Bad experiences with Vitamins

Miz_Complexity

Hey ladies I don't know if someone started a thread about bad experiences with vitamins. I just want to tell you ladies be careful when taking a lot of vitamins. I broke out in hives from taking the wrong combination of vitamins. At first I was taking Flaxseed oil, evening primrose oil, MSM, Silica, Biotin, and Pantothenic Acid. I have been using this combination since December 2004. My hair was getting great results with this combination.

The last week of March 2005 I decided to change the combination of vitamins to include GNC Norishair Ultra. Then 3 day into taking the vitamins I broke out in hives all over my arms and legs. So I quit taking the vitamins for about a week and with a prescription of amoxicillin (antihistamine) I got better. The Doctor just explained to me I should be cautious when taking vitamins, He said it could have been toxic build up form not drinking enough water and trying to let the vitamins digest on there own. He also told me to try and space the vitamins out when taking high doses of vitamins. Drink a lot of water. That was one of the things I was not doing. I was slipping with the water.

Now everything is ok. I drink plenty of water and I put a lot of space in between the times I have to take my vitamins. I now take them at 8:00 am when I get up and 4:00 pm when I eat dinner. I am still taking GNC Norishair Ultra. I have been taking it for about 3 weeks, since the hives incident.

I am glad to say I have not gotten any more hives.

lowkeyhomie

I'm glad to hear that you're doing better. I stopped taking vitamins because my face would always break out, even if it was a simple multi-vitamin.

Mahalialee4

I take one 5000,g Puritan Pride biotin about ever second day and I take my MSM powder in 1/8 tsp. a day upping to twice a day to go to 1/4 etc. because I had problemms with detoxing from the MSM and breaking out from taking the full regiment of Biotin. Since I changed my timing and to am after breakfast and pm. after supper and by the way....I do not get the sick feeling anymore. I felt poisoned in the past. Make sure to take the Biotin with food and the MSM near food time. I also add my calcium to the MSM and juice or Black Currant concentrated drink (natural) or Mauby Drink. (West Indians will know what that is.) Hoe this helps

bluwatersoul

I had problems with biotin, as well. I didn' t realize that was the problem until I read someone else on this board talking about large, painful bumps on their face. I cut out the biotin, and no more problems. I was taking MSM, silica, biotin, GNC Ultranourishair, evening primrose, and flaxseed oil...I was already getting biotin in the GNC pills. And yeah, drink water....it really helps!