Hair Growth and Weight Loss Challenge 2015

cynd

Ok. Well let that be your last rationalization against yourself. It's a new week. Time to get to the gym.

Let us pray... I have a doctor's appointment today and she LOVES to weigh me and smile when I've gained weight, so I'm sure I'll leave in a state of depression, but hopefully that will also get me out of this self-sabotaging cycle I'm stuck in.

cynd

Just got back from my doctor's appt. I knew I had gained a little but I was not ready to hear I've gained 14 lbs in 6 months!!!:cry: At this rate, I'll need the jaws of life to get out of the door soon. If this isn't the wakeup call I needed, I don't know what is.

apple_natural

Went to the gym today! I did 10k cycling! That's over 6 miles. It only took me a little under thirty minutes, so I didn't think I was really getting a workout. I did the sit back one where you just push your legs. It has something to hold onto, but I was going faster than my arms would have been comfortable going.

Came home and hubby kindly suggested I do my T25 since I didn't do this morning and I was up for it because the cycling machine said I lost 300 calories, but I probably ate that back with these dried fruits. I didn't know they had sugar in them, but I was already eating them by the time I read it. Also, I learned I love dried coconut, so I kept eating -_-... dont judge

I did the T25 Total Body Circuit! I kept on going as much as I could, but I hate those crawl planks lol. I tried.

hareluvah

Ladies, I have been MIA. I don't even know the last time I posted. I am still at the same weight as when I started this challenge. I know myself and my excuses and just need to suck it up and accept that I have to drastically change my diet because I am not able to work out how I would like to (due to my hip injury).

I have been peeking in and am so encouraged by you ladies that are sticking to your mini goals and larger goals and getting it done.

Getting back on the wagon...

apple_natural

Ladies, I have been MIA. I don't even know the last time I posted. I am still at the same weight as when I started this challenge. I know myself and my excuses and just need to suck it up and accept that I have to drastically change my diet because I am not able to work out how I would like to (due to my hip injury).

I have been peeking in and am so encouraged by you ladies that are sticking to your mini goals and larger goals and getting it done.

Getting back on the wagon...

That's good to hear. .or see.

Im learning that success isn't necessarily going hard core and getting results in a short amount of time. even if we do that, we'll just gain it all back if we didn't also add exercise into our regular lives. I'm trying for long term fitness. I dont want to have to focus on weight loss again. To get there, I first thought if what place exercise could regularly stay in my schedule for the week and throughout the year.

Now, I'm focusing on maintaining that schedule instead of thinking about pounds. Also, I want to do half marathons. Preparing for that distracts me from weight lost and helps me focus on using the right gear (for as cheap as I can find), getting the right form during workout to prevent injury, eating the right food and stretching. Its helping...so far... not to get so overwhelmed with how far I have to go but instead to work on it a little at a time.

The results so far on this thread are really encouraging and so are results of black girls on pinterest. There are black women really getting it together and getting into fitness as a lifestyle!

That's all helping me. I hope something here motivates you too...

For all you ladies hanging in there, what keeps you going? ??

Prettymetty

Natural/4b/medium-coarse
I am in the 150s. My fatsecret weigh in today was 159.8

I just did cardio and strength training. Now I'm going to cook some egg beaters and toast. I am so proud of myself for being consistent and having self control. I didn't have bday cake or cupcakes yesterday... it was my daughter, sister and 2 coworkers bday.

That is commitment to being fit!

apple_natural

Man. I'm not weighing myself anymore until I actually see my pooh bear belly go down. I'm tired of carrying a burger baby. I thought I was losing weight. I'm not losing crap. I need to get a professional body fat counter thing. I'll just go off of that

Eta: I finished the first week of t25 today. We started Saturday because it just worked out and we wanted the rest days to fall on Thursday and Friday. I'm still going to run on Monday Wednesday and long runs Friday.

Haven't started the Jamie Eason Live fit yet. I'll put at least two strength exercises in a week

Last edited:

apple_natural

Weighed this morning anyway lol.. thought I saw my belly go down. It wasn't as bloated or something.

Turns out my body fat is going down.
I didn't record my body fat at the beginning of April, but it was about 32 or 33 or something. I need to keep better records
Today's body fat the first weight was 30%. Weighed again and got the same weight, but 29.5% body fat. I'm going to buy a handheld one whenever i get a chance.

Weight Monday evening was 197 something. Wednesday evening was 196.6
This morning (usual time i weight) was 196.0
That's progress. I'll take it

eta: didn't mention my workout
Monday: 10k cycling and T25 total body circuit
Tuesday: 3 miles (12:43 average!!) and T25 ab intervals
Wednesday: T25 lower focus & T25 cardio

Last edited:

Prettymetty

Natural/4b/medium-coarse
I had a good workout today on the elliptical. My thighs are already sore... I'm just gonna walk it out. I haven't done a really good ab workout in a while so today I will find one on youtube.

My next FS weigh in is Monday. Hopefully I am down at least 1/2lb. Have a great day ladies!!

apple_natural

5.88 miles today! 14:38 minute average. first mile 11 minutes. 12 minutes second mile. blazing hot though. Stopped to stretch and took off my compression sleeves. I was good after that. went at a casual pace

Eta: What helped was to make sure I kept doing high knees. Not pumping my knees up high enough causesme to come down too hard on my feet and calf pain

Last edited: