2011 APL Challenge

Imani

So I'm already trying to decide which bra I want to wear for all my future length checks since my hair is getting longer; hopefully I'll hit APL soon and then on to BSL! I've never even taken length check pics down that far bc I never had hair that long.

JerriBlank

I'm right at the apl line in the back,but I'm also not claiming it until December,when I know the middle should be right there also. So not officially apl,but at least I feel like I'm making progress instead of being stuck in one place.

sj10460

Don't Come for me unless I send for you!
I took out a couple of my braids to do a quick length check, it looks like I'm 2.5" away from apl in the back and sides and 4 away from the front

Seamonster

Congratulations to all you long haired ladies. I am really wanting to cut my hair a bit more because I keep finding cracked hairs, but I am going to try and style my hair in a twist bun and wait it out.

faithVA

After doing my last length check I feel so far away from APL I don't feel motivated to post in this thread. Hopefully I will see some progress and get excited again.

Evolving78

faithVA
i am so far away now, so we are in the same boat and yes, i took my locs out and straightened my hair. i had a crazy moment, not really thought out at all! :lachen:

After doing my last length check I feel so far away from APL I don't feel motivated to post in this thread. Hopefully I will see some progress and get excited again.

faithVA

[USER=193258 said:
EtherealEnigma[/USER];14262787]Hey @faithVA

We are rooting for you! Keep the faith ;)

Sent from my T-Mobile G2 using T-Mobile G2

I want to say thank you but then I feel some kind of way about the "keep the faith" thingee :look: :ohwell: :perplexed :nono: :blush: :lol: ... I'm just not sure.

faithVA

[USER=2496 said:
shortdub78[/USER];14263403]@faithVA
i am so far away now, so we are in the same boat and yes, i took my locs out and straightened my hair. i had a crazy moment, not really thought out at all! :lachen:

I don't want you to be in my boat :lol: So was the crazy moment putting in the loc, taking the locs out, trimming? For some reason I thought you were already APL.

Maybe I will start a "We Ain't Fixin to Make APL This Year" support group. JK

Evolving78

the taking the locs out was the crazy moment and i needed a good trim from going through that process. it took days to take those things down. i was there, and had to cut a lot off and you can really see my layers now.

I don't want you to be in my boat :lol: So was the crazy moment putting in the loc, taking the locs out, trimming? For some reason I thought you were already APL.

Maybe I will start a "We Ain't Fixin to Make APL This Year" support group. JK

newnyer

I remember awhile back ago a little voice telling me something on the lines of, "Don't worry...you're probably a lot closer to APL than you think." Oh wait! That was faithVA! Lol! Well I'm passing that on to you now. Hey, even if there is an off chance that you don't make it (but we're not going to think that rubbish--I'm all about self-fulfilling prophesies!), I'm sure at the end of the year you'll still have some gaw-juss hair to wow us with. I'm thinking of making my own length marker name by the end of the year...it'll be called AAPL (Almost APL) or maybe BZL (back zipper length). Just kidding...maybe. LOL!
HHG ladies!!
Sent from my myTouch_4G_Slide using myTouch_4G_Slide

faithVA

I remember awhile back ago a little voice telling me something on the lines of, "Don't worry...you're probably a lot closer to APL than you think." Oh wait! That was @faithVA! Lol! Well I'm passing that on to you now. Hey, even if there is an off chance that you don't make it (but we're not going to think that rubbish--I'm all about self-fulfilling prophesies!), I'm sure at the end of the year you'll still have some gaw-juss hair to wow us with. I'm thinking of making my own length marker name by the end of the year...it'll be called AAPL (Almost APL) or maybe BZL (back zipper length). Just kidding...maybe. LOL!
HHG ladies!!
Sent from my myTouch_4G_Slide using myTouch_4G_Slide

:tantrum: Dang it all... I hate it when people throw my positiveness back on me. I don't remember saying that to you but it sounds like some foolishness I would have said on one of my happy days. :lachen"

I'm just being mean spirited. I just chased my mom out of my room. How dare she come in my room showing me how long her hair is hmph! I put her out. :lol:

BZL ... It has a ring to it :look:

Thank You newnyer.

JerriBlank

Just to show what i mean,this is the hair right above my nape. When it's a couple inches longer,I'll definitely feel like I'm apl.
Taking accurate shots is hard. I tried to make sure to keep my neck and shoulders as straight as possible.lol.

Attachments

• IMAG0654.jpg
    IMAG0654.jpg
    134.8 KB · Views: 49
  • IMAG0656.jpg
    IMAG0656.jpg
    94.9 KB · Views: 43

SimJam

Im not gonna make APL this year, I trimmed about 1 - 2 inchs of coloured hair off because I THOUGHT it was the colour that was making my ends dry a frizzy !!!! But now that Ive cut it off, MY ENDS ARE STILL DRY AND FRIZZY !!!!!!!!!

SO Im gonna be getting back into my hair routine and making less visits to the salon. My hair was in better shape when I went only 1 time per month insteaad of every 2 weeks like Ive been doing for most of this year.

need to get my ends in shape. havnt retained much this year.

at this point my measurements are:

nape = 5 inches,
crown = 6 inches
front = 7 inches

lets keep at it Ladies!!!!

faithVA

Im not gonna make APL this year, I trimmed about 1 - 2 inchs of coloured hair off because I THOUGHT it was the colour that was making my ends dry a frizzy !!!! But now that Ive cut it off, MY ENDS ARE STILL DRY AND FRIZZY !!!!!!!!!

SO Im gonna be getting back into my hair routine and making less visits to the salon. My hair was in better shape when I went only 1 time per month insteaad of every 2 weeks like Ive been doing for most of this year.

need to get my ends in shape. havnt retained much this year.

at this point my measurements are:

nape = 5 inches,
crown = 6 inches
front = 7 inches

lets keep at it Ladies!!!!

SimJam, I experienced the same thing. My ends are definitely better without the color because I am not experiencing the breakage but they are still rough feeling. So if I find out anything I will let you know. If you find out anything please let me know. I know others have had this problem too .... Just ends that like to be wild :lol:

SimJam

faithVA I sure will. I remember kimmaytube making a video abt where she mentioned something abt taming ends by figuring out the pH that your hair likes. Imma go look for the vid.

though I think the issue with my ends also includes SSKs and split ends ... though they are not overbearing, they are annoying.

Wanderland

I did an official length check today and will not meet my modified goal of November.

My starting pic: neck length nov 2010

Today
Back

Front

Ponytail

I'm bummed. I need another 1.5-2 inches at the shortest point so I probably won't make apl in 2011.

Sent from my iPhone using LHCF

Imani

Current length

Pic 1 flat ironed and curled at salon
Pic 2, the back later after curls fell, the crown and front is pinned up

I'd guess I need at least 1.5 inches to make APL which is very doable by December.

Attachments

• sept curled.jpg
    sept curled.jpg
    212.6 KB · Views: 69
  • sept length.jpg
    sept length.jpg
    207.8 KB · Views: 71
Last edited:

g.lo

I did an official length check today and will not meet my modified goal of November.

My starting pic: neck length nov 2010

Today
Back

Front

Ponytail

I'm bummed. I need another 1.5-2 inches at the shortest point so I probably won't make apl in 2011.

Sent from my iPhone using LHCF

you look ApL to me, especially the front!!:grin:

g.lo

Current length

Pic 1 flat ironed and curled at salon
Pic 2, the back later after curls fell, the crown and front is pinned up

I'd guess I need at least 1.5 inches to make APL which is very doable by December.

your hair is lush!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! there is still hope to make APL by december, don't give up!!!!!:drunk:

faithVA

Imani, Wanderland ... Both of you have some nice growth. And your hair is really full. APL may be a little further away but your hair looks so healthy and full. It will just be that much better when you get there. :yep:

Imani

Imani, Wanderland ... Both of you have some nice growth. And your hair is really full. APL may be a little further away but your hair looks so healthy and full. It will just be that much better when you get there. :yep:

If I only need 1.5 inches I can easily get that by yr end, that's just .5 in a month. I'm not that pressed actually, makin it this soon was a long shot bc I had a growth slump earlier this yr which threw things off track, but it seems to be picking back up. Just wanted to see that my hair was getting longer and healthier which it is. This is the most hair I've had in my life, I am def not complaining.

Sent from my SGH-T839 using SGH-T839

theNaturalWonders

i'll be on the sidelines rooting you ladies on while i get up to speed. it maybe too late to join now but i do plan to be APL april or may of next year so if this challenge continues 2012 i am so on it....right now my hair is in layers but the longest falls around my collarbone.

JerriBlank

Oh,and this is why pitchas are so helpful! I took the first pic on 1-10-11 ('scuse my bonnet :giggle:, and the second is from last week. My shirt isn't straight in the first pic,but my hair wasn't anywhere close to there anyway.lol. It's good to see progress.:yep:

Attachments

• IMAG0351.jpg
    IMAG0351.jpg
    216.1 KB · Views: 40
  • IMAG0659.jpg
    IMAG0659.jpg
    144.2 KB · Views: 40

KurlyNinja

So I straightened... again... this week. I'm starting to become impatient on APL. I dont think I'll be making APL by the end of this year. Maybe I'll be APL by the time my birthday comes around in February. I have about 1.5" to 2" to go to even be scraping APL, but I am loving how thick my hair is looking

Attachments

• DSCN1683.JPG
    DSCN1683.JPG
    36 KB · Views: 38
  • DSCN1684.JPG
    DSCN1684.JPG
    23.7 KB · Views: 39