2014 Challenge- CoWash, CoCleanse, Mud Wash, Honey Cleanse, & Others

I was going to cowash but decided to do a protein treatment and an overnight DC instead. I probably won't cowash again until after Christmas. Going to put my hair up for vacation.

Is it better to cowash with a thin conditioner or thick? The only time me that I tried cowashing, I used Nexxus Therapy, which left my hair feeling soft, but not clean.

@faithVA
thanks for the mention, girl:grin::grin: This is an awesome idea for a thread. Count me in!!

MUST ANSWER THE FOLLOWING 10 QUESTIONS
1) State of hair (relaxed, natural, etc.) transitioning from relaxed to texturized...currently wearing waist length yarn braids
2) Current hair length: SL
3) Ultimate hair length: BSL
4) Year end hair goal (length, density, softness factor, ends maintenance etc): keeping the protein/moisture balance in check, retaining lush healthy ends which will give me more length!!
5) Method you will be using to cleanse your hair and scalp while retaining moisture: co-wash, co-cleanse and I want to try a mud wash using Nap84's recipe
6) Number of times per week you will do this: 1-2 times week or whenever I need added moisture
7) Products and/or ingredients you will be using: neem and tulsi poo bar while still in braids, followed by a diluted deep conditioner (not sure of dc product yet). After braids, co-cleansing with Wen Fig and Wen 613 as I will be at least 17 weeks post by then. Co-wash with VO5, ORS replenish conditioner, Shea Moisture sulfate-free poos. Excited to try this Nubian Heritage Hemp & Tamanu co-wash and Tresemmee split remedy conditioner
8) Anything you will be doing just prior or after (deep conditioning, hot oil, ayurvedic treatment, oil rinsing etc): prepoo with garlic oil and Hair Trigger, henna twice a month before cowashing, DCing after each co-wash or co-cleanse, co-washing a few days after fenugreek and henna deep treatments as needed. Will try tea rinsing as a final rinse after co-washing/cleansing
9) Frequency of traditional shampoo use: bi-weekly
10) List shampoo: neem and tulsi poo bar, nupur shikakai poo bar, ORS creamy aloe poo, Profectiv mega growth stimulating poo

ETA: Sorry Ogoma, I thought faithVA started the thread :blush:
Im still in though!!

Last edited:
*Review-Used SSI Blueberry Co/wash,after I used my Shi naturals scalp detox..My hair/scalp nice,clean very soft/easy to comb,I think this gives more moisture then Kera 10,for my hair...It really prepared my hair for Dc treatment...Smells nice refreshing/creamy lotion texture/rinses clean..No residue..Hair is left soft/shiny..

Happy Hair Growing!

Co washed yesterday with Wen Watermelon mixed with fenugreek, yucca and JBCO. I'll be doing this mixture for co washes throughout December.

Used:

As I Am Cleansing Pudding and followed up with a Rinsed Out bottle of Curl Junkie Daily Fix Cleansing Conditioner

I need to check out the Amala Cream Rinse some time.

I didn't co-cleanse as planned today, but will do so on Wednesday.

1) State of hair (relaxed, natural, etc.): Natural
2) Current hair length: Collarbone
4) Year end hair goal (length, density, softness factor, ends maintenance etc): Armpit length
5) Method you will be using to cleanse your hair and scalp while retaining moisture: Co-Wash
6) Number of times per week you will do this: 2x a week
7) Products and/or ingredients you will be using: Shea Moisture Co-Wash Cleansing Conditioner, DB Daily Cleansing Conditioner, Devacare No Poo, Ouidad Curl Co-Wash and others
8) Anything you will be doing just prior or after (deep conditioning, hot oil, ayurvedic treatment, oil rinsing etc): DC 1x weekly, 1x Pre-Poo, Once every 6 weeks Protein Treatment
9) Frequency of traditional shampoo use: Once a month
10) List shampoo: Qhemet Biologices Egyptian Wheatgrass Cleansing Tea

Last edited:
-In for another year of the healthy hair journey-

1) State of hair (relaxed, natural, etc.): natural
2) Current hair length: SL
4) Year end hair goal (length, density, softness factor, ends maintenance etc): APL by 12/14, keep moisturized and weekly deep conditioning sessions.
5) Method you will be using to cleanse your hair and scalp while retaining moisture: cowashing
6) Number of times per week you will do this: 1-2x (depends of fitness levels)
7) Products and/or ingredients you will be using: Too many to list, but I like to use products with certain items such as avocado oil and/or Grapeseed oil.
8) Anything you will be doing just prior or after (deep conditioning, hot oil, ayurvedic treatment, oil rinsing etc): Oil rinsing afterwards or deep conditioning.
9) Frequency of traditional shampoo use: Once every 2 weeks.
10) List shampoo: Perfect Results clarifying shampoo

@Ogoma
I am in on this challenge!
Looking for an effective co-wash cleanser I can get on the ground. Recommendations are welcomed.

1) State of hair (relaxed, natural, etc.): Natural
2) Current hair length: Unstretched: Shoulder, Stretched: BSB?
3) Ultimate hair length: Waist
4) Year end hair goal (length, density, softness factor, ends maintenance etc): BSL
5) Method you will be using to cleanse your hair and scalp while retaining moisture: Co-Wash, Mud Wash
6) Number of times per week you will do this: 1-2X Weekly
7) Products and/or ingredients you will be using: Tresemme Naturals, As I am, Home made mud wash.
8) Anything you will be doing just prior or after (deep conditioning, hot oil, ayurvedic treatment, oil rinsing etc): Pre-poo coconut oil, various oil mixes, ayurvedic treatment, Fenugreek, amla, etc.
9) Frequency of traditional shampoo use: As needed.
10) List shampoo:

You join by answering the questions above. If your name is not on the list @ me and I will include you. If you want off the list, please do the same.

I flat ironed so didn't cowash. Will be back in it next week tho

VivaMac

I like the TJ TTT. I have also tried Gud and Down Under Naturals at London Drugs with good results. Love Desert Essence Coconut and Red Italian Grape conditioners at Whole Foods, but better priced online - iherb, vitacost - than on the ground.

Cowashed last night with DB Daily Cleansing Conditioner Cream and I wish I would have tried it sooner. I fell in love lol.

Back