The Surfer (Devotional)

PinkPebbles

This devotional has truly blessed me and I wanted to share!

The Surfer...by Hayley DiMarco

You get closer to Jesus in the tough times, not the good times. That’s when you learn who he is and what he can do to save you.

For a weak swimmer who doesn’t understand the currents and the crashing waves, the surf is a scary thing to go into – deadly, even. But to the surfer who knows the waves and loves riding them, they are nothing to fear. Just like a surfer riding a wave that might destroy an ordinary person, you have to learn to look at the waves of your life, the tough times and hard relationships, as something to go through and not to fear. You are overwhelmingly victorious because of who he is, and not just in the easy things, but in all things. In the hard things of life you can find not only his hand but the strength of your faith. Don’t panic when the waves come; just see them as something you’ve got to ride on and go through in order to find the good part of life.

Nothing can separate you from the love of God, except when you yourself let it. So hold on tight, keep your eyes on the Father, and enjoy the water.

Psalm 46

1 God is our refuge and strength,
an ever-present help in trouble.
2 Therefore we will not fear, though the earth give way
and the mountains fall into the heart of the sea,
3 though its waters roar and foam
and the mountains quake with their surging.[c]

4 There is a river whose streams make glad the city of God,
the holy place where the Most High dwells.
5 God is within her, she will not fall;
God will help her at break of day.
6 Nations are in uproar, kingdoms fall;
he lifts his voice, the earth melts.
7 The LORD Almighty is with us;
the God of Jacob is our fortress.
8 Come and see what the LORD has done,
the desolations he has brought on the earth.
9 He makes wars cease
to the ends of the earth.
He breaks the bow and shatters the spear;
he burns the shields[d] with fire.
10 He says, “Be still, and know that I am God;
I will be exalted among the nations,
I will be exalted in the earth.” 11 The LORD Almighty is with us;
the God of Jacob is our fortress.

Laela

Sidestepping the "lynch mob"

Laela

Sidestepping the "lynch mob"
don't mean to alarm you PinkPebbles.. LOL

But the thought of sharks in the waves came to mind...when I re-read that Word. Even the most adept surfers know sharks are in the water and the waves won't stop them. No rhyme or reason...the pic says it all. God bless.

PinkPebbles

don't mean to alarm you PinkPebbles.. LOL

But the thought of sharks in the waves came to mind...when I re-read that Word. Even the most adept surfers know sharks are in the water and the waves won't stop them. No rhyme or reason...the pic says it all. God bless.

Yes...there will be sharks...:yep: