2013 - Christian Random Thoughts Thread

Nice & Wavy

IIRC I never just received checks in the mail at random....unexpectantly

Well for the last two weeks I received over $200 in various monies from companies out of the blue.

Thank you God!
Praise the Lord!!! His favor is upon you, sis!!! I am so happy for you and may you continue to get more gifts, in Jesus name!!! :love2:

Iwanthealthyhair67

I heard a preacher say that we are snacking on the WORD when we should be feasting on it. I agree with him, I want to be so full that I burp..... no belch.

Nice & Wavy

Who gave you checks and for what purpose? If we get back checks, there is always a reason if they are divine set-ups...
Why would you ask her who gave her checks and for what purpose? She shared here because she got a financial blessing...praise the Lord.

I am really trying to understand your post:yep:

Shimmie

"God is the Only Truth -- Period"
Staff member
IIRC I never just received checks in the mail at random....unexpectantly

Well for the last two weeks I received over $200 in various monies from companies out of the blue.

Thank you God!

Renewed1....

GIRL! :woohoo2: :woohoo2: :woohoo2:

Glo' Reeeyyyyyyyyyy to God! Glo' Reyyyyyyyyy! Halleluijah! :woohoo2:

Thank you for sharing this. Lemme' tell you sumpin'... YOU have ALWAYS yielded to God with your love and faith. Always!

Way back when I used to call you 'M & M'... Your faith has always inspired me. You have never been in a situation where God did not come through for you. And see here's the thing.

A sit'e a 'cion' would arise...

Then...

You'd pray about it. :yep: Yep, Yep, :yep:

And THEN...

You always come back with a 'Testimony' sharing with us how God has Blessed you... how God has come through for you.

Girl, don't tell me God ain't real. :happydance:

And see, this is one of the "HOW" God works. God layed it upon the heart of other folks that you know not, to send you some 'dallaaaas'.

I'm just excited. :meme: Can you tell? :lol: I am really rejoicing over here for and with you, cause' I'm just so blessed to see all of the miracles and blessings that God keeps pouring into your life.

Check this out "M & M".... As I was reading your post, this scripture rose up in my heart:

Give, and it shall be given unto you; good measure, pressed down, and shaken together, and running over, shall men give into your bosom. ( Luke 6:38 )

I am so happy for you... :yep: Renewed1, truly you are renewed, spirit, soul and body and finances. Men are surely giving unto to your bosom. Your heart is blessed.

I wanna say 'Happy Birthday' to you... :yep: Don't know why. But it sure feels like God just blessed you with new life, a new Birthday, and gifts of His unending love to go with it.

Soooooooooooo......

Happy Birthday to you
Happy Birthday to you

Happy Birthday, Dear Renewed1
Happy Birthday to you. :love3:

Today's your day of new 'renewed' beginnings, that will last forever.

"He always supplies all of your needs according to His riches in Glory..."

A financial blessing indeed... Thank you Lord Jesus. With all of our hearts, thank you for blessing our sister Renewed1 and for keeping her safe and happy.

In Jesus' Name, Amen and Amein... :love3:

Last edited:

Shimmie

Staff member
Praise the Lord!!! His favor is upon you, sis!!! I am so happy for you and may you continue to get more gifts, in Jesus name!!! :love2:

She shared here because she got a financial blessing...praise the Lord.

I couldn't defend her post any better. I'm so blessed to hear of Renewed1's financial blessing. She came in and gave God all the Glory. :yay: And blessed everyone who read her post.

I'm just excited :meme: (Ummm, Sis can you tell :look: :lol: ) and your reply just makes it all the more better and easier for her to receive even more from God.

God always looks after His children. Always.

Renewed1

Shimmie thank you for the encouraging words! You don't know how much I appreciate the encouragement! (hugs)

Thanks to everyone else! It was very unexpected and needed!

Nice & Wavy

@Renewed1....

GIRL! :woohoo2: :woohoo2: :woohoo2:

Glo' Reeeyyyyyyyyyy to God! Glo' Reyyyyyyyyy! Halleluijah! :woohoo2:

Thank you for sharing this. Lemme' tell you sumpin'... YOU have ALWAYS yielded to God with your love and faith. Always!

Way back when I used to call you 'M & M'... Your faith has always inspired me. You have never been in a situation where God did not come through for you. And see here's the thing.

A sit'e a 'cion' would arise...

Then...

You'd pray about it. :yep: Yep, Yep, :yep:

And THEN...

You always come back with a 'Testimony' sharing with us how God has Blessed you... how God has come through for you.

Girl, don't tell me God ain't real. :happydance:

And see, this is one of the "HOW" God works. God layed it upon the heart of other folks that you know not, to send you some 'dallaaaas'.

I'm just excited. :meme: Can you tell? :lol: I am really rejoicing over here for and with you, cause' I'm just so blessed to see all of the miracles and blessings that God keeps pouring into your life.

Check this out "M & M".... As I was reading your post, this scripture rose up in my heart:

Give, and it shall be given unto you; good measure, pressed down, and shaken together, and running over, shall men give into your bosom. ( Luke 6:38 )

I am so happy for you... :yep: @Renewed1, truly you are renewed, spirit, soul and body and finances. Men are surely giving unto to your bosom. Your heart is blessed.

I wanna say 'Happy Birthday' to you... :yep: Don't know why. But it sure feels like God just blessed you with new life, a new Birthday, and gifts of His unending love to go with it.

Soooooooooooo......

Happy Birthday to you
Happy Birthday to you

Happy Birthday, Dear Renewed1
Happy Birthday to you. :love3:

Today's your day of new 'renewed' beginnings, that will last forever.

"He always supplies all of your needs according to His riches in Glory..."

A financial blessing indeed... Thank you Lord Jesus. With all of our hearts, thank you for blessing our sister Renewed1 and for keeping her safe and happy.

In Jesus' Name, Amen and Amein... :love3:

I couldn't defend her post any better. I'm so blessed to hear of Renewed1's financial blessing. She came in and gave God all the Glory. :yay: And blessed everyone who read her post.

I'm just excited :meme: (Ummm, Sis can you tell :look: :lol: ) and your reply just makes it all the more better and easier for her to receive even more from God.

God always looks after His children. Always.
You are such a blessing, Shimmie! I am so honored to know you and that you are my sister!!!

Yes, I can tell you are excited...:lol:..I love it!

Shimmie

Staff member
Shimmie thank you for the encouraging words! You don't know how much I appreciate the encouragement! (hugs)

Thanks to everyone else! It was very unexpected and needed!

I'm so excited and so happy for you... :meme: :woohoo2: :woot:

The 3rd thing I thought of after praising God and thanking Nice & Wavy for her posts, was a new pair of sandals and a new nail color to show off my little toes... :lol:

Girl, you know how I do'.... :reddancer:

$10 Shoe sale -- at DSW and then sit in the Sun for a tan :cool:

Nice & Wavy

I'm so excited and so happy for you... :meme: :woohoo2: :woot:

The 3rd thing I thought of after praising God and thanking @Nice & Wavy for her posts, was a new pair of sandals and a new nail color to show off my little toes... :lol:

Girl, you know how I do'.... :reddancer:

$10 Shoe sale -- at DSW and then sit in the Sun for a tan :cool:
You know I love shoes...:look::grin:

MrsHaseeb

1 Kings 8:22-23 ESV

Then Solomon stood before the altar of the Lord in the presence of all the assembly of Israel and spread out his hands toward heaven, and said, "O Lord , God of Israel, there is no God like you, in heaven above or on earth beneath, keeping covenant and showing steadfast love to your servants who walk before you with all their heart,

It really grinds my gears when I hear Christians saying what God cannot do. They say "God can't save nobody who don't want it or is not trying, their marriage is to far gone God can't do nothing with that, some people depend on God to much, God ain't going to bless them because they did or did not do xyz. I'm like :perplexed? Maybe its just me but I believe God can do anything but fail.

frobellete

It really grinds my gears when I hear Christians saying what God cannot do. They say "God can't save nobody who don't want it or is not trying, their marriage is to far gone God can't do nothing with that, some people depend on God to much, God ain't going to bless them because they did or did not do xyz. I'm like :perplexed? Maybe its just me but I believe God can do anything but fail.

I know what you mean - that annoys me too. God can do anything He is a God of the impossible the only reason some of us arent experiencing the full benefits of being called children of God and heirs of the Father is our faith. simples!

Iwanthealthyhair67

Amen! this is upsetting to me too, we limit God so much and bring him down to our level. The only wise God who is able to do exceedingly abundantly above all that we can ask or think, can do anything!

I need to add that God is a perfect gentleman and will not go against a person's will, if they don't want to be saved he won't force any one to accept him.:yep:

Last edited:

kaykari

Encouragement: And let us not grow weary while doing good, for in due season we shall reap if we do not lose heart. (Galatians 6:9, NKJV)

Laela

Sidestepping the "lynch mob"
RTs from throughout the day....

The Joy of the Lord is my strength, therefore, I fight the good fight of faith. Not fight the devil (Jesus got that). I fight the GOOD FIGHT OF FAITH -- to love, believe and obey God. It's a lifelong commitment that requires discipline.

"You will be most remembered — by what brought you most joy."

Mid-day kicker:
When the devil knocks, let Jesus answer. :yep:

Children don't answer the door, whether Daddy is home or not.

Iwanthealthyhair67

From the Ministry of Encouragement

NOT REMOTE CONTROL

Years ago television didn't have remote controls. To turn the TV on or off, to change the channels, or to adjust the volume, you had to leave the chair, go to the set, and get personally involved. Now through remote controls, your favorite chair is like a distant throne from which you can make your TV do your bidding.

Some people think of Jesus sitting on His heavenly throne and directing His earthly servants from afar. But before He ascended He said to His disciples, "All authority has been given to Me in heaven and on earth." (Matt. 28:18). After commissioning them to go and make disciples of all nations, He assured them, "I am with you always, even to the end of the age" (v.20). British scholar F.F. Bruce puts it this way: " He accompanies His agents. He does not energize them by remote control; He is present with them by His Spirit. They work for Him, but He works in them."

Praise the Lord, the Savior is not only enthroned in heaven, but by God's indwelling Spirit He is also actively at work on earth through His obedient children. As you serve Him today,perhaps in a tough situation, remember, He's not directing you by remote control. By His indwelling presence He is working in your needy world through you.

The Holy Spirit gives us power
To witness far and wide
Equipping us to do God's work
And changing us inside.

Amen! this is upsetting to me too, we limit God so much and bring him down to our level. The only wise God who is able to do exceedingly abundantly above all that we can ask or think, can do anything!

I need to add that God is a perfect gentleman and will not go against a person's will, if they don't want to be saved he won't force any one to accept him.:yep:

Sorry but this is not true. When my Aunt and Uncle married neither of them were saved. My uncle started going to church with a coworker and got saved. My auntie thought he was crazy and apart of a cult. He would beg her to go to church with him, when she went she never felt anything and couldn't wait to leave. My uncle and his church constantly prayed and fasted for her and she was really rude to all of them. When my uncle decided to get baptized he asked her to join him, she said no. So he bribed her. She got baptized and came out the water new. She was a smoker and had a potty mouth before. She never smoked another cigarette in her life. I've never heard her curse. Since that day she was completely on fire for the Lord. She was saved for 43 years before she passed in 2010 and her character and witness was impeachable. Some people she had been witnessing to decided to give their lives to Christ at her funeral.

Something similar happened to me. I had been a surface Christian in my teens and early twenties, as had my dh. In 2007 we had our dd out of wedlock. During that time our relationship of six years started to crumble as did my relationship with all my friends and family except my sister. After our dd we decided to get married although my heart was not in it. I became a very rude, bitter and spiteful person. I started to demand my dh give me a divorce, he refused(he was not cheating or abusive in any way) I became very verbally abusive to him, refused to sleep with him or do anything in the home besides care for dd and myself, although I was a SAHM for nearly 2 years. During this time my sister would tell me I was wrong, I needed to give my lifebto the lord , etc. I would get very upset with her especially when she would pray that God would heal my marriage, I told her to pray I get a hefty divorce settlement or do not pray for me. Well one day I woke up literally and figuratively, I was crying hysterically. It was like I had a new eyes, heart and mind. I saw how distorted my vision had been and how cruel I had been to my dh. I did not have to pray or ask God to give me new life and a clean heart it was already done. I called my sister in tears telling her what had happened and she started shouting and speaking in tongues. She said I just didn't know how long she, my bil and my dh had been praying and fasting for this. I said my dh was praying and fasting ( I had never in 10 years seen him pray or even mention the word fast, though I had noticed him reading the Bible and going to church)? She said not only that they anointed our house and my possessions and dh anointed me while I slept. I could go on but I'll just say that I am living proof that prayer works. If the faith of a mustard seed can move mountains certainly it can save lives. I don't know why God decided to come into my heart and make me new, but I am glad that he is God enough to do it. If my dh or sister would have gave up and said there is nothing we can do she isn't ready or doesn't want it I would still be in the darkness. But because the prayed without seizing and trusted God to do the impossible, I have been changed, made new and filled with the spirit and I'm never turning back.

Sorry so long. I just wanted to share this for anyone who may need it. I asked my dh how or why he was so kind to me while I was treating him like garbage? I told him that I used to get so upset that I couldn't get a reaction from him and used to think he must have the lowest self esteem possible, which made me despise him more. He told me God revealed to him that his vows were not just with me but God and he should not make himself a liar just because I was. He said he is commanded by God to love me as Christ loved the church not as the church loves Christ.

Again sorry so long and for any typos ( on my ipad). Just had to share because he has been to good to me!

Iwanthealthyhair67

Sorry but this is not true. When my Aunt and Uncle married neither of them were saved. My uncle started going to church with a coworker and got saved. My auntie thought he was crazy and apart of a cult. He would beg her to go to church with him, when she went she never felt anything and couldn't wait to leave. My uncle and his church constantly prayed and fasted for her and she was really rude to all of them. When my uncle decided to get baptized he asked her to join him, she said no. So he bribed her. She got baptized and came out the water new. She was a smoker and had a potty mouth before. She never smoked another cigarette in her life. I've never heard her curse. Since that day she was completely on fire for the Lord. She was saved for 43 years before she passed in 2010 and her character and witness was impeachable. Some people she had been witnessing to decided to give their lives to Christ at her funeral.

Something similar happened to me. I had been a surface Christian in my teens and early twenties, as had my dh. In 2007 we had our dd out of wedlock. During that time our relationship of six years started to crumble as did my relationship with all my friends and family except my sister. After our dd we decided to get married although my heart was not in it. I became a very rude, bitter and spiteful person. I started to demand my dh give me a divorce, he refused(he was not cheating or abusive in any way) I became very verbally abusive to him, refused to sleep with him or do anything in the home besides care for dd and myself, although I was a SAHM for nearly 2 years. During this time my sister would tell me I was wrong, I needed to give my lifebto the lord , etc. I would get very upset with her especially when she would pray that God would heal my marriage, I told her to pray I get a hefty divorce settlement or do not pray for me. Well one day I woke up literally and figuratively, I was crying hysterically. It was like I had a new eyes, heart and mind. I saw how distorted my vision had been and how cruel I had been to my dh. I did not have to pray or ask God to give me new life and a clean heart it was already done. I called my sister in tears telling her what had happened and she started shouting and speaking in tongues. She said I just didn't know how long she, my bil and my dh had been praying and fasting for this. I said my dh was praying and fasting ( I had never in 10 years seen him pray or even mention the word fast, though I had noticed him reading the Bible and going to church)? She said not only that they anointed our house and my possessions and dh anointed me while I slept. I could go on but I'll just say that I am living proof that prayer works. If the faith of a mustard seed can move mountains certainly it can save lives. I don't know why God decided to come into my heart and make me new, but I am glad that he is God enough to do it. If my dh or sister would have gave up and said there is nothing we can do she isn't ready or doesn't want it I would still be in the darkness. But because the prayed without seizing and trusted God to do the impossible, I have been changed, made new and filled with the spirit and I'm never turning back.

Sorry so long. I just wanted to share this for anyone who may need it. I asked my dh how or why he was so kind to me while I was treating him like garbage? I told him that I used to get so upset that I couldn't get a reaction from him and used to think he must have the lowest self esteem possible, which made me despise him more. He told me God revealed to him that his vows were not just with me but God and he should not make himself a liar just because I was. He said he is commanded by God to love me as Christ loved the church not as the church loves Christ.

Again sorry so long and for any typos ( on my ipad). Just had to share because he has been to good to me!

I respectfully maintain that God does not go against our will, He does not 'trick' people into getting saved. If this were true then all he would have to do is go against the will of every man and save the whole world so that none would be lost.

I will not try and diminish yours and your aunts experiences...you did say in both cases that the saints fasted and prayed, the word says that the prayers of a righteous man availeth much!

MrsHaseeb

I respectfully maintain that God does not go against our will, He does not 'trick' people into getting saved. If this were true then all he would have to do is go against the will of every man and save the whole world so that none would be lost.

I will not try and diminish yours and your aunts experiences...you did say in both cases that the saints fasted and prayed, the word says that the prayers of a righteous man availeth much!

Prayer is indeed what makes the difference. Intercession is a powerful thing.