2013 Relaxed Hair Buddy Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
You're right that was terribly mean, I got carried away...my apologies. I know this because I was like this last year and the year before that. You saw my product list in the 2012 use up your stash challenge.

That laugh was the next best thing to a glass of wine, it was much needed. Besides if you were in my daughter's class, the person who laughs with the funny, rude kid is just as guilty and receives punishment too. Cattypus1, you are on a time out.

Sent from my iPhone using LHCF

I will not surf & swipe, I will not surf & swipe, I will not surf & swipe...

EnExitStageLeft can you list the ingredients for the Nairobi Foam Wrap? I can't find them online.

I wonder if transitioner/natural(s) will get good results using this while setting?

I used it when I did dd's curlformers set. I did it on previously stretched hair and her curls came out bouncy soft BUT they didn't even last an hour once humidity hit it. The soft stretched hair did last but she need something with more hold.

sunnieb Nix08 baddison Cherry89 divachyk

Ladies... How often are you doing "hard" protein treatments and what are you using? I usually do one a week before I relax; but that equates to only once every 20 weeks.

All on this thread please feel free to reply.

DominicanBrazilian82

sunnieb, Nix08, Cherry89, divachyk

Good question!! I don't know about the other ladies, but I never need to do "hard' protein treatments. I been henna'ing monthly for about 5 years now. NUPUR henna has done some fantastic things to my hair. I do not need "hard" protein at all. But I DO use mild protein treatments monthly as well. I use ApHogee 2-Minute recontstructor for that. And if there's an off day where I feel my hair needs a protein boost, I use the ApHogee Green tea spray or CHI Keratin Mist. Those products are like INSTANT protein to my hair. When I overuse protein, my hair gets hard and tangled. That's why its so important to listen to what your hair needs. NUPUR henna keeps my strands strong....I don't need too much protein. Moisture is usually what my hair craves.

Hope this helps.

@mschristine @Mande30:
So far, so good. I am one week post and hair is doing well. I have slacked on taking my vitamins and I can tell. My hair is shedding a little. I'm happy with my relaxer results, but I plan to stretch a little longer this time. I can't seem to get my hair as moisturized as I would like, especially during a stretch. I used Kera Care dry itchy scalp conditioner and my hair felt so soft afterwards. I'm going to keep using it for awhile to see if it's the difference maker. It just did not detangle as well I would like.

klsjackson mschristine

Hey buddies. I have been MIA for a bit. Was on vacation and seperated from the world (cell phone, internet, etc.) I'm back and happy to say that I kept up with my hair routine. I shampooed and did a slight dust/trim today. I am 2 weeks post and ready for 10 more. That puts me at about the second or third week in August for my next touch up. Glad to hear that you all of doing well.

Are we really 5 weeks?!?! Gosh, it seems like shorter..LOL! Well, only 15 more to go! I'm just enjoying bunning my way to BSL by the end of the year.

Ya I had to check too on how long it's been...My hair is doing well....I did a ponytail all last week and today I just have it hanging down.

@DominicanBrazilian82 I never do hard protein treatments either.

@sunnieb @Nix08 @baddison @DominicanBrazilian82 @Cherry89 @divachyk This 20 week stretch should be interesting, I've gotten very hair lazy as of late:nono:

Okay, so I'm one month post and I am dying.

This was rarely a problem pre-LHCF, but now I feel like this is the fastest my hair has ever grown in any one period, especially when I'm 1) avoiding the salon, 2) avoiding heat 3) cowashing every 2 days 4) vitamin usage.

I haven't felt my scalp after a wash in maybe 2 weeks? I can no longer part my hair :( Foaming wrap only does so much. I think I may limit this stretch to 8 weeks.

I'm also thinking about adding MSM to my vitamin regimen. I'm currently taking 10,000mg of Biotin daily.

Okay, so I'm one month post and I am dying.

This was rarely a problem pre-LHCF, but now I feel like this is the fastest my hair has ever grown in any one period, especially when I'm 1) avoiding the salon, 2) avoiding heat 3) cowashing every 2 days 4) vitamin usage.

I haven't felt my scalp after a wash in maybe 2 weeks? I can no longer part my hair :( Foaming wrap only does so much. I think I may limit this stretch to 8 weeks.

I'm also thinking about adding MSM to my vitamin regimen. I'm currently taking 10,000mg of Biotin daily.

Too much growth is a great problem to have! We should all be so lucky. :).

Cattypus1 yes I'm really happy but I'm getting to that point where I really don't know what to do with my hair. It barely lays as is. I really want to be like other ladies and stretch my relaxer out though.

klsjackson mschristine

Hey buddies. I have been MIA for a bit. Was on vacation and seperated from the world (cell phone, internet, etc.) I'm back and happy to say that I kept up with my hair routine. I shampooed and did a slight dust/trim today. I am 2 weeks post and ready for 10 more. That puts me at about the second or third week in August for my next touch up. Glad to hear that you all of doing well.

Relaxed my hair today and going to get my major cut on Wednesday. I'll relax again the second week of August before me and my boo go on our vacation. That will put me at about 10 weeks post

Help me for I have sinned against my hair sister :(. Ok, now that I got that out the way. I can use a ton of this Nairobi foam and my hair never feels heavy, stiff or oily. It's definitely superior.

I keep trying to tell y'll I have literally found some great staples and this is how I was able to recover from product junkism.

Yes, I stand by this product as well. I've tried others and none compare.

Oh Lawd, get this chick outta here! I'm just going to mention the relaxer because I know our addicts ain't going out to buy a new relaxer.

My stylist have used Nairobi on my hair for two years now and my hair loves it! She used something different on my last touch up and I was like whollup! I am going to be sure to tell her she had better have my Nairobi Pamper when I see her in 6-10 weeks. Ain't nobody got time for dat!!!

Nairobi Humecta-Sil is da-bomb as well. I use this as my moisturizing conditioner after Affirm 5 n 1 reconstructor.

I keep picturing y'll running to the beauty supply looking like a crackhead trying hurry to her dealer. You know how you see them walking all fast and damn there running and when somebody try to stop them to talk they keep walking because ain't nobody got time for dat. Then you see them 30 minutes later strolling along laughing and shooting the breeze with everybody.

Y'll when you read product reviews:

Y'll when you surf &swipe

And finally y'll after you got your fix:

LMBO!!!

Girl, you is wrong for dis!!!!

She knew she was wrong when she did it! So mean but funny as HEYELL!

Ok, I'm just going to be the voice of reason with the mature attitude. If it helps, I'm a Gemini and that post was written by my evil twin...

Ok, I'm just going to be the voice of reason with the mature attitude. If it helps, I'm a Gemini and that post was written by my evil twin...

You a mess, girl! Evil twin...a likely story. Still funny...Humecta-Sil is on my to try list when I'm off probation at the end of the month.

shortdub78 did you meet with the Nairobi distributor today?? I'm curious, what did you get?

Me too...I have a to try list and I want to make sure I've got the right stuff. I've already ordered my silk dreams so it'll be a while but I want a review.

KiWiStyle Cattypus1

that clown didn't get back in touch with me. so i found the one near CC Hills and he doesn't carry that line anymore, just Essations. so i tried to hunt down another and it just wasn't working out. the stylist i went to didn't want to give me any info either, so i just ordered the hydrating shampoo, that humectica conditioner?, and the foam wrap lotion. i don't know what i am going to do about washing my hair.

i know i won't be using NTM for a moisturizer anymore. it doesn't say it can be used on the bottle as such. just going to stay away from anything that can cause coating and protein buildup.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back