Which Sulfur product worked best for your hair growth?

Which sulfur product grew your hair?

• Sulu Max

Votes: 4 3.5%
  • Boundless Tresses

Votes: 15 13.3%
  • Bee Mine

Votes: 21 18.6%
  • MTG

Votes: 25 22.1%
  • Claudie's Elixir

Votes: 5 4.4%
  • Other

Votes: 43 38.1%

• Total voters

Blue_Berry

Which Sulfur product worked best for your hair growth? How much growth did you receive? If you tried any of the products on the list and didn't mark it as the best answers... Please explain why it did or didn't work for you.

Last edited:
Bee Mine. I've noticed some good growth (mixed with the summer spurt, I'd say about 2.5 inches). I did take a break with it. I'm going to get right back on the train and do it. It's worth a try, though.

RosesBlack

I use a few teaspoons of sulfur in with whatever oil mix I come up with and it keeps my scalp from being irritated (ugh skin allergies) and helps keep my growth a bit more steady.

NikkiQ

Only used Bee Mine for a little over a month and saw some NICE growth before my install. I'm still applying between my braids underneath so I hope in 3 months I'll have another 3 inches. That much closer to APL!!!

PEACHEY

MTG....MTG....MTG did i mention MTG

I first started using MTG about 4 years ago when it was the hype here on LHCF. I got growth but then jumped on another growth aid challenge that was getting a lot of buzz. Then another...then another...then another. Well after using the others faithfully, i kept comming back to the same thought: "MTG grew my hair better." So I went back to using it. Due to the smell, I just incorporated it into my weekly prepoos. Applied MTG to scalp and other oils on the strand. And i began to see a difference (not significant, but a difference). Well in March of this year, i realized the smell was not that bad for me and started applying it every other day. and WOW my hair went from a little past my shoulders to a few inches short of bra strap by the end of June. I pray my hair continue this growth with the MTG which should put me at my goal by the end of the year.

I will be posting pictures once i can get my old camera working so i can retrieve my starting pic

baddison

natural for good
Definitely Boundless Tresses Revitalizing Hair Balm. Used it twice per week on a wash days on a clean scalp. Got really great results with this. :yep:

BreeNique

I know this isn't a new question, could someone please tell me what mtg stands for?

Last edited:

NJoy

Here I grow again!
I voted other.

I thought MTG worked because I could feel it working but it was too stinky. I also tried Boundless Tresses but it didn't seem to do anything so I mixed in MTG but, that made THAT too stinky too. So, I decided to make my own with sublimed sulfur and stuck with that. Been happy ever since.

LushLox

I got some very good results with Bee Mine mixed with JBCO. In fact I need to put some on now...

make_me_over

Do you alter the smell in any way by using oils or anything else? How often do you use MTG?

I sometimes use peppermint EO, but I haven't found anything that can mask the smell without losing the potency so I just deal with it. I rinse and co wash it out most of the time. I was using it every night, but right now it's every other night.

Last edited:

CurlsBazillion

How do yall feel about Glover's Mane (liquid)? I saw some really good growth with that and I've been thinking about buying some and adding it to my scalp oil mixture.

CurlsBazillion

Prudent1 thanks for the info. I may not commit to a challenge but I am thinking about mixing sublimed sulfur with seasame oil and coconut oil. Is it just me or does those oils give yall mini growth spurts??? I'm not sure if my hair was gonna grow like that anyway or not :lol: