How much heat protectant do u use when u flat iron??

When I flat ironed my hair previously I would spray a ton of heat protector ( Fantasia IC spray) in my dry hair then iron and very often the iron would sizzle becuz of the moisture and i think i developed some bubble hair from this.. and this method also made my hair flat. Now i recently flat ironed again i used less spray and i only sprayed my wet hair and it came out full and shiny. I was wondering, was i using too much b4? or do u need a lot to protect the hair from the iron,, do u spritz every section or all over? HELP:ohwell:

LovelyLionessa

I understand what you mean about the dreaded sizzle effect when using water based heat protectants. The best results I have had are when on my clean wet/damp hair I apply a water based heat protectant, Hask Straight Solutions, (which is kinda like a gel) throughout my hair and airdry. Then when I go to flat iron, I spritz each section lightly with my Beyond the Zone Turn up the Heat spray, which is silicone based, water free and smells like cotton candy. :lick:

When I have tried using water based products just before flat ironing, I'd get the sizzle effect. Not good. :nono:

hth :)

I mustve been really using too much becuz i got the sizzle with a silicone based serum/spray LOLi think that causees bubble hair to form.. I just anna be sure that im not using too little, how do i know what the right amount is cuz i hate weighed down hair:ohwell: , sorry if i seem weird,, im on pms and i can barely think strait, stillneed to know this though lol

LovelyLionessa

Ravenhairbellydancer said:
I mustve been really using too much becuz i got the sizzle with a silicone based serum/spray LOLi think that causees bubble hair to form.. I just anna be sure that im not using too little, how do i know what the right amount is cuz i hate weighed down hair:ohwell: , sorry if i seem weird,, im on pms and i can barely think strait, stillneed to know this though lol

I hear ya girl! PMS or no pms, any hair issues are enough to drive anyone a little bonkers, LOL. I know I have obssessed about my hair enough, believe me. :lol:

When I use the silicone spray I do spray it lightly on my hair and I spray it from maybe 6 inches away as recommended on the bottle. It is a good idea IMO opinion to apply something on wet/damp hair also because it has time to absorb better and it can be more easilly distributed throughout the hair with the additional moisture present. :cool:

ok sounds good to me, ill continue the wet hair spraying method and then if my hair feels dry ill spray a little on dry hair to smooth it,, thanx:)

Nita81

I use Blended Beauty straight pearl when I flat iron. I really like this product.....no cones.

LovelyLionessa

Ravenhairbellydancer said:
ok sounds good to me, ill continue the wet hair spraying method and then if my hair feels dry ill spray a little on dry hair to smooth it,, thanx:)

Your welcome, good luck! ;)