2012 - Christian Random Thoughts Thread

sidney

Galatians 2:20

My old self has been crucified with Christ. It is no longer I who live, but Christ lives in me. So I live in this earthly body by trusting in the Son of God, who loved me and gave himself for me.

If Christ lives in you, you can't just "DO YOU", you must "DO JESUS", when you give yourself completely away there is no more you, only Jesus ..

If "you" (me and I) still up in the mix it, means you are not dying to self...

This right here!!! I love this scripture. Thanks for ministering to me today!

sidney

I hope this post makes sense, because I haven't fully developed my thoughts on the following:

Ok, I am still trying to figure out how a Christian is supposed to act like on a daily basis. I find myself judging myself constantly. Like I have an idea in my head of what we should look like, saintly, humble, sort of non-descript, very serious....I don't know if I am articulating it well. I know it comes from y upbringing and what I have been taught about Christians. I am working against that "story," I guess.

I am still trying to get used to the idea of a Christian being a colorful, fun loving, jovial person. I know, I know, but it's true. Those personality traits aren't what I normally think about Christians.....

I am still trying to define the parameters of my own behavior, I think that's why I feel so unsure.....I don't know...just thoughts

If you are quirky, be quirky. If you are funny, be funny. Christian's are not cut from a certain mold. There is really no way to be, except to demonstrate lovingkindness as you have stated. We are just regular people that happen to be saved.

Iwanthealthyhair67

If you are constantly feeling discontent on this walk then it's time to check yourself, there is no fault or failure in God...His ways are pure, free and higher than ours it does not cause regret...

aribell

formerly nicola.kirwan
The Lord was amazing today. Walking after Jesus is truly an adventure, and tonight proved that well. Of course, however, Satan showed up to steal the joy, peace and love and seed of the Gospel that abounded. But I pray in Jesus' name that his devices would come to nothing and fail at every point.

Last edited:

Laela

Sidestepping the "lynch mob"
There are times God's Love is expressed to us through the very people we least expect; we must receive It, and bless them...both being in obedience to the Spirit of God.

crlsweetie912

I had someone at church yesterday sow a seed into me that was so unexpected....lately with everything going on in my life I have felt like an utter and complete failure and disappointment to God....What this person said wasn't really earthshattering in any normal way, but it hit my heart and core. I have to find a way to do the things I believe I was called to do.....:pray:
And I have to trust and believe that God would not call me to do something, that he has not made ways for me to accomplish.

sidney

I had someone at church yesterday sow a seed into me that was so unexpected....lately with everything going on in my life I have felt like an utter and complete failure and disappointment to God....What this person said wasn't really earthshattering in any normal way, but it hit my heart and core. I have to find a way to do the things I believe I was called to do.....:pray:
And I have to trust and believe that God would not call me to do something, that he has not made ways for me to accomplish.

You are not a failure! We will never arrive to the place were we do everything right, even Paul said he hadn't arrived...even with all his wisdm and knowlege...but he pressed on. God is just looking for a heart after him! The fact that you wrote this shows that you desire to please him. Whatever she said, grow from it and keep moving!

crlsweetie912

You are not a failure! We will never arrive to the place were we do everything right, even Paul said he hadn't arrived...even with all his wisdm and knowlege...but he pressed on. God is just looking for a heart after him! The fact that you wrote this shows that you desire to please him. Whatever she said, grow from it and keep moving!

Thank you for the encouragement!

LovelyRo

There's a cleansing going on right now... It's surely putting me in a weird situation but, I'm keeping the faith! We will survive this!

LoveisYou

I am finally learning the lesson, all this time instead of complaining, I could have simply asked for the lesson! God you are so good, what a lesson in trusting You, what a lesson! Did I forget who You are? Did I not know "the testing of your faith leads to patience," and did I not ask you to teach me how to be patient? Did I forget that ALL things work together for good for those who love the Lord and are called according to His purpose. Even the trials Lord, even the trials!!!! Thank you so much for the lessons!

If God be God - someone posted that verse in the forum (I think it was @Shimmie) and I am beginning to really see the power behind it, If God be God. Praise God.

DreamLife

Deadlines are approaching and I need direction from God on these decisions... Trying to wait patiently but my mind is racing... I need to be still and know He is God.

Nice & Wavy

No plug at anyone, just thought this was an interesting look at a "what if?"

Laela

Sidestepping the "lynch mob"
I was admonished this morning by two radio clips that had the same message... back to back: Mirror Christ... my cup of Grace from Him is only as big as the cup of Grace I have for others. I was wrong ... He let me know that, firm but gentle and for that I am grateful.

aribell

formerly nicola.kirwan
"Like a sparrow in its flitting, like a swallow in its flying, a curse that is causeless does not alight." Proverbs 26:2

There is always a reason for the curse that comes. It behooves us to find it and root it out of our lives.