2007 LHCF BOOT CAMP!!

I am going to commit to _1___ sessions. I have ____discipline_____!
I am going to challenge myself to complete Basic Traning!
Also, I am going to raise the stakes and do ______platinum___ level!
My additional challenge will be ________no combing/brushing for one week at a time____________. (for platinum only) I am excited to do this for my hair! I will do my best to post a starting point picture by January 1, 2007 and I promise to report updates in the montly thread! Lets do this!

All I can say is "wow!" You put a lot of time and thought into this wonderful challenge. Kudos to you! And you know what? You are right: it is not for the faint of heart! I just can't commit right now. The no direct heat part got me! I'm just getting down from 7 days a week to twice a week on shampoo day! I've been consistent with that for about six weeks.

Forgive me.:cry3:

I'm praying for all of you and I look forward to your progress!

I am going to commit to _3___ sessions. I have _Determination___!

Also, I am going to raise the stakes and do ____Gold_____ level!
My additional challenge will be ___limit brushing________. (for platinum only) My consequence will be __no new products for 3 months______. I am excited to do this for my hair! I will do my best to post a starting point picture by January 1, 2007 and I promise to report updates in the montly thread! Lets do this!

I will be shampoo, deep conditioning and rollersetting my hair 1 to 2 times per week and will relax every 12 to 14 weeks in 2007. I'll be using an all natural shampoo and conditioner (Aveda Sap Moss ans Damage Remedy lines) and will dust my ends after each relaxer.

Last edited:
anky said:
Ladies... I think I am going to take the plunge.

I am going to commit to 1 session. I have faith.
Also, I am going to raise the stakes and do the Platinum level!
My additional challenge will be Taking my daily vitamin, exercising for hair growth, (for platinum only) I am excited to do this for my hair! I will do my best to post a starting point picture by January 1, 2007 and I promise to report updates in the montly thread!

OT: OMG I LOVE Tennessee, I just found a Dominican Stylist. Omg omg omg omg omg omg :clap: Halleujah! Thank you, Lord!

Are you in Cashville? (Nashville)?

:lachen: You put some serious thinking into this brownsugarflyygirl. Wow, very impressive! Lemme think about it, don't want meet your mean face:lol:

I'm in! I'm in! i just lost almost two inches due to crappy ends so I need all the help I can get...just lazy though:(

I , Cholet112, am going to commit to 3 sessions. I have determination!
Also, I am going to raise the stakes and do Platinum level!
My additional challenge will be taking my vitamins, working out at least 5 days per week, Buns/Baggy, 3- month relaxer stretch, No heat, 2 trims only for 2007 No brushing/combing only on wash days. My consequences will be NO LOGGING IN TO LHCF for 2 WEEKS or NO NEW PRODUCTS for 2 MONTHS (ouch!!!!!) I am excited to do this for my hair! I will do my best to post a starting point picture by January 1, 2007 and I promise to report updates in the montly thread! Lets do this!!

Last edited:

I am going to commit to 3 sessions. I have determination_!
Also, I am going to raise the stakes and do gold level!
My additional challenge will be more deep conditioning treatments. (for platinum only) My consequence will be elimanating logging in to LHCF__:eek: . I am excited to do this for my hair! I will do my best to post a starting point picture by January 1, 2007 and I promise to report updates in the montly thread! Lets do this!

Last edited:
I am going to commit to _Sweetgee__3 sessions. I have ____determination_____!

Also, I am going to raise the stakes and do _Platinum__ level!
My additional challenge will be _______3 months stretch, Baggying and vits_____________. (for platinum only) My consequence will be _______________. I am excited to do this for my hair! I will do my best to post a starting point picture by January 1, 2007 and I promise to report updates in the montly thread! Lets do this!

Very good idea! i love it

I am going to commit to all 2 sessions. I have the will and the Power Of Prayer to back up my claim I am going to challenge myself to complete Basic Training! Also, I am going to raise the stakes and do the Platinum level!!!!! My additional challenge will be GHLW via Low/No Manipulation (by any means necessary :mad: ) with once-a-week washings! I am excited to do this for my hair! I will do my best to post a starting point picture by 1/1/07 and I promise to report updates in the monthly thread
MonaRae

Edit to change from 3 session to 2 sessions.

Last edited:
I am soooo happy that you ladies are joining! :yay: This is going to be such a rewarding experience…we gonna all have hair flying and blowing in the wind…LOL

Get ya reggies tight….so we can follow through on this!

As far as the challenge….it just kinda came together in my mind :think: and I typed it up while I was supposed to be working …but ***shhhh*** that’s our secret:sekret: …it really didn’t take that long, maybe about an hour….its just kinda flowed:user: … a result of months of LHCF thread reading:spinning: …LOL….it was basically me figuring out what hair habits I wanted to have in 2007 and just made it into a challenge for everyone….

Marie170….Yes you can fax that contract to (555) lng-hair :D J/K

Den1…..no bronze or silver…just like my engangement/wedding ring…its gotta to be platinum or gold! :lol: Nah…but it was complicated enough…I just wanted to keep it as simple as possible… :ohwell: Not sure if I succeeded

Royal Glory…Just take it one step at a time…I used to be a 100% heat addict, especially trying to transition with these 4a coils!! I assure you…its possible… you will be off heat in no time…just take it step by step…..I started a personal 6-week no heat challenge, then did the LHCF 6-month challenge, now Im adding an additional 360 days without heat!!:eek: Without any breaks btw the challenges….if I can do it…you can too…just pace yourself…Thanks for the well wishes….you still have until Jan 1 to join if you change your mind! That’s two whole months to kick the heat habit!

MJ…..you know you wanna join (in my best peer pressure voice)…lol…:yep:

Kimmy – sorry to hear about the 2-inch loss :( , this challenge will definitely help you regain that length...what levels are you signing up for?

Think up some CONSEQUENCES ladies….if you haven’t done so….please state what you are going to do if you fail to meet the expectations that you have agreed to….we have to hold ourselves accountable:)

I am so excited about this challenge!!!!!

I am going to commit to 1 session. I have discipline!
Also, I am going to raise the stakes and do gold level!
My consequence will be "No Godiva Ice Cream for 1 month". I am excited to do this for my hair! I will do my best to post a starting point picture by January 1, 2007 and I promise to report updates in the montly thread! Lets do this!!!

Thanks for starting this challenge, Brownsugar!

I'm going to commit to _3__ sessions. I have Determination_!
Also, I am going to raise the stakes and do Platinum_ level!
My additional challenge will be __vits and MTG___. (for platinum only) My consequence will be ____No fried food for one month__. I am excited to do this for my hair! I will do my best to post a starting point picture by January 1, 2007 and I promise to report updates in the montly thread! Lets do this!

brownsugarflyygirl said:
Royal Glory…Just take it one step at a time…I used to be a 100% heat addict, especially trying to transition with these 4a coils!! I assure you…its possible… you will be off heat in no time…just take it step by step…..I started a personal 6-week no heat challenge, then did the LHCF 6-month challenge, now Im adding an additional 360 days without heat!!:eek: Without any breaks btw the challenges….if I can do it…you can too…just pace yourself…Thanks for the well wishes….you still have until Jan 1 to join if you change your mind! That’s two whole months to kick the heat habit!

Thanks for the encouragement, Brownsugarflygirl!

I love the positive ladies on this forum!!! :kiss:I have a great natural family, a great church familiy, and now a great hair family! :) Okay, I'll cut out the mushiness.

I can't wait to see the progress pics! :Flahsssss

I'm going to commit to _3__ sessions. I have Determination_!
Also, I am going to raise the stakes and do Platinum_ level!
My additional challenge will be __vits and MTG___. (for platinum only) My consequence will be ____No fried food for one month__. I am excited to do this for my hair! I will do my best to post a starting point picture by January 1, 2007 and I promise to report updates in the montly thread! Lets do this!

This was so good i had to print out the rules and everything :)

I am going to commit to 1 sessions. I have CRAZY DISCIPLINE!
Also, I am going to raise the stakes and do PLATINUM :eek: level!
My additional challenge will be BAGGIE METHOD (for platinum only) My consequence will be NO NEW PRODUCTS FOR 2 MOS!. I am excited to do this for my hair! I will do my best to post a starting point picture by January 1, 2007 and I promise to report updates in the montly thread! Lets do this!

I am going to commit to 3 sessions. I have Faith and Determination !

Also, I am going to raise the stakes and do the Platnium level!
My additional challenge will be to take my vitamins regularly and create a master regimen and stick to it. (for platinum only) My consequence will be no new hair care products for a month. (I can't believe I just typed that!!) I am excited to do this for my hair! I will do my best to post a starting point picture by January 1, 2007 and I promise to report updates in the montly thread! Lets do this!

I am going to commit to 3 sessions. I have Determination!

My additional challenge will be Use growth aid 3 to 4x a week and continue taking Vitamins. (for platinum only) My consequence will be to double my cardio workouts for 2 weeks. I am excited to do this for my hair! I will do my best to post a starting point picture by January 1, 2007 and I promise to report updates in the montly thread! Lets do this!:)

Wow, this is a great challenge!!! I'll have to get back to you all on if I'll be joining or not. I really need to sit down and think this through. :lol:

I am going to commit to 3 sessions. I have DETERMINATION! I am going to challenge myself to complete Basic Traning! Also, I am going to raise the stakes and do Platinum level! My additional challenge will be cardio 3x’s per week and a daily protein shake. I am excited to do this for my hair! I will do my best to post a starting point picture by January 1, 2007 and I promise to report updates in the monthly thread! Lets do this!

My punishment will be no LHCF for 1 week…

Great idea…this will be my first challenge

This is so cute!

I am going to commit to three sessions. I have Determination !
Also, I am going to raise the stakes and do platinumlevel!
My additional challenge will be C&G technique, vitamins, 60oz water a day, healthy eating, 3x exercise, no trimming!. I am excited to do this for my hair! I will do my best to post a starting point picture by January 1, 2007 and I promise to report updates in the montly thread! Lets do this!

Someone please explain the no combing and brushing. How are you suppose to fix your hair. Even if you set it or bun it, you have to comb it. Explain the natural products only thingie. Does that mean you have to purchase all natural products. My husband will sign me up for the nut house if I come home with another truck load of hair products. One other thing, my relaxer is scheduled for Nov 29th which will be 9 weeks. I had already planned to add another 3 wks to stretch 12 weeks. Would this count for the 3 month stretch. I have only done my own personal challenges, but would love try this. I just need to look professional for work.

janeemat said:
Someone please explain the no combing and brushing. How are you suppose to fix your hair. Even if you set it or bun it, you have to comb it. Explain the natural products only thingie. Does that mean you have to purchase all natural products. My husband will sign me up for the nut house if I come home with another truck load of hair products. One other thing, my relaxer is scheduled for Nov 29th which will be 9 weeks. I had already planned to add another 3 wks to stretch 12 weeks. Would this count for the 3 month stretch. I have only done my own personal challenges, but would love try this. I just need to look professional for work.

Yep...right right and right....your interpretation is right...but those are just suggestions as an additional challenge you may want to add in order to do platinum level...the sky is the limit....these ladies have chosen a variety of things....

As far as no brushing and no combing.....that means choosing a protective or low manipulation style on wash day that will "keep"....and or finger combing. For example, I used to wear a bun...I would set it on Saturday and then at night I would slick it down with a scarf then take off the ponytail holder...In the morning I would just use oil, water, and my fingers to smooth and maintain and restyle...the next saturday...wash and restyle. Now I wear twists for two weeks...no need for a brush or comb :) I think some ladies even do this with a 'wrap-like' styles by pinning up the hair at night and then fingercombing in the morning....its just a matter of being creative :D

Thanks Brownsugar for answering my questions. The basic training is not a problem, I haven't used a blow dryer since 2005, I set my hair but usually around 6 wks post relaxer I use the back of the curling iron to smooth the roller set out. I'm now 5 weeks post, have not use it yet. So, if I can get through 9 weeks without applying this method I may be in this challenge. I think I'll use the next few weeks as a trial run before I commit. That no combing except wash day is test for me. I'm definetly going to try for 12 wk stretch.

I am going to commit to 3 sessions. I have determination!
Also, I am going to raise the stakes and do Platnium level!
My additional challenge will be taking vitamins. (for platinum only) My consequence will be doubling up on my workout for 2 weeks. I am excited to do this for my hair! I will do my best to post a starting point picture by January 1, 2007 and I promise to report updates in the montly thread! Lets do this!

I, Lady R, am going to commit to 3 sessions. I have Determaination and the Lord on my side
My additional challenge will be drinking at least 40 oz of water a day. (for platinum only) My consequence will be no TV for 2 days. I am excited to do this for my hair! I will do my best to post a starting point picture by January 1, 2007 and I promise to report updates in the montly thread! Lets do this!

I'm in!

I am going to commit to 1 sessions. I have discipline!
Also, I am going to raise the stakes and do platinum level!
My additional challenge will be taking vitamins and cardio for my hair. (for platinum only) My consequence will be no new hair products. I am excited to do this for my hair! I will do my best to post a starting point picture by January 1, 2007 and I promise to report updates in the montly thread! Lets do this!

I'm in

I KeraKrazyam going to commit to _3___ sessions. I have _Determination________!
Also, I am going to raise the stakes and do ____Platinum_____ level!
My additional challenge will be ______Take my vits, only comb on wash days and drink more water______________. (for platinum only) My consequence will be ____No chocolate for a month___________. I am excited to do this for my hair! I will do my best to post a starting point picture by January 1, 2007 and I promise to report updates in the montly thread!

Sign me up for the gold level. If I practice on my bun more I will move up to the platinum level.:D

I'll be back later to determine my sessions

Back