• MTG

Votes: 31 13.1%
  • MN

Votes: 76 32.2%
  • Other

Votes: 92 39.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Which growth Aid Do you use? And why do you prefer it over your other options?

BT (Boundless Tresses)

MTG (Main Tail ...sulfur)

MN (Miconazole nitrate)

Or some other concoction

silverlotus

I use patience and consistency :look:

Castor oil helps too :grin:

Yep, that's the best growth aid, along with a solid regimen. :lol:

To answer the OP, I don't use growth aids. Nothing seems to make my hair grow faster. Plus, it's too much trouble for me. :perplexed

Neith

BT made my hair grow really fast, but I couldn't take the smell. Everyone else said it smelled good, but I guess I'm just wierd about some things.

MN gives me good results too, but not as good as BT.

purity28

BT...I've only been using it for 3 weeks. Why? I just haven't tried any others. I figure I will start with this and see what happens.

The Poll results are unexpected to me! I am so glad I posted this thread :grin:

I am having second thoughts about MN, because I feel like it is making my scalp sore :nono:

But I have taken the Six Week MN challenge and I think I may just finsih it out...not sure yet

Jay

I voted other. I used to use BT but now I use another sulphur based oil from a woman on another forum. It's similar to BT but it has different ingredients.

Gee M.

Thanks SweetPea I just started using Castor Oil. Now I'll just have to use some patience and consistency.

Serenity_Peace

Genius never dies!
I'm on an essential oil kick, especially since my visit to my herbalist today:

Rosemary: how can we leave this out? Go out, get a bottle and add a few drops to your leave-in, and even some in your other growth aids (BT, MTG, etc.)

Geranium: the same applies. Excellent growth aid.

Eucalyptus: same...

Ylang, Ylang: same...

If you insist on using the Stanky Stuff, heretofore referred to MTG, then add some Peppermint and Lavendar.

Add Peppermint to all of your conditioners for the tingling sensation!

And ladies who are preggers, I think you shouldn't use Rosemary. Consult your doctor...

My topical growth aid: BT with a little rosemary (thanks, Naturallady :kiss:)

Internal growth aids: Andress Lessman HSN, Biotin, Pantothenic Acid, Alive Multivitamin, Flax Seed Oil

With that, drink at least 64 oz. of water daily, fruits and veggies, exercise 5 days a week, castor oil for thickness

AtlantaJJ

Rosemary: how can we leave this out? Go out, get a bottle and add a few drops to your leave-in, and even some in your other growth aids (BT, MTG, etc.)

If you insist on using the Stanky Stuff, heretofore referred to MTG, then add some Peppermint and Lavendar.

And ladies who are preggers, I think you shouldn't use Rosemary. Consult your doctor...

Internal growth aids: Andress Lessman HSN, Biotin, Pantothenic Acid, Alive Multivitamin, Flax Seed Oil

With that, drink at least 64 oz. of water daily, fruits and veggies, exercise 5 days a week, castor oil for thickness

This is awesome information - there are so many essential oils out there that I get all confused :tantrum: when I'm in the health food store and forget what to buy!!! Next time I'll take this list with me :)

ReddTweetyB

I try my best to stick with "my hair care regime" using several different oils, shampoo,and conditioner. One of the oils is my very own concoction that I call "Gro-Aut" oil because my hair seems grow out faster with this oil than any oil I have every tried.

mzcris

Lenzi's Request, Multivitamin, eating healthy, lots of water, and a consistent hair care regiment...although I must add when I stopped flat ironing my hair and started rollersetting my hair on a weekly basis...my hair grew at a maximum speed...

tallnomad

i've added either peppermint or rosemary oil to mtg. my almost 3-week old cornrows are swimming on the top of my head. i have tight wavy little afros underneath each braid. i've been oiling my scalp daily in addition to juicing, eating well and taking vitamins.

You are sooo....right....

I have started looking at essential oils. And I have also decided to keep using MN...I think I really have my mix down and I get ZERO headache and ZERO soreness (it took me a while to my something that evidently works).

SignatureBeauty

I have used MTG a couple years ago and it gave some growth but not enough for me to keep using it, It stunk really bad. I used BT but I never saw the faster growth and plus the Sulfur smell got to me and I had the scented, maybe I am sensitive to it. Right now I am using Claudies Growth Elixar she is from BHM and she has some sulfur as well as some nice essential oils in her mix and it smells pretty good, But I don't get no faster growth from the aides,They just work good on my scalp and my itchies. But My hair just grows how it wants to LOL!!!

wheezy807

I use BT, very inconsistently though. I just started back using it yesterday hoping to finish the bottle before next year. No preference on one over the other, before i had never used a growth aid before. I just happened to see BT and decided i wasn't too scaried to try this one.

tricie

Thanks, Nicole1976!

I looked and found that I have geranium and ecalyptus (perppermint, too), from trying to make some other essential oil concoction; will try these in my leave ins and growth aids!

BTW, I use BT and MN; it's too soon to tell if the MN works, but the BT works like a charm (thanks, NL)!

bravenewgirl87

Usually I use Lenzi's Request.

However, Right now I am doing scalp massages with Komaza Care Hair Nourishment Oil, ylang ylang, coconut oil and rosemary oil.

I also order Growth Specfics Grease.

nakialovesshoes

Okay now @ least I know I'm not crazy or the only one. I've been using MN every other night for about a week or so & my scalp is sore, too. Not unbearable but still noticeable. But I thought I saw Sareca or some other hair guru on here say that a tight scalp was a sign of growth. :ohwell:

The Poll results are unexpected to me! I am so glad I posted this thread :grin:

I am having second thoughts about MN, because I feel like it is making my scalp sore :nono:

But I have taken the Six Week MN challenge and I think I may just finsih it out...not sure yet