2012 - Christian Random Thoughts Thread

aribell

formerly nicola.kirwan
I don't think God recognizes any distinction between sacred and "secular". The whole earth is His and the fullness thereof. People, organizations, and societies either act in line with His will and ways, or they don't. What is labelled sacred can be more of an affront to Him than that which is labeled secular. Most of the times when Jesus was talking about the "world" hating His followers, He was referring to the religious leaders of the day rather than simply those who aren't His disciples.

Lissa0821

I was discouraged and relieved today, I have been praying about my car situation as it failed the most recent emission test. I took it to the shop with the intention of only spending $300. Well, needless to say the repairs needed is in the thousands. I was discouraged for a moment because I have to start the process again. I was relieved because I realized that while I was praying for another car, there was a little bit fear that I would end up with a jacked up car which I did......

I talked to God about it and I said Lord, I had peace about this car when I brought it, so what happened. He said to me, you have more faith in the money you had in your hand than faith in your heart that I would work this out for you.

It was a hard statement but it set me free. I love God so much because I feel like He has given me a second chance to get it right and truly trust Him for his Best concerning my car situation.

God loves me this I know that I know.

Shimmie

"God is the Only Truth -- Period"
Staff member
I was discouraged and relieved today, I have been praying about my car situation as it failed the most recent emission test. I took it to the shop with the intention of only spending $300. Well, needless to say the repairs needed is in the thousands. I was discouraged for a moment because I have to start the process again. I was relieved because I realized that while I was praying for another car, there was a little bit fear that I would end up with a jacked up car which I did......

I talked to God about it and I said Lord, I had peace about this car when I brought it, so what happened. He said to me, you have more faith in the money you had in your hand than faith in your heart that I would work this out for you.

It was a hard statement but it set me free. I love God so much because I feel like He has given me a second chance to get it right and truly trust Him for his Best concerning my car situation.

God loves me this I know that I know.

He surely does... Yes indeed He does...love you. :love2:

Nice & Wavy

Just want to say that it is so nice to see all the new names/members coming into the Christian Forum. :love2:

Welcome!!!

Have a great day ladies!

N&W

sidney

I don't think God recognizes any distinction between sacred and "secular". The whole earth is His and the fullness thereof. People, organizations, and societies either act in line with His will and ways, or they don't. What is labelled sacred can be more of an affront to Him than that which is labeled secular. Most of the times when Jesus was talking about the "world" hating His followers, He was referring to the religious leaders of the day rather than simply those who aren't His disciples.

true, I was just reading yesterday about all the religious ceremonies, offerings, and even prayers that God said he was weary of enduring :perplexedobecause the people's hearts were not right! You are right, either they are in line with his ways or they are not. I'm not too sure about the disctinction either. Lemme see if i can find it...It's Isaiah 1:10-17.

Renewed1

I see things unfolding around me and even though, it affects me, I for some strange reason feel detach from everything. It's all a little surreal.

But I'm going to trust God. Back to packing...

LifeafterLHCF

I sometimes wonder what is the point of prayer.I mean I know it allows you to communicate with God or your suppose to be able to anyway.But even when you pray things are going to happen regardless.Like I have wanted a better job for a long time to me no amount of prayer helped.However staying with the job search and really tweaking my approach and resume did.Now I could possible attribute having the focus and perspective change from prayer.Many believe oh just prayer it will fix it and I beg to differ.Prayer just changes perspective it takes actually work or doing the things from the perspective change for things to happen.

I'm still lurking here but still shake my head at this bc its sad.I hope to never become too gone in religion to lose my ability to really connect with people.I believe alot of people here included do alot of ritualistic things in christianity that put me off.We say things like Im blessed and highly favored so empty like that's the business.Or we wear certain things or we have the bumper stickers the church rhinestone out suits with the matching hat ,purse and shoes.However those in the world who are really hurting are being overlooked and just out there.I see now when I was in my darkest time why people just leave you bc they were never there I think now after the issue with the teen girls I was helping I may become the person who won't help but only to those who seem special to me or are really trying..I don't want to be the fake churchy chick I want to be the real raw Christian warrior I guess that why my mom named me Christian..

Last edited:

DreamLife

Praying for peace tonight...I have been listening to some of Shane and Shane's music, Grace is Sufficient and Beauty for Ashes and their music is awesome. I pray that tomorrow I am able to do my best, even though I am sad because I keep missing church because of my schedule I can still glorify God at work. I am tired, God please strengthen me and allow me to do what I need to do this week.

Shimmie

Staff member
This vid is awesome..just had to share!

Even Eagles Need a Push

Quoting the Video's Message...

"Why does the thrill of Soaring have to begin with the fear of falling?"

Wow! An Impact Statement... :yep:

I cannot count the number of fears I've had of falling. Yet, I was 'pushed' for my own good.

And I flew... :yep: Every round and brown pound of me.... I flew for there was nothing else left for me to do; so I flew. :yep:

I was able to mount up with wings as eagles.

When my wings were tired, I had a cloud for a pillow to sleep on :sleep2:

Last edited:

Iwanthealthyhair67

what I can never understand is how we can have so much passion and energy for everyhting but Jesus..take any sport, football basketball were loud and festive, we sing dance stomp our feet clap our hands do the wave even argue...but when we get in church nothing and when we see others worshipping God we think they are crazy God is not a solemn God...

BrandNew

Loc'd up and loving it!
Moderated service this morning for the first time. I was sooo nervous but it went well. All the glory belongs to You Lord!

sweetypoo705

Father im praying for guidance and grace. As I make plans to to relocate and start my life somewhere new. I pray you watch over me and let your will be done for my son and I. Starting over is a hard task but I kno in my spirit I am ready to move on and see what life has to offer.
I pray you and your son are well and that the Lord is blessing you both as you let Him lead and guide you in His perfect Peace.:)

Nice & Wavy

Apparently, this happened on TAM airlines....

A 50-something year old white woman arrived at her seat and saw that the passenger next to her was a black man.

Visibly furious, she called the air hostess.

"What's the problem, ma'am?" the hostess asked her

"Can't you see?" the lady said - "I was given a seat next to a black man. I can't seat here next to him. You have to change my seat"

- "Please, calm down, ma'am" - said the hostess
"Unfortunately, all the seats are occupied, but I'm still going to check if we have any."

The hostess left and returned some minutes later.

"Madam, as I told you, there isn't any empty seat in this class- economy class. But I spoke to the captain and he confirmed that there isn't any empty seats in the economy class. We only have seats in the first class."

And before the woman said anything, the hostess continued "Look, it is unusual for our company to allow a passenger from the economy class change to the first class. However, given the circumstances, the commander thinks that it would be a scandal to make a passenger travel sit next to an unpleasant person."

And turning to the black man, the hostess said:

"Which means, Sir, if you would be so nice to pack your handbag, we have reserved you a seat in the first class..."

And all the passengers nearby, who were shocked to see the scene started applauding, some standing on their feet."

aribell

formerly nicola.kirwan
true, I was just reading yesterday about all the religious ceremonies, offerings, and even prayers that God said he was weary of enduring :perplexedobecause the people's hearts were not right! You are right, either they are in line with his ways or they are not. I'm not too sure about the disctinction either. Lemme see if i can find it...It's Isaiah 1:10-17.

In Isaiah 58, the Lord talks about how the Israelites they loved to fast, to pray, and to inquire of God, but they couldn't figure out why He wasn't moving on their behalf. And verse 6 and onward speaks of Him seeking a fast of the heart and righteousness of heart and mainly acts of service and compassion toward those around us.

That chapter is worth reading over and over. When Christians speak of seeking God, we tend to speak of going to church, praying more, attending a Bible study. All well and good. But in that chapter, the Lord speaks about feeding the hungry, advocating for the oppressed and helping the homeless. Those are things which reveal how much love is really in our hearts rather than just what we want God to do on our behalf.

Last edited:

Iwanthealthyhair67

only the things that can not be shaken will remain,

are you easily shaken, you know easily affected by the people and things around you, waiver when things don't go as you think they should..

It is not too late to grip the Solid Rock, all other ground is shifting sand...

Laela

Sidestepping the "lynch mob"
It's good to know if I want more Grace, I can ask Him for more....

2 Corin 9:7
Every man according as he purposeth in his heart, so let him give; not grudgingly, or of necessity: for God loveth a cheerful giver.

Be it my time, money, material things, for my Father is a God of Purpose.
Amein~

crlsweetie912

Hmmm, I was basically just told that I was "working below my potential"....don't know how to take that....I will be in prayer about it. Been in this holding pattern too long. I need to make some moves.

TraciChanel

In Isaiah 58, the Lord talks about how the Israelites they loved to fast, to pray, and to inquire of God, but they couldn't figure out why He wasn't moving on their behalf. And verse 6 and onward speaks of Him seeking a fast of the heart and righteousness of heart and mainly acts of service and compassion toward those around us.

That chapter is worth reading over and over. When Christians speak of seeking God, we tend to speak of going to church, praying more, attending a Bible study. All well and good. But in that chapter, the Lord speaks about feeding the hungry, advocating for the oppressed and helping the homeless. Those are things which reveal how much love is really in our hearts rather than just what we want God to do on our behalf.[/QUOTE]

nicola.kirwan, So true. I totally agree with you. When you read about Jesus in the bible, that was a constant theme: feed and clothe the hungry, take care of widows. He said it over and over again. But, in my experience, even today that message is put on the back burner. I have been convicted to give in that capacity, and in my opinion, that is a part of obedience to God. Thank you so much for bringing up that topic!

Laela

Take Comfort in knowing God the Father has already sealed your identity and Jesus calls you Friend. Man's perceptions, labels, names, etc., can't stick... rolls off your back like water on a duck. :yep:

John 15:
9 “As the Father has loved me, so have I loved you. Now remain in my love. 10 If you keep my commands, you will remain in my love, just as I have kept my Father’s commands and remain in his love. 11 I have told you this so that my joy may be in you and that your joy may be complete. 12 My command is this: Love each other as I have loved you. 13 Greater love has no one than this: to lay down one’s life for one’s friends. 14 You are my friends if you do what I command. 15 I no longer call you servants, because a servant does not know his master’s business. Instead, I have called you friends, for everything that I learned from my Father I have made known to you. 16 You did not choose me, but I chose you and appointed you so that you might go and bear fruit—fruit that will last—and so that whatever you ask in my name the Father will give you. 17 This is my command: Love each other.

Hmmm, I was basically just told that I was "working below my potential"....don't know how to take that....I will be in prayer about it. Been in this holding pattern too long. I need to make some moves.

crlsweetie912

Take Comfort in knowing God the Father has already sealed your identity and Jesus calls you Friend. Man's perceptions, labels, names, etc., can't stick... rolls off your back like water on a duck. :yep:

John 15:
9 “As the Father has loved me, so have I loved you. Now remain in my love. 10 If you keep my commands, you will remain in my love, just as I have kept my Father’s commands and remain in his love. 11 I have told you this so that my joy may be in you and that your joy may be complete. 12 My command is this: Love each other as I have loved you. 13 Greater love has no one than this: to lay down one’s life for one’s friends. 14 You are my friends if you do what I command. 15 I no longer call you servants, because a servant does not know his master’s business. Instead, I have called you friends, for everything that I learned from my Father I have made known to you. 16 You did not choose me, but I chose you and appointed you so that you might go and bear fruit—fruit that will last—and so that whatever you ask in my name the Father will give you. 17 This is my command: Love each other.
At the bolded...it wasn't said in a bad way.....It's hard to explain. I am an assistant to a Director, and basically the person was saying that I could be a lot more than that.....I guess I'm explaining it right, but I totally took it as a compliment.

Shimmie

Staff member
Apparently, this happened on TAM airlines....

A 50-something year old white woman arrived at her seat and saw that the passenger next to her was a black man.

Visibly furious, she called the air hostess.

"What's the problem, ma'am?" the hostess asked her

"Can't you see?" the lady said - "I was given a seat next to a black man. I can't seat here next to him. You have to change my seat"

- "Please, calm down, ma'am" - said the hostess
"Unfortunately, all the seats are occupied, but I'm still going to check if we have any."

The hostess left and returned some minutes later.

"Madam, as I told you, there isn't any empty seat in this class- economy class. But I spoke to the captain and he confirmed that there isn't any empty seats in the economy class. We only have seats in the first class."

And before the woman said anything, the hostess continued "Look, it is unusual for our company to allow a passenger from the economy class change to the first class. However, given the circumstances, the commander thinks that it would be a scandal to make a passenger travel sit next to an unpleasant person."

And turning to the black man, the hostess said:

"Which means, Sir, if you would be so nice to pack your handbag, we have reserved you a seat in the first class..."

And all the passengers nearby, who were shocked to see the scene started applauding, some standing on their feet."

:clap: :clap: :clap:

Standing Ovation

:clap: :clap: :clap:

Laela

I sure did read that wrong..thanks for the clarification. :yep:

At the bolded...it wasn't said in a bad way.....It's hard to explain. I am an assistant to a Director, and basically the person was saying that I could be a lot more than that.....I guess I'm explaining it right, but I totally took it as a compliment.

Dee_33

Live, Laugh, Love
What do you ladies do to over-come worry? For the past month or so my mind is being attacked with worry. It's just a bunch of "what-ifs" idk why it started or where it came from but I want it gone. Of course talking to my doc and all he wants to do is start me on meds which I think are not the answer for me. I prefer to try other methods first. Right now I'm using positive affirmations and daily walks which help some, but there are still some periods or worry. I appreciate all responses.

Thanks ladies

aribell

formerly nicola.kirwan
Staying in major prayer. This numbers thing is getting *very* interesting. I hope to post a testimony soon.

TraciChanel

luving me said:
What do you ladies do to over-come worry? For the past month or so my mind is being attacked with worry. It's just a bunch of "what-ifs" idk why it started or where it came from but I want it gone. Of course talking to my doc and all he wants to do is start me on meds which I think are not the answer for me. I prefer to try other methods first. Right now I'm using positive affirmations and daily walks which help some, but there are still some periods or worry. I appreciate all responses.

Thanks ladies

luving me, I've had certain issues that I worry about - I still do. I'm a work in progress. But, I don't obsess over things I used to. When I find myself obsessing over things that I am worried about, I surrender it to God. Now, I don't mean to make it sound easy, because sometimes it's not easy to surrender because we're so used to "being in control". Or at least THINKING we're in control. So, if I find it hard to surrender, I pray and ask God for the strength to surrender it to Him (sometimes I will even fast if it's really difficult). And then I give it to Him completely - and the peace that comes from it is AWESOME and unexplainable. Try it. :yep:

Sent from my iPhone using LHCF

Dee_33

Live, Laugh, Love
^^^thank you so much. I need to surrender to God, also I need to stop the negative thoughts in their tracks instead of letting it float around in my head all day. I know it's going to take time, but each day I'm making progress.

Iwanthealthyhair67

It's good when others particularly bosses recognize that you can do more...maybe there is room for growth and advancement in your company, no?