Hair Growth and Weight Loss Challenge 2015

Lovely_Lady82

@apple_natural Gardening is something I always wanted to get into, but I've never actually grown my own food-sounds fun. I say do it!

@HairPleezeGrow Hope you're leg is doing better and you're able to get back in the swing of things.

@Ajna Congrats on making it to the 140's and the inches lost. My stomach is my biggest problem area, but after reading your post I realized that I rarely work on my abs. You're right, it's funny how that works.

Exercise check in:
4/13/15: 45 min Zumba class
4/14/15: 45 min Zumba class
Tomorrow I'll do the total body workout that came with the 21DF. I need to do this first thing in the morning or it won't get done.
I weighed in yesterday at 211 lbs :(

Prettymetty

Natural/4b/medium-coarse
I did a 10 minute interval bike workout that kicked my butt. It's like I have a trainer with me. I watch a guy named Adrian on YT and he promises 10lbs in 10 days with his 10 min workout. The afterburn is what gets the fat off. I weighed in at 161.5 this morning :)

naptime

I just discovered a trail by my new job! Its about 2 miles and I've been heading out during my lunch. So happy I've found a way to keep working out.

My hair is about 12 weeks post and very floofy, lol. It seems happy though, so I'll keep with my plan of relaxing twice a year.

apple_natural

You can totally do container gardening - the easiest are tomatoes, lettuce, cucumbers, swiss chard and zuchini/squash.

The garlic will be a problem typically we plant it in fall then harvest in June at least on the east coast and onions have a lot of root they get really long.

I did a lettuce bowl for a friend who had surgery it was pretty and she said it lasted about two months

Good job on being under 150! I'll be excited when I even get to 150 anything lol

Thanks for the pot gardening tips!! Of course I have a million and one ideas. I'm still working on options for my zone, when to start each, etc...

I typed all the above a couple of days ago and it didn't post

Lovely_Lady82

Daily check in: 45 min Lift and Load class. I substituted the class for the total body workout with the 21DF. My quads are already sore and it's only been a few hours since the class!

apple_natural

Hubby and I jogged 4.2 miles Tuesday !!! 13:53 average pace which is improvement from my 15 minute average. This is the second time getting 13 minute average. yayyy

Ive been changing things up workout schedule wise. Im kind of doing what makes me happy. I'm blending my half marathon training with this 12 week strength program called Jamie Eason Live Fit (From bodybuilding.Com).. and on Saturdays I may do a T25 or Insanity workout.

I'm losing my running pal hubby some days. It's okie. He wants to do more weights, so he's going to follow a different schedule some days and we will be using this new gym at his work those days.

Hair: I did an acv rinse Tuesday night. I want to try a hot oil treatment Saturday

Ajna

Good job on being under 150! I'll be excited when I even get to 150 anything lol

Thanks for the pot gardening tips!! Of course I have a million and one ideas. I'm still working on options for my zone, when to start each, etc...

I typed all the above a couple of days ago and it didn't post

Anytime! The only suggestion I have for you is buy the plants and don't start from seeds it will give you a chance to work out what you need to do for growth without having the stress of seeds that did not take or are a bit limp.

Prettymetty

Natural/4b/medium-coarse
I logged something wrong so I actually have 245 calories remaining today. I'm not sure what to eat though. Either hi protein yogurt with strawberries or a grilled ck salad with acv...

Lovely_Lady82

Daily check in: 45min Zumba class, I also stayed for line dancing afterwards. My quads are super sore today. I need to go grocery shopping and meal prep, because my eating has not been on plan. I will do that tomorrow.

TwistedRoots

Back2Life Back2ReLaxer!
Hello ladies! I've been so busy and so slack not dropping weight as fast but nonetheless I'm still dropping. 144.4 lbs 14 more to go! Eating habits go from great to girl you know better on the same day but still watch portions. Haven't worked out in a while so to be losing still is a blessing. Posting my starting pic for this thread (2/25) and a pic I took yesterday (4/16).image.jpg

Prettymetty

Natural/4b/medium-coarse
I ended up eating grilled chicken and green beans last night (210 calories).

Now I'm at the gym. I will do a quick interval workout and then head home. I'm going shopping later so that will add more miles to my pedometer...

Prettymetty

Natural/4b/medium-coarse
I didn't exercise today so I am staying under my calories. I did buy a new pushup sports bra and 2 new tanks with gym pants. One of my tanks says "I won't quit until I'm fit" I think I'll wear that one tomorrow...

TwistedRoots

Back2Life Back2ReLaxer!
@TwistedRoots Your before and after is amazing! I'm so nervous to post my before picture on here but I know it would help motivate me.

Quick 25min cardio workout in my basement to get back into the swing of things. Multitasking at it's finest since i'm also DC'in my hair.

Thank you! Don't be scared girl! At the time I was quite embarrassed I still am in some regards. But I'm serious about losing the weight so I kind of needed that to motivate me. You'll do fine with or without. I use that picture and a picture from two years ago when I thought my weight was "out of line"... Boy was I wrong. I'd give anything to be the before I was then lol

apple_natural

@TwistedRoots Awesome progress!keep up the great work!

speaking of before photos, that's all I got done this weekend. That's ok. I can't be pulled down by a few bad days. I'm hoping to start up again tomorrow.

I need backup workouts in case I can't make it to the gym.

TwistedRoots

Back2Life Back2ReLaxer!
As the weather is changing I'm finding it harder to manage my hair...Which is odd. Before it was so much easier to deal with warm weather hair. I wish I had enough to put in braids. Starting over was refreshing but I'm over this little hair lol. And I'm not okay with wigs my hair line doesn't do well with them. OAN: The weather also makes my friends want to go on patios and drink... I had to just give up alcohol. Empty calories just can't cut it in my plan.

Oh and thanks!!! @GettingKinky I'm trying to get this together.

TwistedRoots

Back2Life Back2ReLaxer!
@apple_natural
Thank you!! Is your neighborhood jogging/running friendly? Maybe you can do that and jump roping.

We have game consoles so I do Zumba on the old XBOX kinect. When I had a personal trainer she recommended me doing that or insanity when I didn't see her/ if I didn't make it to the gym.

Last edited:

Prettymetty

Natural/4b/medium-coarse
Thanks @TwistedRoots! I'm trying... I plan to post a new update pic every 5-10 lbs.

I just had broccoli and chicken parmesan with diced tomatoes and habaneros. I'm stuffed and lunch was only 380 calories!

Breakfast was 2 egg beaters, 2 slices of Sara Lee Delightful toast, teaspoon of grape jelly and a cup of greek yogurt (320 calories). Home cooked food is much more filling and lower on calories than restaurant food.

ClassyJSP

Was able to get a quick 20 min workout in this morning. I'll do some light yoga tonight to stretch out. Weighed in this morning at 150.8

Prettymetty

Natural/4b/medium-coarse
Was able to get a quick 20 min workout in this morning. I'll do some light yoga tonight to stretch out. Weighed in this morning at 150.8
When I get to 150 I might just throw myself a party. I have been in the 165 range for at least a year. All I want for my bday in June is to be 150 or less.