woman's perception of 4a vs 4b... will you agree..

oneastrocurlie

Im really looking forward to my journey but this hair typing stuff is so confusing smh lol

I keep my hair type on the back burner. Whether my hair likes certain ingredients, what styling methods work, what it doesn't like is more important to me. :)

If you think about it products aren't labeled for "3a" or "4b". More like dry, damaged, and frizzy lol.

Shay72

Natural, 4A
I think hair typing comes in handy when people ask questions like how did you get your hair to look like that? How do you get it to curl like that? My answer is always it grows out of my head like this and if they're interested I share a bit of my regi. It helped when one of my staff decided to go natural because of me. She transitioned, big chopped, then said I wish I had your same curl pattern. She's 4c. I took the opportunity to talk to her about hair typing. The good thing is she's still natural. So to me, hair typing does have its place.

When it comes to hair products I'm thinking of me being high porosity with fine strands. Not the fact that I'm 4a.