2013 - Christian Random Thoughts Thread

Iwanthealthyhair67

Wow, Healthy Hair. This is a piercing question. :yep:

I would say that it was:

The entire human race, past, present and future...

The chastisement of our peace was upon His shoulders...

Hey Shimmie love, I meant to fix that as it doesn't read right, there where three crosses so the question would be more like were all three men sinners on the cross?

The answer would be yes, Jesus who knew no sin but took on sin for us.

Laela

Sidestepping the "lynch mob"
Welchel's Encouragement today ..

You know, everybody needs encouragement and help at times, don’t they? As I read 2 Corinthians 7, I realized that even the great Apostle Paul had his bad times when he needed other people. He said in verse 5 “For when we came into Macedonia, this body of ours had no rest, but we were harassed at every turn—conflicts on the outside, fears within.”

Doesn’t that describe the way you feel at times? Conflicts without, fears within? But this is the spiritual giant, Paul, and it surprises us to realize that he would have these same feelings. Well, we really need to remember that positions of prominence do not isolate anyone from being human. Paul was tired and fearful. He needed help.

Where did his help come from? He goes on to say, “But God, who comforts the downcast, comforted us by the coming of Titus.” He needed a friend at his side to comfort him, and so Titus came along. We could say to Paul, “But wasn’t it enough to have the Lord there?” And Paul would respond, “The Lord was there in the person of Titus. He comforted me by sending Titus.”

Yes indeed, that’s how the Body of Christ should function. God wants to use us in each other’s lives as messengers of comfort and encouragement, to pick each other up at those weary and frightened moments of our lives. God has given us each other for that purpose.

Paul goes on to say that he was comforted by the good report Titus brought to him of the concern for his welfare by his friends in Corinth. Paul needed to know that they cared, that they hadn’t forgotten him, and that they still loved him.

How often do we miss these opportunities to be God’s comfort in the lives of others? How often do we need to be by a friend’s side when they’re experiencing dark days? Or send a message to them—by email or snail mail or on the phone—just to say, I care.

Hallmark Cards has coined the phrase, “When you care enough to send the very best.” When we as Christians care enough about each other, we can send our very best, which is the comfort of God pouring through us to those who need it.

Is there someone in your life today that needs a Titus? Ask God to show you, and allow him to use you as his agent of comfort and encouragement.

Laela

Sidestepping the "lynch mob"
Heard by this pastor... the only way to be fulfilled is to be filled full of the Holy Spirit. .Love that...

MrsHaseeb

1 Peter 1:13-15 ESV

Therefore, preparing your minds for action, and being sober-minded, set your hope fully on the grace that will be brought to you at the revelation of Jesus Christ. As obedient children, do not be conformed to the passions of your former ignorance, but as he who called you is holy, you also be holy in all your conduct,

MrsHaseeb

Psalm 100:1-5 MSG

On your feet now—applaud God ! Bring a gift of laughter, sing yourselves into his presence. Know this: God is God, and God, God . He made us; we didn’t make him. We’re his people, his well-tended sheep. Enter with the password: “Thank you!” Make yourselves at home, talking praise. Thank him. Worship him. For God is sheer beauty, all-generous in love, loyal always and ever.

Nice & Wavy

“Therefore I urge you, brethren, by the mercies of God, to present your bodies a living and holy sacrifice, acceptable to God, which is your spiritual service of worship.” – Romans 12:1

Jesus was a perfect example of a living sacrifice. He died in obedience to His Father’s will. But He rose again and now is a living sacrifice. He totally surrendered His will to God’s will, even to the point of death.

Presenting our bodies as a living sacrifice to God is the right response to all that He has done for us. In doing so, we get our eyes off of ourselves and onto Him. This is a sold-out kind of lifestyle, one where we give up all of our rights in order to serve God.

Service at its best is worship! God wants all of our body, mind, soul, and spirit. Total surrender is our spiritual service of worship!

It is a way of living, not a list of things to do.

Kay Arthur

Shimmie

"God is the Only Truth -- Period"
Staff member
Hey Shimmie love, I meant to fix that as it doesn't read right, there where three crosses so the question would be more like were all three men sinners on the cross?

The answer would be yes, Jesus who knew no sin but took on sin for us.

Iwanthealthyhair67... You always share what's needed for us to reflect upon and pray about and for.

Love you much, precious sister. :love3:

MrsHaseeb

Isaiah 45:5-7 KJV
I am the Lord , and there is none else, there is no God beside me: I girded thee, though thou hast not known me: [6] That they may know from the rising of the sun, and from the west, that there is none beside me. I am the Lord , and there is none else. [7] I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the Lord do all these things .

You know what I love about the Lord? He is God and he makes no apologies for it. He will not bow down to our expectations, we must live up to His. Jesus I love you for being completely sovereign. Hallelujah!

After reading through momi's thread yesterday regarding the president I saw the depths of Satan's power over the minds of people. She was 100% right but the blinded minds just could not see it.... God is still sovereign and nothing happens without His authority as King! He is simply giving the people over to what they want. We cant try to take all the good God offers yet leave out His holy and righteous judgement.

Nice & Wavy

Isaiah 45:5-7 KJV
I am the Lord , and there is none else, there is no God beside me: I girded thee, though thou hast not known me: [6] That they may know from the rising of the sun, and from the west, that there is none beside me. I am the Lord , and there is none else. [7] I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the Lord do all these things .

You know what I love about the Lord? He is God and he makes no apologies for it. He will not bow down to our expectations, we must live up to His. Jesus I love you for being completely sovereign. Hallelujah!

After reading through momi's thread yesterday regarding the president I saw the depths of Satan's power over the minds of people. She was 100% right but the blinded minds just could not see it.... God is still sovereign and nothing happens without His authority as King! He is simply giving the people over to what they want. We cant try to take all the good God offers yet leave out His holy and righteous judgement.
Girl, those people sit over there in the OT all day and post garbage....Garbage in...garbage out. They love everything that is perverted and unholy. They live for sexual immorality and everything else that God hates.

They love strife and contention and they thrive for it so when anyone of us post over there, they can't stand the light and want us to come back here in the CF...as if this is the only place we are suppose to be. Girl....:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:
Their lives are filled with vitirol and sour grapes. Their mouths are filled with all types of death and destruction...to themselves. They talk about those that are true Christ Followers, but they don't understand that things for us are great because we have Jesus in our hearts and our lives belong to Him...it's them that have to be afraid of what the enemy is going to do to them....satan already have them in the palm of his hands....they are nothing but puppets in a world filled with sin and death.

If I weren't who I am in Christ...I would say "Lord....let them all die in their sins." But, I have to remember who lives in me...but, it doesn't mean I don't have feelings...I do. I choose not to say anything in that thread because I refuse to give my pearls to swine...yeah I said it.

ETA:
"Do not give what is holy to dogs, and do not throw pearls before swine, lest they trample them under their feet, and turn and tear you to pieces." (Matthew 7:6).

In other words:
"Do not persist in offering what is sacred or of value to those who have no appreciation for it, because your gift will not only become contaminated and be despised, your generous efforts could also be rebuffed and perhaps even openly attacked."

ETAA:
I know not everyone is going to agree with my post...I really don't care. This is how I am feeling and I don't feel like being mushy today.

Let me have my day.

Thank you.

Last edited:

sweetvi

Girl, those people sit over there in the OT all day and post garbage....Garbage in...garbage out. They love everything that is perverted and unholy. They live for sexual immorality and everything else that God hates.

They love strife and contention and they thrive for it so when anyone of us post over there, they can't stand the light and want us to come back here in the CF...as if this is the only place we are suppose to be. Girl....:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:
Their lives are filled with vitirol and sour grapes. Their mouths are filled with all types of death and destruction...to themselves. They talk about those that are true Christ Followers, but they don't understand that things for us are great because we have Jesus in our hearts and our lives belong to Him...it's them that have to be afraid of what the enemy is going to do to them....satan already have them in the palm of his hands....they are nothing but puppets in a world filled with sin and death.

If I weren't who I am in Christ...I would say "Lord....let them all die in their sins." But, I have to remember who lives in me...but, it doesn't mean I don't have feelings...I do. I choose not to say anything in that thread because I refuse to give my pearls to swine...yeah I said it.

ETA:
"Do not give what is holy to dogs, and do not throw pearls before swine, lest they trample them under their feet, and turn and tear you to pieces." (Matthew 7:6).

In other words:
"Do not persist in offering what is sacred or of value to those who have no appreciation for it, because your gift will not only become contaminated and be despised, your generous efforts could also be rebuffed and perhaps even openly attacked."

Oh you can say that again. I admire momi because she does not care!

Nice & Wavy

I concur about momi, but like you I couldn't do it either.
I can't wait for my subscription to be up....this place is no longer a place to post safely...too much is being allowed and rules are being broken everyday and no one says a word.

If I wanted to be in a forum like this, I could have went to lipstickalley for free....:nono:

How can a christian accept this garbage?

Last edited:

Iwanthealthyhair67

I cant take over there at all...

I know how you feel Sis but you are impacting so many with your ministry, when the truth is given them by any one of us they are then responsible for what they hear whether they accept it or not.

I can't wait for my subscription to be up....this place is no longer a place of safety...too much is being allowed and rules are being broken everyday and no one says a word.

If I wanted to be in a forum like this, I could have went to lipstickalley for free....:nono:

How can a christian accept this garbage?

MrsHaseeb

I cant take over there at all...

I know how you feel Sis but you are impacting so many with your ministry, when the truth is given them by any one of us they are then responsible for what they hear whether they accept it or not.

I rarely go over there either. I read some of that stuff and I see that people are brainwashed, totally taken over by the powers of darkness and set in their ways. They refuse to change so I don't waste precious words. Momi 's thread simply confirmed why I don't go over there. Then when I do venture over to read, professing Christians are acting just like them, cursing and such. The Holy Spirit makes me aware of what I say because I house a holy God and we have been warned that we will be judged for every idle word we speak.. I can't stand seeing someone post over here for one thread then curse over there in another like it means nothing... But, I digress. I'm sure if you ask the devil he'll tell you he's a Christian so I can't be surprised by those things.