12 inches in 12 Months 2012!

Inspiired

I am definitely in this one!

Current Length:Shoulder/collarbone length
Goal:
*realistic: Full APL -> Brushing BSL
*12 inches/year: Full MBL --> brushing WSL

If Njoy could retain 10 inches in one year, I am pretty sure I can do the same; or at least I hope so.

Yay! Can't wait to see how you get along. Defo NJoy is a major inspiration; so honoured to have her as part of this challenge :)

Hmhg <3

after a lil thought im in yall!!! lol i will be wearing my hair in various low manipulation styles. absolutely no heat and exercising and i have found and amazing home made deep conditioner that makes my curls pop so i will use it weekly.:lick:
im a newb with apl transitioning hair so 12 in in 12 mnths would put me way over my goal of fully natural cbl hair

Low manipulation styles are amazing in general for the health of hair. DCs that make curls pop = yum! I'm excited for you!

Hmhg <3

I"m so in! I haven't been on the boards in MONTHS and this is a hell of a way to bring in the New Year... I know myself though and I will have to have my hair in a weave or something or else it's gonna come into contact with heat. I'm going to post my before pics and regimen after I eat dinner....! I'm too ecxited about it, I just hope the excitement lasts...lol

A great positive way to start 2012! :) Weave is a good protective style as long as the hairdresser cares for your real hair :) looking forward to seeing your progress!

Hmhg <3

- remember girlies, if you haven't already, remember to 'thank' the first post so I can keep track of everyone :)

brittle_hair

Bublin - can't believe its now £45 for nioxin on amazon - i bought the 90-capsule bottle about 3 weeks ago for £32, which I thought was pricey enough compared with the Hair Skin and Nail vitamins I was getting from boots for about half the price. On a positive note I've noticed with Nioxin that my nails are much harder and longer than usual - Hopefully the same should be happening to my hair.

My regimen for 2012 is to follow the the crown 'n' glory challenge, moisturize with braid spray and wash every 2-3 weeks.

Current length is in the pic attached

Attachments

• 01.01.12.jpg
    01.01.12.jpg
    89.5 KB · Views: 23
Last edited:

Bublin

@brittle_hair i can't beleive the rise in price. I bet they've got people spying on forums :sekret:.
And it's the new year. After everyone's done :beer: they've probably predicted that everyones going to start their New

Year's Resolutions health wise so bumped up the price.

zionlady

Is it too late for me to join this challenge? Just subscribed today and will like to be APL by the end of the year. Im currently at EL with a lot of damaged ends.

Inspiired

Is it too late for me to join this challenge? Just subscribed today and will like to be APL by the end of the year. Im currently at EL with a lot of damaged ends.

Of course it's not too late! Welcomeee :) we'll all support you chica! :) have you any idea on your regimen or are you still deciding?

Hmhg <3

ChristmasCarol

I'm in - gotta grow as much as possible before I BC.
Starting pic:

Last edited:
Yay! Can't wait to see how you get along. Defo @NJoy is a major inspiration; so honoured to have her as part of this challenge :)

Hmhg <3

Low manipulation styles are amazing in general for the health of hair. DCs that make curls pop = yum! I'm excited for you!

Hmhg <3

A great positive way to start 2012! :) Weave is a good protective style as long as the hairdresser cares for your real hair :) looking forward to seeing your progress!

Hmhg <3

- remember girlies, if you haven't already, remember to 'thank' the first post so I can keep track of everyone :)

Oh yes, I stay on top of my hair under an install. I like to put them in myself because then I know that it is a good install with care and attention paid to MY hair but time doesn't permit that so I go to the salon.

I honestly can't say that I have a set reggie. when my hair is not in weaves, I oil my scalp regularly with JBCO or NJoys sulfer mix recipe. I am going to be realistic and say that I will oil my scalp when I have my hair out. I need to find a staple shampoo and conditioner. I prepoo with Praital silk worm rinse and it does wonders for my hair. I am focused on gaining length and retaining it. I lost a MASSIVE amount of hair these past few months due to stress so I am all on board with the ""no stress" part of this challenge. I started taking the garlic drops in water to try to combat the shedding, my hair is ridiculously thin because of it, It's a nice length just paper thin. :wallbash::wallbash::cry2::cry2::wallbash::wallbash::cry2::cry2: I ordered Haifinity, which I have always had great success with. I just took my hair out of a weave and I gained 1 1/2" in a month and a half so I really want to make weaves my staple protective style. I am going to get a silk based closure so I don't have to leave any of my hair out and redo it every 6 weeks.

I will take my vitamins daily
I will workout daily, except for my off day.
I will drink at least 10 glasses of water.
I will oil my scalp no less than 5 days a week.
I will do daily scalp massages. (cleanse scalp every 2 days with Seabreeze as to not accumulate buildup)
I will wash my hair once every 2 weeks.
I will limit heat to special occasions and length checks.
I will do regular protein treatments.
I will seal my ends when my hair is not in a weave or under a half wig.
I will do regular DC's.

So far, that's all I plan to do. starting pics attached, let me know if they don't show up. The last picture, you can really see the devastation from the excessive shedding, my hair is friggin see through.:sad:

Attachments

• 101_4765.jpg
    101_4765.jpg
    285.3 KB · Views: 35
  • 101_4797.jpg
    101_4797.jpg
    332.5 KB · Views: 37
  • 101_4785.jpg
    101_4785.jpg
    507.4 KB · Views: 37

bebezazueta

Just cut a little over an inch of my tail that touched MBL. I'm excited. Most of my hair is the same length now.

I need to update my inches now

My longest layer is NOW 7 inches from HL & my shortest layer is still 9 inches from HL. My shortest layer represent my face framing layers so I may just keep them. So it's really 7 inches to my final goal and i am planning another 1 inch trim in July I'm aiming for 8 inches total now this year Which is 2/3 inch/month! My average rate doing nothing is 1/2 inch/month.

This is so doable so that's 0.67 inch/month for those who don't like fractions. LOL!

Moca

I hope It's not too late to join :yep:. My hair usually grows 1/2 inch per month, but with this challenge I will strive for more.

My new regimen
Length: layered, but longest layer is shoulder length.
Scalp massage daily
Co wash every other week, shampoo every other week
Protective style with braids under wig
Green house effect 5 x
Deep condition every week, alternating with kenra moist, and 2 minute keratin
I will also trim every 2 months over the next 6 months...
Moist and seal with shea moist yucca aloe growth lotion.

Last but not least vitamins.... Whey protein, vitamin world women's multi vit, gnc hair skin, nails, msm,and iron.

Aggie

Another cheerer from the sidelines here :wave:. Good luck ladies. I cannot help but watch the amazing results that are pending up ahead.

dachsies_rule!

I'd like to see what my max growth is natural, so i'm in! My hair thrives best when left alone so i'll shampoo, DC and moisturize once a week. Spritz with water daily to revive curls and chelate once a month. I'll also start doing daily scalp massages to get those follicles moving and start a multivitamin. My starting pic is below and i'm 5 inches all around.

8 mos front LHCF.jpg

Inspiired

Oh yes, I stay on top of my hair under an install. I like to put them in myself because then I know that it is a good install with care and attention paid to MY hair but time doesn't permit that so I go to the salon.

I honestly can't say that I have a set reggie. when my hair is not in weaves, I oil my scalp regularly with JBCO or NJoys sulfer mix recipe. I am going to be realistic and say that I will oil my scalp when I have my hair out. I need to find a staple shampoo and conditioner. I prepoo with Praital silk worm rinse and it does wonders for my hair. I am focused on gaining length and retaining it. I lost a MASSIVE amount of hair these past few months due to stress so I am all on board with the ""no stress" part of this challenge. I started taking the garlic drops in water to try to combat the shedding, my hair is ridiculously thin because of it, It's a nice length just paper thin. :wallbash::wallbash::cry2::cry2::wallbash::wallbash::cry2::cry2: I ordered Haifinity, which I have always had great success with. I just took my hair out of a weave and I gained 1 1/2" in a month and a half so I really want to make weaves my staple protective style. I am going to get a silk based closure so I don't have to leave any of my hair out and redo it every 6 weeks.

I will take my vitamins daily
I will workout daily, except for my off day.
I will drink at least 10 glasses of water.
I will oil my scalp no less than 5 days a week.
I will do daily scalp massages. (cleanse scalp every 2 days with Seabreeze as to not accumulate buildup)
I will wash my hair once every 2 weeks.
I will limit heat to special occasions and length checks.
I will do regular protein treatments.
I will seal my ends when my hair is not in a weave or under a half wig.
I will do regular DC's.

So far, that's all I plan to do. starting pics attached, let me know if they don't show up. The last picture, you can really see the devastation from the excessive shedding, my hair is friggin see through.:sad:

It's amazing that you know exactly what to do and to move forward! I also gain a lot of growth from weaves but it hurts so much when hairdressers do it! How did you learn to do it yourself? The pics showed up! Your hair is gorgeous :) stress? We'll support you all the way, also listen to my uncle bob marleys song - three little birds :) I can't wait to see your progress!

Hmhg <3

Inspiired

Just cut a little over an inch of my tail that touched MBL. I'm excited. Most of my hair is the same length now.

I need to update my inches now

My longest layer is NOW 7 inches from HL & my shortest layer is still 9 inches from HL. My shortest layer represent my face framing layers so I may just keep them. So it's really 7 inches to my final goal and i am planning another 1 inch trim in July I'm aiming for 8 inches total now this year Which is 2/3 inch/month! My average rate doing nothing is 1/2 inch/month.

This is so doable so that's 0.67 inch/month for those who don't like fractions. LOL!

That's amazing babe! You'll do it and I can't wait to see when you do! :)

Hmhg <3

Inspiired

I hope It's not too late to join :yep:. My hair usually grows 1/2 inch per month, but with this challenge I will strive for more.

My new regimen
Length: layered, but longest layer is shoulder length.
Scalp massage daily
Co wash every other week, shampoo every other week
Protective style with braids under wig
Green house effect 5 x
Deep condition every week, alternating with kenra moist, and 2 minute keratin
I will also trim every 2 months over the next 6 months...
Moist and seal with shea moist yucca aloe growth lotion.

Last but not least vitamins.... Whey protein, vitamin world women's multi vit, gnc hair skin, nails, msm,and iron.

Of course it's not too late! The more the merrier! :)

Hmhg <3

Inspiired

I'd like to see what my max growth is natural, so i'm in! My hair thrives best when left alone so i'll shampoo, DC and moisturize once a week. Spritz with water daily to revive curls and chelate once a month. I'll also start doing daily scalp massages to get those follicles moving and start a multivitamin. My starting pic is below and i'm 5 inches all around.

View attachment 133127

I'd love to see max growth too! It'll be awesome. Your reggie sounds good btw :)

Hmhg <3

Bublin

Can the UK ladies please share what (shop bought) deep conditioners they are using.
I recently realised the majority of what i have is protein based and i need moisture.

At the moment i have...
Keracare Humecto
CON Argan Oil Intensive Treatment (i have a sachet that i've not yet used but i love the sulphate free shampoo)
Aussie Moist 3 Minute Miracle
Nuaat Silicon Mask (so far i have only used this on my dd and the condition and shine was amazing)

What are you ladies using?

Inspiired

Can the UK ladies please share what (shop bought) deep conditioners they are using.
I recently realised the majority of what i have is protein based and i need moisture.

At the moment i have...
Keracare Humecto
CON Argan Oil Intensive Treatment (i have a sachet that i've not yet used but i love the sulphate free shampoo)
Nuaat Silicon Mask (so far i have only used this on my dd and the condition and shine was amazing)

I absolutely LOVE Africa's Best Organic Olive Oil Deep Conditioner - probably got it from PAKS but they sell it in any hair shop :)

I want to start making homemade deep cons though!

Hmhg <3

Last edited:
It's amazing that you know exactly what to do and to move forward! I also gain a lot of growth from weaves but it hurts so much when hairdressers do it! How did you learn to do it yourself? The pics showed up! Your hair is gorgeous :) stress? We'll support you all the way, also listen to my uncle bob marleys song - three little birds :) I can't wait to see your progress!

Hmhg <3

I started doing weaves when I was still in HS although those were
'okay'-nothing I'd wear today. I went to Cosmetology school and I have my license and I have honed and fine-tuned my skills over the past 10-11 years. When I braid my hair or a clients hair, I take the style they/I want in consideration along with the texture of their/my hair, the density of their/my hair and condition of their/my scalp. It all plays a part in preserving the health of the hair. Some beauticians make the mistake in treating everyone's hair the same-this is a no-no. You CAN"T do to my hair what you could do to a woman's hair that's thicker, it wont respond the same and I will spend too much time trying to blend it, fix it, or make it look presentable and I will end up manipulating it far too much and it will break off. Another common mistake is when the base braids are too tight, they don't need to be extremely tight because when the weave is sewn on, the thread is going to pull on the braid and tighten it a bit more. If the braids are too tight, then your hair can, and more than likely, will break off at the roots... I don't mind telling the person braiding my hair that they are doing it wrong either, its MY hair....lol

Last edited:

Inspiired

I started doing weaves when I was still in HS although those were
'okay'-nothing I'd wear today. I went to Cosmetology school and I have my license and I have honed and fine-tuned my skills over the past 10-11 years. When I braid my hair or a clients hair, I take the style they/I want in consideration along with the texture of their/my hair, the density of their/my hair and condition of their/scalp. It all plays a part in preserving the health of the hair. Some beauticians make the mistake in treating everyones hair the same-this is a no-no. You can do to my hair what you could do to a woman's hair that's thicker, it wont respond the same and I will spend too much time trying to blend it, fix it, or make it look presentable and I will end up manipulating it far too much and it will break off. Another common mistake is when the base braids are too tight, they don't need to be extremely tight because when the weave is sewn on, the thread is goig to pull on the braid and tighten iy a bit ,more. If the braids are too tight, then your hair can, and more than likely, will break off at the roots... I don't mind telling the person braiding my hair that they are doing it wrong either, its MY hair....lol

Aww I wish all people that did hair do it like you! Thanks for that :)

Hmhg <3

g.lo

At the moment i have...
Keracare Humecto

I am in the Ayurvedic challenge as well, so so far i mix my BFH condish with my Ayurvecic powders!!

czyfaith77

I have been looking for Njoy sulfur recipe since yesterday. Could someone please direct me and yes I would like to be in this challenge as I am going to do the sulfur one as well.

youwillrise

So...I picked up some gummy vitamins...I don't know if they're any good, but I guess we'll see. Its just a regular multi by one a day. I got these because I know ill actually take them. I hate swallowing pills and liquid vitaminds are ususally gross. I'm gonna start drinking water galore. There was a time I ONLY drank water...but I fell off. I felt much better then, too.