Scalp burn (irritated) please help

naturalnikki

I can't figure out what I could've used that's irritating my scalp so bad. I'm natural, and I've had alopecia since a young age in the areas where I have hair loss is extremely irritated it took me back to my relaxer days it burned that bad. It itched all day and after my work out it began to burn. I looked at the area and it's even larger than it was two days ago! My scalp all over is a bit irritated but it's worse in that area. Any ideas on products that could've cause it or any particular ingredients that's commonly used that may have caused this?

divachyk

Instagram: adaybyjay
@naturalnikki, sorry you're dealing with this. I'm relaxed and likely won't be much help but so that others can chime in, what products have you used lately? Have you incorporated any new products (hair, makeup, bath/body) into your regi?

naturalnikki

The only new thing I've used that I hadn't before is Avon conditioner it has avocado in it. I've also incorporated wheat germ oil and mango butter into my Shea butter mix. Oh and rose hip oil

Mz.MoMo5235

You could be allergic to one of those new items. I've never had alopecia and I'm natural. The only time I've ever had that experience was with Skala

YOU DIDNT USE SKALA RIGHT?!?!? Its the debil!!!!

If you didnt use any Skala then I'm certain its one of your new products

Are you under any stress? Is something important coming up? Your body may be reacting to something emotional.

If it gets worse by Wed go see a Derm Dr ASAP! It could be anything from ring worm to mites ti fungus, food allergy... The list goes on really.

naturalnikki

Mz.MoMo5235 said:
You could be allergic to one of those new items. I've never had alopecia and I'm natural. The only time I've ever had that experience was with Skala

YOU DIDNT USE SKALA RIGHT?!?!? Its the debil!!!!

If you didnt use any Skala then I'm certain its one of your new products

Are you under any stress? Is something important coming up? Your body may be reacting to something emotional.

If it gets worse by Wed go see a Derm Dr ASAP! It could be anything from ring worm to mites ti fungus, food allergy... The list goes on really.

No never used skala I'm going to try to go tuesday to see a dermatologists. They just haven been really helpful in the past when it comes to my hair I'm always skeptical about going

Keen

There was a growth aid product that used to cause burn. I can't remember the name. It was a yellow spray bottle. The main ingredient was a long word started with "M". The word is on the tip of my tongue. Hopefully another member can decipher what I mean. Many members saw lots of growth but the product was causing scalp burn for many members. That's the only non relaxer product that I can remember causing burns

DarkJoy

Bent. Not Broken.
I have scalp eczema so feel your pain (literally!). It's awful, especially when it starts to spread.

Have a look at the ingredients on that Avon conditioner. It probably has ingredients with 10 letters to make up a chemical name. Avocado is probably dern near last. There are a couple of conditioners that will make my scalp act up like that, even a few that claim to be 'natural'.

Hope your derm can help you figure it out. Sorry you're going through this

naturalnikki

Like 2 spirulina and 1 chlorella I'm gonna check the bottle of the conditioner and see what's n it. I do have eczema, but it's never did anything to my scalp its usually specific to certain areas of my body.

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
I Agree with @DarkJoy

I think it is/was something in the Avon Conditioner.

I would buy some over the counter Nizoral Shampoo to see if it will stop the itch & irritation. It should stop it immediately on contact.

naturalnikki

IDareT'sHair said:
I Agree with @DarkJoy

I think it is/was something in the Avon Conditioner.

I would buy some over the counter Nizoral Shampoo to see if it will stop the itch & irritation. It should stop it immediately on contact.

Never heard of that. Where could I buy that?

naturalnikki

Ingredients from the conditioner
WATER/EAU
CETEARYL ALCOHOL
PERSEA GRATISSIMA (AVOCADO) OIL
PRUNUS AMYGDALUS DULCIS (SWEET ALMOND) OIL
BUTYLENE GLYCOL
CYCLOPENTASILOXANE
DIMETHICONE
CETRIMONIUM CHLORIDE
ISOPROPYL ALCOHOL
PHENOXYETHANOL
PARFUM/FRAGRANCE
CETEARETH-20
METHYLPARABEN
PROPYLPARABEN
CITRIC ACID
SD ALCOHOL 40-B
RED 4/CI 14700
YELLOW 10/CI 47005
BLUE 1/CI 42090
Close

DarkJoy

Bent. Not Broken.
Ingredients from the conditioner
WATER/EAU
CETEARYL ALCOHOL
PERSEA GRATISSIMA (AVOCADO) OIL
PRUNUS AMYGDALUS DULCIS (SWEET ALMOND) OIL
BUTYLENE GLYCOL
CYCLOPENTASILOXANE
DIMETHICONE
CETRIMONIUM CHLORIDE
ISOPROPYL ALCOHOL
PHENOXYETHANOL
PARFUM/FRAGRANCE
CETEARETH-20
METHYLPARABEN
PROPYLPARABEN

CITRIC ACID
SD ALCOHOL 40-B
RED 4/CI 14700
YELLOW 10/CI 47005
BLUE 1/CI 42090

Close
That ain't even really natural at all! I highlighted what caught my eye. Isopropyl Alcohol? Fer real? No one in they right mind would pour rubbing alcohol (and that's what that is!) on their heads! Parabens are known to be bad. And dyes? My ex-sister in law has terrible reaction to chemical dyes in food and cosmetics. So it's not unusual for people to react to them. Why does a shampoo need colorants anyway? Weird. Might want to either patch test when you're all cleared up to be sure or just toss it.

I only mention the eczema because it makes my scalp very sensitive as your alopecia might too. Some things just really set it off.

*shakes head over the rubbing alcohol*

DarkJoy

Bent. Not Broken.
If you think it might be an allergic reaction as opposed to a chemical burn, might help to take a benedryl OR rub your scalp with some hydrocodisone cream. Those usually clear up allergic reactions but NOT a chemical burn.