15 yr. old on Oprah Started Her Own Hairline After Her Hair Fell Out

SparklingFlame

naturallady said:
I just got my order in today. I ordered the shampoo and cond pack with the hair oil that goes for $20. It came just in time b/c I was just about to wash my hair! :lol: I'll report back on my review.
OK i just washed my hair and here is the review:

The shampoo really cleaned my hair. It cleaned it so well that it seemed like my hair was clarified! It had that squecky(sp) clean feel to it that I get after I clarify with warm water and baking soda. It lathered up pretty good for an all natural shampoo but it didnt give off much of a smell (which I tottaly dont mind). On to the conditioner.

I slathered it on and it really smells good. If you love peppermint this is for you! It didnt make my scalp tingle (probably b/c I didnt rub it on the scalp) but it did make my neck tingle. Next time I'll concentrate it on the scalp too. It made my hair soft so its a keeper! Now on to the jojoba oil moisturizer.

I DC'd and put on my QB Heavy cream and used the Jojoba oil to seal in the ends. Me likey! Its creamy and thick! The smell is heavenly! It smells vaguly like another product that I cant put my finger on. All in all I was very impressed and I would definatly recommend these products.

tiffers

Whisper "bleep boop" to yourself when you're sad.
Thank you for that review, naturallady! I've been wondering how these products work. Now I'm REALLY tempted to try some....

Dare~to~Dream

*bump*

She just posted pics on her blog. I thought I would add the link to this thread since most wanted to see how her *real* hair looked...while it's not very long it does seem to be in a healthy condition.

LadyZ

I was going to order but, the shipping was toooooo high $12.00...

Great to hear of about a young AA lady doing good though...

I wish her much success...:grin::yep:

cheeks87

The business camp she said she went to is an excellent program. The National Foundation for Teaching Entrepreneurship(NFTE) teaches at risk youth how to start their own businesses. A company I used to work was a big contributor to them. One of the FUBU brothers was a graduate of the NFTE program.

I would love to see a show about the LHCF. I keep saying that I'm going to send an email. I'm going to stop saying it and just do it. :)

I totally went to one of those camps. I wasn't a "at risk" teen though. :look: Basically, you just had to be a minority.

They PAID YOU(a nice amount) to go to the camp. It was awesome.

pear

I bought the peppermint tea tree hair oil. I don't have any complaints about the oil but to be honest, it didn't do anything super special and I was hoping to maybe feel a little scalp tingle but I didn't. All in all I am happy to have supported her but I have really gotten into making my own stuff and most of the ingredients in the oil I purchased I already have here at the house so I can make my own for much cheaper and modify my recipe if needed to better suit my hair.

I do however wish this young sista the best of luck!

toniy

When I was home last week, I did some PJ'ing and picked up the tea tree oil conditioner at WALMART. I didnt know her story, just liked the ingredients and got it.

The product was clean feeling on my hair. Didn't leave a film and was nicely packaged. I didn't feel a tingle, but my Mother did. All in all, I left the bottle with my Mom because she liked it and I didn't have a chance to give it a second try.

PassionFruit

I bought the hair milk at Walmart yesterday... gonna try it after my co-wash today... probably wont get full effect since my hair is in microbriads that Im not taking out ( no hair added but the ends are coming loose)