Curlformers

toaster

I ordered the EWEL set from the curlformers website. They should be arriving at my apartment the same day I'll be back from my holiday vacation. I hope 1 pack will be enough! I'm only using it to stretch my hair for bigger, fluffier, buns and not the actual curls. Will probably order another set sometime next month for the actual curly look.

Funmiloves

I use curlformers mainly to stretch my hair, I wear the style for about 2 days only. Here is my most recent curlformers set.

*I use non branded curlformers, that I bought on Ebay

Attachments

• Curlformers2014.jpg
    Curlformers2014.jpg
    154.2 KB · Views: 269

yellagirl730

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sleeping in Curlformers is so uncomfortable, I keep dh awake with all my tossing and turning. Have you ladies seen the dryer that attaches to your blow dryer? I bought one at Sally's and it dries the hair pretty fast, just have to figure out what to do so they won't flatten when sleeping because I refuse to sleep with them in my hair.

HairPleezeGrow

Natural.MediumFine.3c.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sleeping in Curlformers is so uncomfortable, I keep dh awake with all my tossing and turning. Have you ladies seen the dryer that attaches to your blow dryer? I bought one at Sally's and it dries the hair pretty fast, just have to figure out what to do so they won't flatten when sleeping because I refuse to sleep with them in my hair.

I'm telling you sleeping in them is the debil!

mzteaze

Pilates and Yoga Kinda Gal
I just purchased some from the ebay link provided. I will probably be back with questions...lol

shortt29

image-580744352.jpg New Year's Curlformer set. All set in under 40 mins...it has gotten so much easier to apply them now that I'm all natural and my hair doesn't tangle as quickly

Attachments

• image-749275662.jpg
    image-749275662.jpg
    53.9 KB · Views: 150

jazzyto

I have some but cant seem to get the curls to last more than a day. Thinking about using them before flat ironing instead of blowdrying. anybody use them like that??

DarkJoy

Bent. Not Broken.
I have some but cant seem to get the curls to last more than a day. Thinking about using them before flat ironing instead of blowdrying. anybody use them like that??

Yes jazzyto. And if you make the parts small enough it get reeeaaaally straight. That could mean using lower heat.

APrayer4Hair

Soooo I finally use my curl formers (knock-offs) today and will be sleeping in them. I applied on dry hair and combed Each section, apply Jane Carter twist and wrap foam and oyin bsp. I Must've done something wrong because 58 rollers only covered the back section :ohwell: I'll get creative with the front.

image-4109779632.jpg

image-433913236.jpg

I will update this post with the results.

HairPleezeGrow

Natural.MediumFine.3c.
Soooo I finally use my curl formers (knock-offs) today and will be sleeping in them. I applied on dry hair and combed Each section, apply Jane Carter twist and wrap foam and oyin bsp. I Must've done something wrong because 58 rollers only covered the back section :ohwell: I'll get creative with the front. I will update this post with the results.

Can't wait to see your finished look

Sent from my iPad using LHCF

APrayer4Hair

My results: hated it....I definitely will wait until I have enough for full head

image-4277181854.jpg

image-3910448768.jpg

image-820550359.jpg

The back was nice but the front was a hot mess

BonBon

Would I have to use gel if I was only using curlformers for stretching?

I don't actually want to wear the curls (at the moment) and hate gel in my hair.

ronie

My results: hated it....I definitely will wait until I have enough for full head The back was nice but the front was a hot mess
APrayer4Hair, your hair came out beautiful: looks soft, shiny, and bouncy. What did you use to set your hair?
I know what you mean about the front. I have the same issue with most out styles right now. The front does not hang low enough, to make it look cute. I usually pin the front down like you did, or in a pompadour or something. Anyways I love it.

ronie

APrayer4Hair, your hair came out beautiful: looks soft, shiny, and bouncy. What did you use to set your hair? I know what you mean about the front. I have the same issue with most out styles right now. The front does not hang low enough, to make it look cute. I usually pin the front down like you did, or in a pompadour or something. Anyways I love it.
Never mind, I went back send read your post. I have this wrap lotion, but never used it. You've inspired me to try this. I will use one of my butter mix in place of the Oyin bsp. I may do this instead of a flat iron for valentines.

freckledface

I tried for the first time and it was a complete fail. My hair won't go through at all. It's stuck not sure what I'm doing wrong. Any help would be appreciated.

AJellyCake

freckledface

If you're having trouble getting your hair through, the section might be too big. I know I've grabbed too large of a section when I can't get it through the Curlformer. If I split it in half, it's usually much easier.

Also, are you twisting the root? This makes it easier for me to latch the hook onto my hair.

uofmpanther

4ab, lopo, fine, low-med density
freckledface

If you're having trouble getting your hair through, the section might be too big. I know I've grabbed too large of a section when I can't get it through the Curlformer. If I split it in half, it's usually much easier.

Also, are you twisting the root? This makes it easier for me to latch the hook onto my hair.

Both of these were my issue the first time I tried, especially making the sections too big.

girlonfire

I have 72 of the barrel (EW,EL) CF's (24 are bootleg) and I'm enjoying them. The curls are great and last all day, which is good enough for me.

How much did all 72 cost? Do theu only last 1 day? If so, do you try to salvage it or just do new style? If they do last longer than 1 day,.how do you preserve? Pin curls?

girlonfire

I want to get some curlformers for my senior prom coming up but i can't decide on the size! I saw mariaantoinette on yt use the spiral ones an i liked her look but there aren't many naturals w/ videos on the barrel ones. I might even consider the corkscrew ones, but there's like 2 vids on that one and i think they're both relaxed