left soft/shiny..

Happy Hair Growing!

Ann0804

Co washed yesterday with Wen Watermelon mixed with fenugreek, yucca and JBCO. I'll be doing this mixture for co washes throughout December.

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
Used:

As I Am Cleansing Pudding and followed up with a Rinsed Out bottle of Curl Junkie Daily Fix Cleansing Conditioner

Ogoma

I need to check out the Amala Cream Rinse some time.

I didn't co-cleanse as planned today, but will do so on Wednesday.

Prettiib

1) State of hair (relaxed, natural, etc.): Natural
2) Current hair length: Collarbone
4) Year end hair goal (length, density, softness factor, ends maintenance etc): Armpit length
5) Method you will be using to cleanse your hair and scalp while retaining moisture: Co-Wash
6) Number of times per week you will do this: 2x a week
7) Products and/or ingredients you will be using: Shea Moisture Co-Wash Cleansing Conditioner, DB Daily Cleansing Conditioner, Devacare No Poo, Ouidad Curl Co-Wash and others
8) Anything you will be doing just prior or after (deep conditioning, hot oil, ayurvedic treatment, oil rinsing etc): DC 1x weekly, 1x Pre-Poo, Once every 6 weeks Protein Treatment
9) Frequency of traditional shampoo use: Once a month
10) List shampoo: Qhemet Biologices Egyptian Wheatgrass Cleansing Tea

Last edited:

fiyahwerks

-In for another year of the healthy hair journey-

1) State of hair (relaxed, natural, etc.): natural
2) Current hair length: SL
4) Year end hair goal (length, density, softness factor, ends maintenance etc): APL by 12/14, keep moisturized and weekly deep conditioning sessions.
5) Method you will be using to cleanse your hair and scalp while retaining moisture: cowashing
6) Number of times per week you will do this: 1-2x (depends of fitness levels)
7) Products and/or ingredients you will be using: Too many to list, but I like to use products with certain items such as avocado oil and/or Grapeseed oil.
8) Anything you will be doing just prior or after (deep conditioning, hot oil, ayurvedic treatment, oil rinsing etc): Oil rinsing afterwards or deep conditioning.
9) Frequency of traditional shampoo use: Once every 2 weeks.
10) List shampoo: Perfect Results clarifying shampoo

VivaMac

@Ogoma
I am in on this challenge!
Looking for an effective co-wash cleanser I can get on the ground. Recommendations are welcomed.

1) State of hair (relaxed, natural, etc.): Natural
2) Current hair length: Unstretched: Shoulder, Stretched: BSB?
3) Ultimate hair length: Waist
4) Year end hair goal (length, density, softness factor, ends maintenance etc): BSL
5) Method you will be using to cleanse your hair and scalp while retaining moisture: Co-Wash, Mud Wash
6) Number of times per week you will do this: 1-2X Weekly
7) Products and/or ingredients you will be using: Tresemme Naturals, As I am, Home made mud wash.
8) Anything you will be doing just prior or after (deep conditioning, hot oil, ayurvedic treatment, oil rinsing etc): Pre-poo coconut oil, various oil mixes, ayurvedic treatment, Fenugreek, amla, etc.
9) Frequency of traditional shampoo use: As needed.
10) List shampoo:

You join by answering the questions above. If your name is not on the list @ me and I will include you. If you want off the list, please do the same.

DarkJoy

Bent. Not Broken.
I flat ironed so didn't cowash. Will be back in it next week tho

Ogoma

VivaMac

I like the TJ TTT. I have also tried Gud and Down Under Naturals at London Drugs with good results. Love Desert Essence Coconut and Red Italian Grape conditioners at Whole Foods, but better priced online - iherb, vitacost - than on the ground.

Prettiib

Cowashed last night with DB Daily Cleansing Conditioner Cream and I wish I would have tried it sooner. I fell in love lol.