Random Hair Thoughts/Thinking out loud

Lissa0821

I experienced a horrible case of heat damage to just about every strain of hair on my head. It is one year later and my hair is thick and full with spiral curls. I also had a couple bald spots pop up as well due to stress and medications but every last spot has completely filled in. I would have never thought in a million years I would be natural after 30+ years of relaxing my hair but now I wouldn't have any other way.

YvetteWithJoy

On break
Good luck with that! Lol what do you wanna do differently? You should get it, it's Mother's Day!

Lol. I'm safely back at the house, no hair purchase made.

I don't know! I just wanted neat/cool hair for tomorrow. I think I might try a flexirod set or chunky twist out. If I try a new protein treatment, hopefully that will satisfy the urge for "something new." :smile:

Sharpened

A fleck on His Sword
I had stopped using MSM regularly over the winter since my seasonal allergies were not a problem and nagging little injuries are not bothering me. Why are my roots (2-3" worth) acting worse (easily frizzing, drier) than my ends? Starting today, I am back to take 1-2 tsp of MSM in concord grape juice. I will know for sure in 4-6 months it was the absence of MSM that made the difference. If so, this is crazy! Are we that deficient in sulfur in our food supply?

Artemis24

I had stopped using MSM regularly over the winter since my seasonal allergies were not a problem and nagging little injuries are not bothering me. Why are my roots (2-3" worth) acting worse (easily frizzing, drier) than my ends? Starting today, I am back to take 1-2 tsp of MSM in concord grape juice. I will know for sure in 4-6 months it was the absence of MSM that made the difference. If so, this is crazy! Are we that deficient in sulfur in our food supply?

How does it taste in the grape juice? Have you tried it in plain water? I have a bottle staring at me but I'm scared to try it because it's probably nasty.

Sharpened

A fleck on His Sword
How does it taste in the grape juice? Have you tried it in plain water? I have a bottle staring at me but I'm scared to try it because it's probably nasty.
It has a sharp, bitter taste, but the concord grape tones it down. I suggest 16-20 oz to 1/8 tsp of powder as a start and increase the amount by an 1/8 tsp each week. I have gotten used to it over the years because I love the results.