2013 Relaxed Hair Buddy Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cattypus1
xu93texas
Altruisticoam
yoli184
KiWiStyle

hey ladies. i am really going to focus on my front crown area. i had some mechanical breakage last year in the summer. it's not noticeable, but it does cause me to look like i have some fly aways.

i'm going to moisturize this area more and stay on top with my protein treatments.
i am not going to smooth this area during the relaxing process time. i need to get this area strong. i want ot focus on my edges too, by relaxing that area every other touchup.

do you ladies smooth after applying the relaxer or just allow it to process and leave it be? if so, does it still get straight? and what is your hair type?

Hey, shortdub78
I don't smooth after applying. I've always thought I was a 4B-C but I'm trying to Texlax and having mixed results. I may be imagining it but either my texture has loosened as I've aged or I really wasn't a 4B-C to begin with. My ultimate goal is to loosen my curl just enough to do a wash-n-go and still be able to straighten with a little bit of heat when I want to. If I could get to a decent WNG I would probably never wear it straight...I just want the option.

Cattypus1
xu93texas
Altruisticoam
yoli184
KiWiStyle

hey ladies! i plan on relaxing in about two weeks. i am going to switch back to lye. i believe in order for my hair to be stronger, i need to leave some texture behind. i plan on using ORS regular/no base. after that, i plan on coloring my hair blue black. oh, instead of using a grease to base my scalp with, i am going to put some castor oil in an applicator bottle and base my scalp the night before i relax. i think this will be easier and less time consuming. it takes me 40-60 mins to part and base my scalp. i can't afford to go to the salon to get it done, since i gotta pay on some things for my kiddies for the summer and i need some new tires. i just have to find somebody that is just going to apply the relaxer to my roots only! i would do it myself, but i get sloppy trying to rush and not go over processing time.

i was on YT and came across another Ytuber that did a major trim. i know our ends get old, thin, and withered, but why do so many ladies wait that long to cut off 3 inches of hair or more? but claim, they don't need to trim often because they take really good care of their hair? i have seen 3 Ytubers this year say and do the exact same thing.

shortdub78 I'm looking forward to seeing your results. Are you taking garlic supplements and/or using garlic scalp treatments OR tea rinsing to keep postpartum shedding in check?

Some women especially with course/thick hair can go longer periods without trimming. On the other hand, fine heads like myself have to trim/dust regularly. Yesterday I just took off about 1/4-1/2" off the back and lightly dusted the sides. My ends are super thin but I'm no longer in repair mode and trimming, I now do preventative maintenance dusting. As for those you tubers, I can't say why somebody can arbitrarily cut off that much hair for grins and giggles. Maybe they are just obsessed with thick, full blunt ends. I need to trim another 1/2-1" off to even my hemline but that ain't going to happen because they are not frayed and splitting. I'll continue to trim 1/4" or less after my relaxers until I'm happy with the fullness of my ends.

Sent from my iPhone using LHCF

Cattypus1
xu93texas
Altruisticoam
yoli184
KiWiStyle

hey ladies. i am really going to focus on my front crown area. i had some mechanical breakage last year in the summer. it's not noticeable, but it does cause me to look like i have some fly aways.

i'm going to moisturize this area more and stay on top with my protein treatments.
i am not going to smooth this area during the relaxing process time. i need to get this area strong. i want ot focus on my edges too, by relaxing that area every other touchup.

do you ladies smooth after applying the relaxer or just allow it to process and leave it be? if so, does it still get straight? and what is your hair type?

shortdub78 I don't SR but yes my stylist does smooth after applying. I hope you get a handle on your crown, bad spots can be a bit discouraging. I'm losing hope that the two areas by my front hairline on both sides will never grow again. I've done everything with no results. My bangs are thin and short so I don't do them and when I wear all my hair pulled back, you can see the thin spots. I think my follicles are weak and/or dead from previous relaxer damage.

shortdub78 I'm looking forward to seeing your results. Are you taking garlic supplements and/or using garlic scalp treatments OR tea rinsing to keep postpartum shedding in check?

Some women especially with course/thick hair can go longer periods without trimming. On the other hand, fine heads like myself have to trim/dust regularly. Yesterday I just took off about 1/4-1/2" off the back and lightly dusted the sides. My ends are super thin but I'm no longer in repair mode and trimming, I now do preventative maintenance dusting. As for those you tubers, I can't say why somebody can arbitrarily cut off that much hair for grins and giggles. Maybe they are just obsessed with thick, full blunt ends. I need to trim another 1/2-1" off to even my hemline but that ain't going to happen because they are not frayed and splitting. I'll continue to trim 1/4" or less after my relaxers until I'm happy with the fullness of my ends.

no i am not taking anything for the shedding and thank you for reminding me! i could have gotten some tea and garlic pills today! i hate when i am rushing and got a lot on the brain!

i decided i am going to relax and color today. i am going to use Jazzy. i haven't used that in years.

no i am not taking anything for the shedding and thank you for reminding me! i could have gotten some tea and garlic pills today! i hate when i am rushing and got a lot on the brain!

i decided i am going to relax and color today. i am going to use Jazzy. i haven't used that in years.

Ooh, can't wait to see!

I've never used Jazzy...please let us know how it works for you.

Nix08 is it too late for you to come down and pre-part my hair????? :look:

I'm so ready to relax, but the pre-parting takes sooooo long.....

Nix08 - ok, ok....pre-parting is done. Taking a short break then it's relaxer time!! :yay: I'm ready to see my scalp!! :grin:

baddison - did you already relax today or are you a night owl relaxer like me?

@Cattypus1
@xu93texas
@Altruisticoam
@yoli184
@KiWiStyle

I'm not a self-relaxer. I'm thinking about it. My hair type is mostly 4A with some 4b patches in the back. I do remember my stylist smoothing over. She doesn't have to do much b/c my hair relaxes so fast!

Cattypus1
xu93texas
Altruisticoam
yoli184
KiWiStyle

ok ladies! i have been doing my hair since 6pm with a ton of interruptions. it's 4:42am right now. here are my results. it was hard to take a pic and keep my hair in place. i didn't do anything i said i would do except color my hair and i used oil to base my scalp. the color is fine. a little dry though. i used Jazzing in Bluest Black. i will go back to lye in the future. i will continue to work on strengthening my hair and find ways to get me through stretching/avoiding breakage.
Jan 2013
picture.php

April 2013
picture.php

Last edited:
Cattypus1
xu93texas
Altruisticoam
yoli184
KiWiStyle

ok ladies! i have been doing my hair since 6pm with a ton of interruptions. it's 4:42am right now. here are my results. it was hard to take a pic and keep my hair in place. i didn't do anything i said i would do except color my hair and i used oil to base my scalp. the color is fine. a little dry though. i used Jazzing in Bluest Black. i will go back to lye in the future. i will continue to work on strengthening my hair and find ways to get me through stretching/avoiding breakage.
Jan 2013

April 2013

You did good! I'm loving the density of your hair! When you learn how to avoid breakage at the line of demarcation please let me know.

Nix08 - ok, ok....pre-parting is done. Taking a short break then it's relaxer time!! :yay: I'm ready to see my scalp!! :grin:

baddison - did you already relax today or are you a night owl relaxer like me?

sunnieb Girrllll, I relaxed according to my 2013 schedule I posted. I'm gonna post pics real soon. My hair alternates between thickness and and length. This time, it looks like I got more thickness than length. But overall, I am quite pleased with my progress. pictures to follow...:grin:

Cattypus1
xu93texas
Altruisticoam
yoli184
KiWiStyle

Jan 2013

April 2013

Your hair looks great. I wish my ends looked so good! You did a great job.

baddison can't wait to see your pics!

I reset my relaxer day counter and I have 139 days until I relax on September 13 at 20 weeks post.

divachyk Cherry89 Nix08 when are you ladies relaxing again?

Sent from my Comet using LHCF

sunnieb, Cherry89, Nix08, baddison, I will assess around mid-June. That puts me at the 10-12 week mark. If cowashing has made the stretch easy, I'll will keep stretching. If not, then I'll TU on my normal schedule.

shortdub78

Your hair looks great! Whatever your regimen is, it's working for you.

thank you hunny bunny! i bun everyday. i don't wear my hair down often. i like to wash my hair every few days. i air dry and finger detangle. i barely use a comb. i don't use tight hair accessories. i use spin pins for my buns.

i try my best to get the protein/moisture balance thing in order, and i dust often.

OK....here is my update pic. I wear my bra really really low, so not sure where BSL is going to actually land on my body. But right now I'm no where near BSL, so lets not worry about that til about December. :grin::grin: I have gained some thickness, and it looks like my ends are tryna play catchup with each other. I will continue to bun and hide my hair till December 2013, so I'm not trimming or touching the ends until then.

Overall I'm really pleased with the health of my hair, and my progress. I'm a very slow grower, so I'm feeling pretty good about my journey so far.

Next relaxer is in 18weeks = AUGUST 24th, 2013!!

Lets go "TEAM18WEEKS" !!!

Attachments

• compare.jpg
    compare.jpg
    71.3 KB · Views: 44
baddison yep, I see the thickness you gained. I'm with you on focusing on health first. Length will come.

Um....Nix08 and I are going 20 weeks this cycle. You in? :look:

Sent from my Comet using LHCF

Hey ladies I'm finally back!

All went well with the wedding and the honeymoon was amazing :) thanks for all your well wishes and I'm happy to be married now!

Now it's back to the regular routine and my weekly washes and roller sets.

lovely wedding pic! my favorite color is orange/peach too!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back