15 yr. old on Oprah Started Her Own Hairline After Her Hair Fell Out

Dare~to~Dream

I'm so tempted to make a purchase! Like someone else stated, I don't need to see pictures of her hair. I purchase Qhemet products all the time...and I have no idea how the lady's hair look. I think I will get the kit or maybe just the peppermint conditioner-it looks yummy!

Edited: I just realized that she has a "custom blend" option available in case you have specific needs...um yeah I'm about to place an order.

Last edited:
B

Bublnbrnsuga

Wow! I am so proud of her!! I know she had to have a mentor to assist her. I wonder how many other children are out there with great ideas/inventions who just need a little support from the right person.

SparklingFlame

Blu217 said:
Ya'll realize this girl's career just took off after today. If this is what she wants to do, she's SET from the Oprah exposure. Her business just exploded.
I know, right! Shoot I need to try to get at Miss. Winfrey! :lol:

Mars_Reiko

I'm very impressed:). I'm so impressed and went and made a purchase:lol:. I just bought the jojobo temple balm. The prices are very reasonable, I couldn't resist. Plus, the free shipping didn't help;). I'll let you all know how things turn out.

chayil0427

This is awesome....it's so cool to see a young person doing it big! I might just buy sommin as my way to say way to go.

Chayil

Nice & Wavy

Wow, she already have her products in a ton of locations in different states. Guess she has been out for some time and we didn't know about it. What a blessings.

Alli77 said:
Isn't that a pic of her in the upper right hand on the site with the natural puff/fro? THe girl looks very similar to her?

I agree. Looks like her in the corner of her website. If so, her hair is nice. But regardless, she is doing her thing and I'm proud that young people are making moves and are passionate about things. And with being on Oprah, she's really about to blow up! I might have to make a purchase.

BeaLady

The business camp she said she went to is an excellent program. The National Foundation for Teaching Entrepreneurship(NFTE) teaches at risk youth how to start their own businesses. A company I used to work was a big contributor to them. One of the FUBU brothers was a graduate of the NFTE program.

I would love to see a show about the LHCF. I keep saying that I'm going to send an email. I'm going to stop saying it and just do it. :)

EMJazzy

Happily retired
Congratulations to that young lady!! :clapping: I'm sitting here grinning like that's my child or something. :D

pistachio

I think that alot of the ladies here could do the same given the right exposure. I think her site looked very professional, and the prices were very reasonable too:)

InnerSoul

I am definitely going to try these products!! Her prices are not all bad either!... the ingredients sound very promising and I love peppermint oil since that is already a favorite ingredient in my deep conditoner:)

CaribbeanQueen

patient1 said:
I don't need to see what her hair looks. Not trying to start nothing, but have we ever seen the hair on the heads of the folks who sell us Mizani, Keracare, Wildgrowth Oil, etc. etc. etc.

I'm super impressed and if I'm not mistaken, I saw her line in Whole Foods somewhere.

I have the same ingredients she has in bulk for my own work, BUT I'm still gonna buy a bottle of something to salute her and inspire some other young entrepreneurs.

p1

You have a good point...

PaperClip

Congrats on this budding entrepreneur's success! However, I want to know the BACK story:

15 years old: was it HER CHOICE to get a relaxer or did a parent/authority figure FORCE her?

What products/techniques were used that eventually caused the damage?

Have others around her been converted to return to their naturally textured hair?

Head's up!

I congratulate the 15yr old, (she must have inspirational and supportive folks) and wish her all the very best with her line.
I do think that there should be a LHCF book. The hair care recipe section is amazing, and would be worth the price of a book alone, as the tips really work. Examples I found whilst lurking in the background, was seaweed, the addition of which to my co wash dramatically reduced shedding and breakage (Lush uses seaweed as its primary ingredient in their £8.0 ($16.0) Retread deluxe conditioner, but the homemade stuff works better and its cheaper) an other is fenugreek which relaxes the curl and strengthens .
Ladies,IMO, your sitting on a goldmine here!

Last edited:

Southernbella.

Has anyone received their products yet? I ordered over a week ago, and never received a confirmation email or ship date. I'm concerned because I posted the link on another board and a few ladies there ordered products too.

BeaLady

I hope you get your products soon.

I imagine that they got a lot of orders in since she was on the show.

An email confirmation should have been automatically sent.

prettyinpurple

Bump bump bump :)

Anyone tried these products yet?

lauren450 said:
Has anyone received their products yet? I ordered over a week ago, and never received a confirmation email or ship date. I'm concerned because I posted the link on another board and a few ladies there ordered products too.

You should ask the CS about your order esp. since you didn't get a confirmation email. Did you set you an account on the site? Maybe you could check on your order status this way.

I got a order confirmation email on 2/13, and haven't gotten my products yet. But I just checked the website and it does say orders may take 2-4 weeks to arrive. So I just need to be patient :grin: I just love getting packages in the mail tho' so I can't wait lol.

SparklingFlame

I know a few days after I ordered I got an e-mail saying since the show aired she was bombarded with orders and it would be at least 2-4 weeks for shipment.

prettyinpurple

naturallady said:
I know a few days after I ordered I got an e-mail saying since the show aired she was bombarded with orders and it would be at least 2-4 weeks for shipment.

Okay I thought this was new. I remember seeing the shipping time as being only 2 weeks I think.

SparklingFlame

I just got my order in today. I ordered the shampoo and cond pack with the hair oil that goes for $20. It came jsut in time b/c I was just about to wash my hair! :lol: I'll report back on my review.