Relaxed Hair Thread

pre_medicalrulz

It Always Been About Hair!
sckri23 said:
Ok another thread made me wonder how do you wear super long hair straight ? Like to you have to use a head band or does it have to be in a style or have a bend? Or can it be straight?

Like when im in a hurry I dont bother with styles I just comb out and go. If I had MBL or longer hair could I do that without looking like a hippy or cousin it??

Sent from my SCH-I500 using LHCF

lolololo cousin IT! I think it would look hot if your ends are blunt & not all over the place. Long hair w/ uneven ends can make a person look unclean. :-/

sunnieb

pre_medicalrulz said:
lolololo cousin IT! I think it would look hot if your ends are blunt & not all over the place. Long hair w/ uneven ends can make a person look unclean. :-/

Hence my impromptu chop back to APL last month. I'm already eyeballin' how much I'm cutting the next time I relax. :yep:

Sent from my Comet using LHCF

mschristine

I'm not happy with my hair. The front is beautiful and healthy and thrives while the back is just broken and full of splits and just all types of wrong. The back is thinning really bad an I don't know how to fix it. I flat ironed today for the first time in over a month because I knew I needed to snip my ends a little bit. I bought some new shears and I took my time and was just disgusted with the back of my hair. I don't have a long ponytail by any means but the little bit I have I want to cut it off. I cut a some of the back down but I think I need a drastic cut...maybe an inverted bob or something...a new start...this is a pic of how much I cut today

image-1297547516.jpg

sckri23

healthy2008 said:
I'm not happy with my hair. The front is beautiful and healthy and thrives while the back is just broken and full of splits and just all types of wrong. The back is thinning really bad an I don't know how to fix it. I flat ironed today for the first time in over a month because I knew I needed to snip my ends a little bit. I bought some new shears and I took my time and was just disgusted with the back of my hair. I don't have a long ponytail by any means but the little bit I have I want to cut it off. I cut a some of the back down but I think I need a drastic cut...maybe an inverted bob or something...a new start...this is a pic of how much I cut today

The back of my hair is like that too but its because im too lazy to finish my daily hair matinence

Cattypus1

All loced up...
healthy2008 said:

What do do you do with your hair while you sleep? Whatever my style for the upcoming day I sleep with a loose scrunchied ponytail as high up on top of my head as I can get it and cover with a silk bonnet. Granddaughter says I have a flower on top of my head-LOL! It's not cute but it works to keep the style alive.

mschristine

Cattypus1 said:
What do do you do with your hair while you sleep? Whatever my style for the upcoming day I sleep with a loose scrunchied ponytail as high up on top of my head as I can get it and cover with a silk bonnet. Granddaughter says I have a flower on top of my head-LOL! It's not cute but it works to keep the style alive.

I bun it with a couple of bobby pins and then tie a silk scarf on..I don't know what to do about it. Should I just cut the back down and start all over?

Cattypus1

All loced up...
healthy2008 said:
I bun it with a couple of bobby pins and then tie a silk scarf on..I don't know what to do about it. Should I just cut the back down and start all over?

Are you bunning with some kind of ponytail holder? Is it in the same place very time? The guy who cuts my hair said he could tell when I was wearing a ponytail because I was somehow wearing my hair off on a specific place. Maybe that is what's happening.

mschristine

Cattypus1 said:
Are you bunning with some kind of ponytail holder? Is it in the same place very time? The guy who cuts my hair said he could tell when I was wearing a ponytail because I was somehow wearing my hair off on a specific place. Maybe that is what's happening.

No, i just use bobby pins...it's pretty loose so there is no tension issues...the back has been messed up for a while but I thought if I continued healthy hair practices it would be okay but it's still very messed up back there...smh

sckri23

Just took a pic to see how bad the back of my head looks and im disgusted. The front of my hair is beautiful so im cutting my normal maintenance down for that part and focusing on just the back. It might take out a month of my journey but oh well, I need this.

Last edited:

beauti

ladies please help! quick question: I'm relaxing my hair within the hour :spinning: BUT i wore a bun yesterday with my sides gelled down. can I still relax with the gel in my hair? should i rinse it off and blow dry first???

bebezazueta

beauti said:
ladies please help! quick question: I'm relaxing my hair within the hour :spinning: BUT i wore a bun yesterday with my sides gelled down. can I still relax with the gel in my hair? should i rinse it off and blow dry first???

Hey lady! I would not relax with gel in my hair. Can you do a cowash & wait 3 days to relax?

beauti

@Nix08 and bebezazueta thank you for your prompt replies! Honestly I'm gonna be a daredevil and do it anyway :blush: my hair has been a nightmare and today is the only day i can relax, or else wait another week! :tantrum: my hair is not hard from the gel (eco olive oil) i will just comb it through and do the darn thing. Fingers crossed i dont go bald :look:

Nix08

Relaxed, 4B
ACTUALLY beauti I know when my girlfriend goes to her salon to get her touch up they wet her hair before doing the relaxer...so maybe just wet that area and proceed with caution:grin:

beauti

Nix08 yes i plan on doing that area last, its the very front of my hair where I've been rocking a swoop and also my edges. I will just comb it out and will be greasing my scalp with vaseline as a precaution! thanks again for replying and i will let you know how it turns out!

FelaShrine

Used Silk Elements shea butter last week. I really like the results. My previous was Linage shea butter.

Girls what do yall do to your hair the next time you wash/style after a TU. detailed week after TU regime please :lol:

beauti

pre_medicalrulz no u didnt call me out! :lol: girl we all dont have good growth like you. WL might be in the forseeable future but it aint tonight! :lol: im still in my dc cap and still got coloring,blow drying,and flat ironing to do. Will def post pics by tomorrow

Jaffa2300

Hello,
I'm new to the forum..I joined ages ago but never got round to posting.
After having my hair in weaves for almost 4 years I finally decided to take them out last month.
Unfortunately I've had some breakage at the back, but I used the Aphogee 2 step treatment and that has stopped.
My main issues are:
1. I just moved from the UK to Australia, and I'm struggling to find a US based website for products, which does international deliveries, any advice / links would be appreciated.

2. My scalp is super -dry, although to be honest, I've not been drinking enough- currently guzzling a huge amount of water to make up for it..... Would you recommend using a leave-in like neutrogena triple moisture or Giovanni direct( I want to order this) and seal with oil?

3. Phytosecific relaxer no.1 leaves my hair texlaxed and my hair at the back being in weaves mostlly before, is very bushy at the ends, any tips on getting this straighter? I am refusing to use flat irons at the moment.

Sorry I have loads of questions, but I haven't had a hair regimen at all ever...I only discovered co-washing existed a few months back!
Thanks for any advice.

lovebug10

I had the same issue and I relaxed yesterday. I just kinda brushed any gel out. Honestly, relaxer is stronger than the gel. i highly doubt it will cause negative effects or prevent your relaxer from taking.

hothair

Im so proud of myself I made my own cleansing conditioner!!!

Oh nice. How did you do that?

I caved in today and gave myself a deep trim some areas p to 2 inches off. I didn't like the look of my ends, I have a lot of new growth but I think I'm back to bsl now.

Straightening next week for the first time in almost 2 months I have an event to attend so should give a good idea of my current length, I just hope it's a lot fuller and blunter on the ends.

beauti

okay ladies i'm at work but here is the pics. i will list what i used once i get home. I relaxed with Alter Ego Linange. HANDS DOWN BEST RELAXER EVERRRR!!!!

Attachments

• photo 2.JPG
    photo 2.JPG
    29.1 KB · Views: 69
  • photo 5.JPG
    photo 5.JPG
    9.8 KB · Views: 60
  • photo 6.JPG
    photo 6.JPG
    9.6 KB · Views: 58
  • photo 7.JPG
    photo 7.JPG