Tingly/Irritated Scalp, Now What? Help.

divachyk

Instagram: adaybyjay
Seems like I may be having a reaction to something....my head feels tingly and irritated to the touch. The tingly feeling is similar to when the relaxer is starting to burn your scalp. The irritated feeling is how your scalp feels after being burned by a relaxer.

Process:
-overnight pre-poo with castor, evoo, evco.
-applied a cocktail (this may be where I went wrong) on dry hair of: lustrasilk mango/shea butter, a few drops of aphogee 2 min reconstructor, about 2 tablespoons of ORS replenshing k pak, a few drops of honey and V05 moisture milk condish. let it sit for about an hr under a plastic cap, no heat.
- washed with HE LTR poo
- conditioned with HE LTR condish
- d/c with lustrasilk mango/shea butter and evoo under hooded dryer for 30 mins and rinsed
- leave ins of H14n1, NTM silk leave in and evco then hair dried.

What did I do different this time than before::::::I normally use lustrasilk and ors in the cocktail and I've never used evco after a fresh shampoo and within my prepoo. I've used evco before but it was days after shampooing and I normally just use castor and evoo in my prepoo.

I checked my scalp and it's clean, no left over product. Not sure where to go from here. Should I rewash with regular poo, clarifying poo, or simply rinse? I tangle so badly that I hate having to poo again but I might have too to rid my scalp of this tender feeling.

Needless to say, there will be no more experimenting in my head!:nono:

Last edited:

30something

I use a lot of your products and I never had this problem, first time i ever used coconut oil i had a horrible burning reaction from it on my scalp. It never really happened again. Maybe its something like that

frizzy

I would lay off of the chemical products until I got rid of this sensation. I'm thinking wash, condition and put olive oil on the scalp.

You used a lot of products, you're probably allergic to one of those ingredients.

divachyk

I use a lot of your products and I never had this problem, first time i ever used coconut oil i had a horrible burning reaction from it on my scalp. It never really happened again. Maybe its something like that
I have that same burning feeling. I truly think it's the evco BECAUSE I also do the oil cleansing method (OCM) where you use oils to wash the face. So last night I went evco crazy and decided to throw in the evco in my oil rinse after reading comments from others that it (evco) did their skin some good. My face is always irritated and experiencing the burning sensation. So by default, I think it's the evco. I'm kinda afraid to use it again though. :look:

I would lay off of the chemical products until I got rid of this sensation. I'm thinking wash, condition and put olive oil on the scalp.

You used a lot of products, you're probably allergic to one of those ingredients.
I've used all the products before although I've never used together like I did last night. So it could be that the prods didn't mix well although I can use them separate of each other. The evco was the only new ingredient to my regimen....so it may be that.

Would poo/conditioner be considered chemical?

AFashionSlave

I was thinking the same thing. Wash with something very gentle, condition with one conditioner, and put olive oil on your scalp.

divachyk

I was thinking the same thing. Wash with something very gentle, condition with one conditioner, and put olive oil on your scalp.
Should that be a deep conditioner with heat or without heat or should it be a simple apply/rinse type conditioner? Thanks for chiming in.

frizzy

I have that same burning feeling. I truly think it's the evco BECAUSE I also do the oil cleansing method (OCM) where you use oils to wash the face. So last night I went evco crazy and decided to throw in the evco in my oil rinse after reading comments from others that it (evco) did their skin some good. My face is always irritated and experiencing the burning sensation. So by default, I think it's the evco. I'm kinda afraid to use it again though. :look:

I've used all the products before although I've never used together like I did last night. So it could be that the prods didn't mix well although I can use them separate of each other. The evco was the only new ingredient to my regimen....so it may be that.

Would poo/conditioner be considered chemical?

More than likely but depending on the ingredients. Use something with as few unpronounceable ingredients as possible, or a 'poo you have used before with no problems. Same for the conditioner. But for now, lay off of as many products as you can so your scalp can get back to normal.

BTW, it is very possible that you are allergic to coconut oil.

Yoshi3329

I get the same thing when I was with shampoo. (Aussie Moist). It has sulfates in it. So yeah, it dries my skin; shame, because my hair doesn't have a problem.

You should do a patch test on some of the products. That's how I found out about my shampoo not liking my skin.

AFashionSlave

Should that be a deep conditioner with heat or without heat or should it be a simple apply/rinse type conditioner? Thanks for chiming in.

I wouldn't use heat because your scalp is irritated. Just leave the conditioner on a few minutes and rinse with cool water. HTH!

SiobhanM

Maybe your doing to much?
I found a lot of my scalp issues went away when i just simplified my regimen. I used to use lots of products and lots of steps.
The combination of all those products could be causing the itchiness and tingles.