2014 Challenge- CoWash, CoCleanse, Mud Wash, Honey Cleanse, & Others

CoCleansed with: A rinsed out bottle of CJ Daily Fix and a little HQS Coconut Lime

Cowashed with: SM's Anti Breakage Hair Mask

Getting rid of some old cowash, lisa Rachel, so used that.

Last edited:
Ogoma Add me :)

MUST ANSWER THE FOLLOWING 10 QUESTIONS
1) State of hair (relaxed, natural, etc.):In my head - Transitioning

2) Current hair length: WL - but about to go do a a major cut to maybe APL? Not sure.

3) Ultimate hair length:As long as I can handle.. At least WL

4) Year end hair goal (length, density, softness factor, ends maintenance etc): 6 inches of NG + whatever relaxed ends havent fallen off... lol

5) Method you will be using to cleanse your hair and scalp while retaining moisture: Cowash but going to experiment with homemade mud wash

6) Number of times per week you will do this:1 times per week

7) Products and/or ingredients you will be using: I'm currently in love with Cantu She Butters Cowash - Maybe Giovanni smooth as silk too.

8) Anything you will be doing just prior or after (deep conditioning, hot oil, ayurvedic treatment, oil rinsing etc): Apply grapeseed oil after washing on hair, and DC over it. For now I really like ORS replenishing, but I'm working on my own recipes to replace it.

9) Frequency of traditional shampoo use: 1x every 2 month

10) List shampoo: Kenra clarifying - Love it!

Ogoma Add me :)

MUST ANSWER THE FOLLOWING 10 QUESTIONS
1) State of hair (relaxed, natural, etc.):In my head - Transitioning

2) Current hair length: WL - but about to go do a a major cut to maybe APL? Not sure.

3) Ultimate hair length:As long as I can handle.. At least WL

4) Year end hair goal (length, density, softness factor, ends maintenance etc): 6 inches of NG + whatever relaxed ends havent fallen off... lol

5) Method you will be using to cleanse your hair and scalp while retaining moisture: Cowash but going to experiment with homemade mud wash

6) Number of times per week you will do this:1 times per week

7) Products and/or ingredients you will be using: I'm currently in love with Cantu She Butters Cowash - Maybe Giovanni smooth as silk too.

8) Anything you will be doing just prior or after (deep conditioning, hot oil, ayurvedic treatment, oil rinsing etc): Apply grapeseed oil after washing on hair, and DC over it. For now I really like ORS replenishing, but I'm working on my own recipes to replace it.

9) Frequency of traditional shampoo use: 1x every 2 month

10) List shampoo: Kenra clarifying - Love it!

I love your hair---and your YouTube channel lol

I've only cowashed this week but my hair is already starting to feel slightly better. I hope long term I can get an improvement in the moisture in my hair.

Co-washed with Shea Moisture Retention Conditioner. Sealed with QP Mango Butter (first time using it and I like it--but we'll see how it looks in the morning) and Mira hair oil that I had left over.

Maybe i need to join this challenge too because my hair is 7 weeks post relaxer, cannot be combed or manipulated much so i think my best bet is to co-wash 2X weekly and flexi rod set straight out the shower.

Also i've been searching for a good cleansing conditioner, preferably a detangling one that's very thick in texture but will melt my NG like butta.

This is the 2nd week I have skipped my co-wash. Last week we had sub-zero temperatures and this week I am suffering with a cold. I hate when I skip my mid-week co-wash. Hopefully I will be back on rack nest week.

I hope everyone is doing good.

I have not been co-washing mid week as well. Feeling so lazy these days and have not been working out so my scalp has not been feeling icky.

Rozlewis I hope you recover quickly. I'm slowly getting over the worst flu I've had in many many years. This winter has so sucked:nono:

I plan on getting back on schedule this weekend:yep:

Rozlewis I hope you recover quickly. I'm slowly getting over the worst flu I've had in many many years. This winter has so sucked:nono:

I plan on getting back on schedule this weekend:yep:

Nix08, so glad you are feeling better. Thankfully I only had a cold that was pretty bad yesterday but I think I slept it off. I called in to work on yesterday and today. I will go back tomorrow. I have a 9 year old who was sick and of course I had to catch it. My husband was fine but he never gets anything.

This weather is no joke. Take care!

I forgot to post I cowashed yesterday with SSI blueberry cowash and followed up with their honey rinse

Sent from my iPad using LHCF

Back