PJ ALERT! GO GET YOUR GVP FLAT IRON!!! (review:Pic Heavy)

crlsweetie912

Hey ladies. I just had to review my new love,
Sally's GVP flat iron!

I got it about a month ago when it was on sale and I had a coupon. I think I paid about 42.00 for it. I got the pink on and I am IN LOVE :love:

Ok, here's my freshly shampooed, lightly blow dried hair. A HOT MESS! My hair is about 4b, coarse and REALLY THICK! I am growing out a cut that I had in August that was really layered and choppy (it was about ear length at it's longest layer). MT works MIRACLES FOR ME!:grin:

I only put a little Chi Silk Fusion and a tiny bit of Redken butter treat in my hair before I blow dried.
Starting in the back, I take a little less than 1 inch sections because my hair is hella thick. The flat iron was maybe 350-380 degrees. (it's hard to tell on the iron, because there are no exact numbers for every temp) Before ironing, I spray each section with a little spray of Beyond the Zone heat protectant...

This is a comparison of a section of hair flat ironed with only ONE PASS as opposed to the hair that hasn't been ironed....:blush:

This is the whole first section ironed. It's so silky, shiny and bouncy. And this is with only ONE PASS! You don't have to go over each section 50-11 times to get it silky straight...

This is the finished product....

This is the next day after pin curling for the night.

This is my first flat iron after I got it. I can see some growth. That was only a month ago!:grin:

My hair isn't long by any strech of the imagination, but this flatiron is the BUSINESS! My hair turned out so silky and shiny and bouncy. I LOVE it! If anybody is on the fence, this is the flat iron for you. Some may not be able to afford a CHI or FHI, this is a WONDERFUL flat iron to have in your arsenal! I hope this review helps someone!:grin:

LadyD

Nice! I'm in the market for a new flat iron too. Maxiglide broke after 5 uses.:perplexed

beans4reezy

Hey ladies. I just had to review my new love,
Sally's GVP flat iron!

I got it about a month ago when it was on sale and I had a coupon. I think I paid about 42.00 for it. I got the pink on and I am IN LOVE :love:

Ok, here's my freshly shampooed, lightly blow dried hair. A HOT MESS! My hair is about 4b, coarse and REALLY THICK! I am growing out a cut that I had in August that was really layered and choppy (it was about ear length at it's longest layer). MT works MIRACLES FOR ME!:grin:

I only put a little Chi Silk Fusion and a tiny bit of Redken butter treat in my hair before I blow dried.
Starting in the back, I take a little less than 1 inch sections because my hair is hella thick. The flat iron was maybe 350-380 degrees. (it's hard to tell on the iron, because there are no exact numbers for every temp) Before ironing, I spray each section with a little spray of Beyond the Zone heat protectant...

This is a comparison of a section of hair flat ironed with only ONE PASS as opposed to the hair that hasn't been ironed....:blush:

This is the whole first section ironed. It's so silky, shiny and bouncy. And this is with only ONE PASS! You don't have to go over each section 50-11 times to get it silky straight...

This is the finished product....

This is the next day after pin curling for the night.

This is my first flat iron after I got it. I can see some growth. That was only a month ago!:grin:

My hair isn't long by any strech of the imagination, but this flatiron is the BUSINESS! My hair turned out so silky and shiny and bouncy. I LOVE it! If anybody is on the fence, this is the flat iron for you. Some may not be able to afford a CHI or FHI, this is a WONDERFUL flat iron to have in your arsenal! I hope this review helps someone!:grin:

Wow! This is so funny, I was talking to my girlfriend about having to budget to get a CHI iron. She told me not to waste my money and go get myself the Sally's GVP. She has pretty thick hair ansd she swears by it. Now after seeing this post, I am definently off to buy. It did an AMAZING job on your hair!!!

Chameleonchick

Good job, yeah that flat iron is great. I got it when it was on sale for 49 and used a code and it went down to 42.

noemi

Your hair is BLINGING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It is soo healthy!!

I wish I would've known about this before I bought a Maxiglide....I still might buy it to compare.

Dposh167

isnt a GREAT flat iron!....i would recommend it to anyone. Some days it does better than my solia. It gets closer to my scalp when im flat ironing my ng. I love it

leona2025

See now it just shows me my technique sucks. I bought this same iron and my hair never looks this good. What heat seating do you use?

lovelymissyoli

Your hair turned out great! :yep: I also have that flat iron and if I'm not mistaken, I believe one of the ladies on here found out that it's actually an older FHI iron in disguise.

ryanshope

Your hair looks amazing; I have the lilac one(it was out last year during Easter) but I use my Sedu or Deep Brillance irons more--I may have to break it out during Valentine's Day weekend to see how well my hair responds.

I don't use it often because I was always concerned about the paint/color flaking off...but I think it is baked in..idk.

Sashaa08

Pretty!! I saw the GVP on my last trip to Sally's but wasn't sure how it would perform on my hair. Thanks for sharing!!!

Essensual

Dat GVP flatiron IIIIISSSS da bizness! I had the fuschia one just die on me recently and I thought I would go bonkers!! I have the Vidal Sasson Answers for coarse hair flatiron as well. It did a decent job, but I prefer the plates on the GVP (and mine has the numeric temperature dial up to 410 degrees) so I may have to replace it if I cannot get it repaired. I love me some GVP products fa real!

GVP plates are rounded or curved.
VS Plates are rectangular with distinct edges.

P.S. Ya tresses so bright I gotta wear shades!

crlsweetie912

it came out really nice! I will probably get one soon...I wish I had a cupon for that jammy!

Girl Sally's always has coupons!!! Check www.retailmenot.com

Wow! This is so funny, I was talking to my girlfriend about having to budget to get a CHI iron. She told me not to waste my money and go get myself the Sally's GVP. She has pretty thick hair ansd she swears by it. Now after seeing this post, I am definently off to buy. It did an AMAZING job on your hair!!!
DO IT!!!! :sekret:
Thank you for the compliment.

Good job, yeah that flat iron is great. I got it when it was on sale for 49 and used a code and it went down to 42.

:yep:
That's how much I got mine for too!

Your hair is BLINGING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It is soo healthy!!

I wish I would've known about this before I bought a Maxiglide....I still might buy it to compare.

Thanks, I swear, your hair would be the BOMB with this iron. I would pass out seeing your hair flatironed with this....
I got the maxiglide when it was on sale and it was a waste of my money..:nono:

isnt a GREAT flat iron!....i would recommend it to anyone. Some days it does better than my solia. It gets closer to my scalp when im flat ironing my ng. I love it

I love it so..:love:

Beautiful. This'll be quite an effective testimonial.

Thank you Healthy...I know some ladies were on the fence, but this is an EXCELLENT iron for such a low price.

See now it just shows me my technique sucks. I bought this same iron and my hair never looks this good. What heat seating do you use?

It was between about 350-380. The dial doesn't show exact temps. I probably could have even set it a little lower.

Your hair is GORGEOUS! Awesome job!

Thanks Wheezy! I love finding a good buy on the cheap.

Your hair looks amazing; I have the lilac one(it was out last year during Easter) but I use my Sedu or Deep Brillance irons more--I may have to break it out during Valentine's Day weekend to see how well my hair responds.

I don't use it often because I was always concerned about the paint/color flaking off...but I think it is baked in..idk.

Ooh, a purple one...:love:
There's not a scratch on mine. I haven't had it that long though, but it does look like the finish is baked on.

Damn! Im on the No Buy Challenge!

Don't you get a pass on a challenge? :sekret:

SUPER SWEET

I love that iron too. Your hair looks sooooooo silky, I just want to touch it. And i see your makeup lookin cute.

NYAmicas

Seeker
Thank you so much! Your hair looked great! I've been going back and forth but I think I've made my choice now!

Serenity_Peace

Genius never dies!
BLING, BLING, BLING!!!! IT'S GORGEOUS!! :wow::wow:

I spent on that dayuum money on the Maxiglide and hadn't used it but once. But when I did use it, it didn't get my hair straight. I had to turn that thing up, which I hate, because I don't use heat, anyway. I'll look into this one just to have a flatiron in my stash in case I need it. I won't be using heat for a long time, though.

How much does it cost?

bermudabeauty

I bought this a few days ago and I don't like it I am going to return it today. I tell you why I didn't like it. I had to go over my relaxed hair a billion times. and it still wasn't straight. It also snagged my hair I lost hairs with this flat iron between the plates. I spent 59 for it. Maybe I had the heat too low. But on my other flat iron I would never have to put it on high to get my hair straightened. Your hair came out cute by the way