2013 - Christian Random Thoughts Thread

momi

Isaiah 45:5-7 KJV
I am the Lord , and there is none else, there is no God beside me: I girded thee, though thou hast not known me: [6] That they may know from the rising of the sun, and from the west, that there is none beside me. I am the Lord , and there is none else. [7] I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the Lord do all these things .

You know what I love about the Lord? He is God and he makes no apologies for it. He will not bow down to our expectations, we must live up to His. Jesus I love you for being completely sovereign. Hallelujah!

After reading through momi's thread yesterday regarding the president I saw the depths of Satan's power over the minds of people. She was 100% right but the blinded minds just could not see it.... God is still sovereign and nothing happens without His authority as King! He is simply giving the people over to what they want. We cant try to take all the good God offers yet leave out His holy and righteous judgement.

"He will not bow down to our expectations but we must live up to His"...

Amen Sis. and His commands are not burdensome. You are right - I guess people do want all of His blessings and to "identify" with the Christian title but nothing more outside of that.

Thanks for sharing the scripture as well...

momi

Girl, those people sit over there in the OT all day and post garbage....Garbage in...garbage out. They love everything that is perverted and unholy. They live for sexual immorality and everything else that God hates.

They love strife and contention and they thrive for it so when anyone of us post over there, they can't stand the light and want us to come back here in the CF...as if this is the only place we are suppose to be. Girl....:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:
Their lives are filled with vitirol and sour grapes. Their mouths are filled with all types of death and destruction...to themselves. They talk about those that are true Christ Followers, but they don't understand that things for us are great because we have Jesus in our hearts and our lives belong to Him...it's them that have to be afraid of what the enemy is going to do to them....satan already have them in the palm of his hands....they are nothing but puppets in a world filled with sin and death.

If I weren't who I am in Christ...I would say "Lord....let them all die in their sins." But, I have to remember who lives in me...but, it doesn't mean I don't have feelings...I do. I choose not to say anything in that thread because I refuse to give my pearls to swine...yeah I said it.

ETA:
"Do not give what is holy to dogs, and do not throw pearls before swine, lest they trample them under their feet, and turn and tear you to pieces." (Matthew 7:6).

In other words:
"Do not persist in offering what is sacred or of value to those who have no appreciation for it, because your gift will not only become contaminated and be despised, your generous efforts could also be rebuffed and perhaps even openly attacked."

ETAA:
I know not everyone is going to agree with my post...I really don't care. This is how I am feeling and I don't feel like being mushy today.

Let me have my day.

Thank you.

Sis Wavy I'm with you. As Christ told the church in Revelations at some point we have to "strengthen what remains."

momi

Oh you can say that again. I admire momi because she does not care!

Thanks Sweetvi :)

Girl don't admire me - lol. To God be the glory because His word stands alone precept upon precept! I actually should be much more gracious... Smh.

momi

I admire her as well..but she better than me cause I just can't be that nice to those heathens.:nono:

LOL! God is so faithful. I'm over there talking about something I really probably should have left alone admittedly - but it had nothing at all to do with scripture. Less than a few replies in it turned into a debate on Christianity. I have noticed that with others that regularly post in the CF as well - do you think that it may be conviction? At least we know that they visit the CF - lol

momi

I can't wait for my subscription to be up....this place is no longer a place to post safely...too much is being allowed and rules are being broken everyday and no one says a word.

If I wanted to be in a forum like this, I could have went to lipstickalley for free....:nono:

How can a christian accept this garbage?

No Wavy I don't think so. I'm going to sell some chicken dinners for your 6.50 and pay it anonymously. LOL

Nice & Wavy

You know how I feel about that...sad day.
:kiss: love you, sis.

Sis Wavy I'm with you. As Christ told the church in Revelations at some point we have to "strengthen what remains."
Amen, sis. I thank the Lord everyday for his mercy and His grace in my life.

LOL! God is so faithful. I'm over there talking about something I really probably should have left alone admittedly - but it had nothing at all to do with scripture. Less than a few replies in it turned into a debate on Christianity. I have noticed that with others that regularly post in the CF as well - do you think that it may be conviction? At least we know that they visit the CF - lol
I have deleted this part of my post because I feel as though I was judging some of them and that isn't right. I honestly have been very upset these past few days reading some of the stuff on this forum and because of it, I made this post out of anger. I was wrong and I have repented for making this post.

No Wavy I don't think so. I'm going to sell some chicken dinners for your 6.50 and pay it anonymously. LOL
Oh no.....:lol:, don't do that...please don't.:lol:

Last edited:

luthiengirlie

i FELT LED TO SAY THIS.. I posted this over t here and here..
concerning the gay issue.. I felt YHWH put this on my heart :as Believers * I am messianic* but as Believers.. this is an issue between this nation and the Most High..w e are to live set apart lives.. not violently debate folks.. folks have made their spiritual decisions.. and they have chosen.. maybe subconsciously to reap the price of their decisions.... and.... it's between them and the Most High.. the battle ain't ours... im not saying condone and allow it.. I'm saying love folks and live set apart.. they have chosen their path..sad to say but they have..

luthiengirlie

I have a gay family member..... and I love her.. she is my family... i have told her I disagree with gay marriage.... she knows this she understands this.. yet she has not jumped me for it.. so I don't know why folks cant have the same sense of maturity about dissent.

MrsHaseeb

I have a gay family member..... and I love her.. she is my family... i have told her I disagree with gay marriage.... she knows this she understands this.. yet she has not jumped me for it.. so I don't know why folks cant have the same sense of maturity about dissent.

There is a spiritual force behind it trying to make the Christian bow down and shut up.

sweetvi

I'm really surprised at how LAX the mods have become...... Years ago, these threads would not make it past Page two.

Time is near.. Time is near. SMH

Nice & Wavy

I'm really surprised at how LAX the mods have become...... Years ago, these threads would not make it past Page two.

You said it girl....:nono:. Like I said up-post, this place is no longer a place to post safely. There are young teens on this forum yet they are allowed to read the garbage there. They mentioned Shimmie more than once and talked about her like she doesn't exist, and yet...nothing. I thought the rules were you weren't allowed to mention members names in posts, especially inflammatory posts like those.

Shame...shame on them.:naughty:

Divine.

Wow that thread was a beast! I couldn't even get myself to post in it because I did not want to put myself in position where my beliefs could be attacked or questioned. That thread is a very good example of why you shouldn't quarrel with unbelievers. If they don't believe, then just let them be. I have no authority to pass judgement so I just keep my thoughts to myself.

I didn't realize how many people weren't Christians until today. I knew they were out there, but it made me so sad to see that so many people don't believe in our savior! Now I understand why Jesus longs for our hearts so much. If anything that thread made me appreciate my relationship with Christ so much more.

I don't even feel comfortable posting in other boards anymore because all it takes is a quick post history search and everything you ever said will be thrown against you. For any of the ladies who might have participated in that thread, just remember every person is not going to believe in our God, our beliefs, and what has been written. We cannot place those expectations on people. Only Jesus can come to the unbeliever.

Nice & Wavy

Wow that thread was a beast! I couldn't even get myself to post in it because I did not want to put myself in position where my beliefs could be attacked or questioned. That thread is a very good example of why you shouldn't quarrel with unbelievers. If they don't believe, then just let them be. I have no authority to pass judgement so I just keep my thoughts to myself.

I didn't realize how many people weren't Christians until today. I knew they were out there, but it made me so sad to see that so many people don't believe in our savior! Now I understand why Jesus longs for our hearts so much. If anything that thread made me appreciate my relationship with Christ so much more.

I don't even feel comfortable posting in other boards anymore because all it takes is a quick post history search and everything you ever said will be thrown against you. For any of the ladies who might have participated in that thread, just remember every person is not going to believe in our God, our beliefs, and what has been written. We cannot place those expectations on people. Only Jesus can come to the unbeliever.
You said it! I didn't post either...just a waste of time...:nono:

Now, some of them that posted in that thread say they are believers...but, their actions there say something else. $6.50 pays for ALL the forums, not just the CF. It's unfair that members would tell other members where they need to post. If that's the case, then the fee to post on the LHCF should be less for those who will just post in the CF.

I am a Christian...I am not a doormat, and neither are any other Christians on this forum. To say some of the things to us as members like some do there shouldn't be tolerated. It's bullying....plain and simple.

I do appreciate your post though and its very much appreciated by me and I will take your post to heart...:love3:

Divine.

You said it! I didn't post either...just a waste of time...:nono:

Now, some of them that posted in that thread say they are believers...but, their actions there say something else. $6.50 pays for ALL the forums, not just the CF. It's unfair that members would tell other members where they need to post. If that's the case, then the fee to post on the LHCF should be less for those who will just post in the CF.

I am a Christian...I am not a doormat, and neither are any other Christians on this forum. To say some of the things to us as members like some do there shouldn't be tolerated. It's bullying....plain and simple.

I do appreciate your post though and its very much appreciated by me and I will take your post to heart...:love3:

This! I didn't actually sit and read through all the posts but after a few all I could think was This is why people don't take Christians seriously. Not to say that anyone was wrong for voicing their opinions, but some battles just aren't worth it.

I don't think it's fair the way Christians get targeted either. It's a Christian forum, yet we can't voice our opinions based on Christianity principles :perplexed I'm sure most will say we're asking for it but I don't think that's the case at all. It's not fair that our thoughts and feelings are dismissed because of our beliefs. Everyone is not going to agree all the time! But belittling my God? :nono: I can't get with that. No one else's religion (or lack there of) gets targeted except for us.

I'm thankful the Christian Forum is here because you ladies have been keeping me grounded!

momi

You have echoed my thoughts exactly... when did the forum become so "anti-christ?" Maybe it is just more of the active members that have bullied others into silence...

Honestly, I used to like the forum because I enjoy discussing current events and hearing others perspectives on issues... but now the obvious hatred toward God and His Word?

momi

You said it girl....:nono:. Like I said up-post, this place is no longer a place to post safely. There are young teens on this forum yet they are allowed to read the garbage there. They mentioned Shimmie more than once and talked about her like she doesn't exist, and yet...nothing. I thought the rules were you weren't allowed to mention members names in posts, especially inflammatory posts like those.

Shame...shame on them.:naughty:

:nono::nono::nono:

I couldn't believe what I was reading (they called me some type of name too)... but we are the ones accused of being intolerant and bigots. For the time I remain here I will do us all a favor and not start participate in threads that are so controversial. :blush:

As for the CF persecution - it's nothing compared to what the early Christians suffered. What, then, shall we say in response to these things? If God is for us, who can be against us? Romans 8:31

Nice & Wavy

:nono::nono::nono:

I couldn't believe what I was reading (they called me some type of name too)... but we are the ones accused of being intolerant and bigots. For the time I remain here I will do us all a favor and not start participate in threads that are so controversial. :blush:

As for the CF persecution - it's nothing compared to what the early Christians suffered. What, then, shall we say in response to these things? If God is for us, who can be against us? Romans 8:31
They called you names too...I can't even repeat here. I just read through all of that thread and you know what....you did good posting that thread there and you didn't mention Christianity at all, yet because people on the forum know you are a Christian, they tried to lambast you and then say to you that you are the one who started it (bible bashing.) It reminds me of a man who hits a woman, then turns around and tells her he only did it because he loves her....:perplexed.

Persecution is going to happen...that's a given. But, this place is not only for ministry for us, but a place where we can come to and participate in other topics as well. To tell us that we must stay over here in CF is ignorant...knowing full well we ain't (yes I said ain't:lol:) gonna do that so, they are going to have to get over it.

You have echoed my thoughts exactly... when did the forum become so "anti-christ?" Maybe it is just more of the active members that have bullied others into silence...

Honestly, I used to like the forum because I enjoy discussing current events and hearing others perspectives on issues... but now the obvious hatred toward God and His Word?
Anytime doors are left open, bugs..lizards...crickets...mice...palmetto's :)lol:y'all can tell I'm in Florida) will walk right in and take over. We must make sure that the doors stay closed so that we aren't infiltrated with things that don't belong. But...that must be the owner of the doors responsibility...:yep:

If we as the Christians on the forum leave here and go somewhere else..this place will no longer be the same. :yep:

This! I didn't actually sit and read through all the posts but after a few all I could think was This is why people don't take Christians seriously. Not to say that anyone was wrong for voicing their opinions, but some battles just aren't worth it.

I don't think it's fair the way Christians get targeted either. It's a Christian forum, yet we can't voice our opinions based on Christianity principles :perplexed I'm sure most will say we're asking for it but I don't think that's the case at all. It's not fair that our thoughts and feelings are dismissed because of our beliefs. Everyone is not going to agree all the time! But belittling my God? :nono: I can't get with that. No one else's religion (or lack there of) gets targeted except for us.

I'm thankful the Christian Forum is here because you ladies have been keeping me grounded!
I am thankful you are here....:love2:

I think those that are christians who posted there have that right...no matter if some think its right or wrong. There will always be those who will oppose the Word of God, because that's what they are hating...its not really the people, but who the people represent and His name is Jesus.

Anyone that says that Jesus will marry gays with no problem is :spinning::spinning::spinning: and they say we are mental? :lol:

There are those who say they are christians, yet hold on to beliefs that is totally contrary to God's Word. There are some who will say something to them and when they do, they are hateful....this is backwards to me, literally...:nono:

Last edited:

luthiengirlie

I really wa snt trying to be snarky but its like.. Sighs they don't have a clue and the y LOVE that state of being.. I am not always so kind.. Let eme stay there

Maracujá

November 2020 --> 14 years natural!!!
Can someone help me understand Matthews 19:1-12 better, I'm having trouble with the last part especially where Jesus responds. TIA

Nice Lady

Take your dreams and the promises God has put in your heart, and every day declare that they will come to pass. - Joel Osteen

Iwanthealthyhair67

Can someone help me understand Matthews 19:1-12 better, I'm having trouble with the last part especially where Jesus responds. TIA

I like the KJV, but I would normally parallel with God's Word Translation (GWT) or the amplified.

GWT
10The disciples said to him, "If that is the only reason a man can use to divorce his wife, it's better not to get married." 11He answered them, "Not everyone can do what you suggest. Only those who have that gift can. 12For example, some men are celibate because they were born that way. Others are celibate because they were castrated. Still others have decided to be celibate because of the kingdom of heaven. If anyone can do what you've suggested, then he should do it."

HTH

MrsHaseeb

Ephesians 2:8-10 NLT

God saved you by his grace when you believed. And you can’t take credit for this; it is a gift from God. Salvation is not a reward for the good things we have done, so none of us can boast about it. For we are God’s masterpiece. He has created us anew in Christ Jesus, so we can do the good things he planned for us long ago.

Nice Lady

I don't believe we are supposed to go through life defeated and not having enough money to pay our bills or send our kids to college. - Joel Osteen