Afrobella straightens her hair!

Fhrizzball

THIS!! Flat Ironing my hair only once ruined 2 years if good work.. Like I had to chop it off.... I think the kinkier your hair is, the more likely it is to damage...

I think it's not that kinkier hair is more susceptible to heat damage but that we tend to use higher temperatures than those with looser textures hence making heat damage for us more common.

Marcel combs scare me though so I wish I knew the magic to get my hair straight with that and not get heat damage of the sort.

Anakinsmomma

Je Ne Sais Quoi said:
Minutes later though? All that effort down the drain. Her hair is pretty both ways.

Sent from the corner pay phone

I guess she was just doing it for the pictures, so not a total waste. And she might have been paranoid about heat damage :look:

kellistarr

Though I've seen it a gazillion times, I was just stunned by her length! Afro hair is truly amazing in its versatility. Wow! Her silky straight, done with Marcel irons (my favorites) looked so pretty and her wash n' go looked totally revitalized.

Iluvsmuhgrass

I totally bought Felicia's brush. Looking forward to that puppy getting here. :look: I hated that the shipping was $5.... but if it solely removes shed hair.... totally worth it. #TryingToRecycleBlackDollars :yep:

Anakinsmomma

Iluvsmuhgrass said:
I totally bought Felicia's brush. Looking forward to that puppy getting here. :look: I hated that the shipping was $5.... but if it solely removes shed hair.... totally worth it. #TryingToRecycleBlackDollars :yep:

Where did you order from?

kandake

Some naturals kill me. " I just had to get back to my curls!" Or "I miss my hair! I'm ready to wash this out!" Or "I'm ready to take these braids out. I miss my natural hair!" And it's only been like 4 days. Girl stahp!!

Some can be do extra. Just had to get that off my chest.

Sent From My Pheauxne

But Pook. I think it's genuine. Everytime I straighten my hair I'm anxious to wash it out cause I miss my natural hair. I actually feel that way right now; I straightened my hair Monday night :sad:.

Last edited:

kandake

THIS!! Flat Ironing my hair only once ruined 2 years if good work.. Like I had to chop it off.... I think the kinkier your hair is, the more likely it is to damage...

That's interesting, cause I thought the opposite. My heat damage is in areas where my curl patter is looser/less kinky. I've learned that I need to lower the temp. on the flatiron when I get toward the front of my hair cause it's not has kinky as the back.