Waist Length Challenge 2015

Froreal3

haulin hard in the paint
I'll probably turn flips down the middle of the street naked:lol: I've been on this board since 06'(lurked for a yr) and have never made it past APL so you can imagine my excitement once I reach this goal.:lachen:

:lachen: :lachen: Firstborn2 That imagery was hilarious! I feel you girl! You might look like you belong in a mental institution, but you'll sure be :gorgeous: doing it!

I will go down on my knees and bless the Lord. Yes, I have been in this challenge (unofficially) for a year. I have been nervous about joining formally, but here I am-- out of lurkdom :).

:welcome: virtuenow! I'm so happy more ppl are joining. We all need to support each other to reach this huge milestone!

Froreal3

haulin hard in the paint
Ok yall, it's official. I'm gonna leave my hair alone. I have GOT to get these four inches. I'm not gonna do my weekly wash regimen anymore. It's back to 2...maybe up to 4 weeks of keeping my twists in. This is my tentative regimen...

1st Week: Prepoo/detangle, Shampoo or mud wash, protein treatment, DC, ACV rinse, style in twists.
2nd Week: Nothing. Just keep moisturizing and sealing every other day and applying my sulfur oil a few times per week.
3rd Week: Cowash, protein treatment, DC in my twists
4th week: Nothing. Just moisturizing, sealing and sulfur
Repeat

My style will be twists or braids under wigs.

ETA: This is gonna be super hard for me because I have a large stash of stuff I want to use. :look: But I'm gonna be disciplined. I think messing w/my hair too much has cost me retention this year. I can't w/the weekly washing...At BSL my ends are too old now.

Last edited:

loulou82

I'm re-committing to WL 2015. I've been lurking because my hair has gotten shorter this year because of trimming. Now that the damage is gone I'm ready to knock out MBL and WL in 2015. I' can't do a length check until January 13 2015. The one in my siggy is from November 2014. I need about 5 inches for WL. My hair is hibernating in a weave for the year.

Updated regimen:

Daily: Vitamins
Every 2 days: Moisturize and seal
Every 2-3 weeks: Shampoo, DC, blow-dry, flat iron or perm rods
Every 8-9 weeks: Takedown and re-install

Last edited:

iVR

Ok yall, it's official. I'm gonna leave my hair alone. I have GOT to get these four inches. I'm not gonna do my weekly wash regimen anymore. It's back to 2...maybe up to 4 weeks of keeping my twists in. This is my tentative regimen... 1st Week: Prepoo/detangle, Shampoo or mud wash, protein treatment, DC, ACV rinse, style in twists. 2nd Week: Nothing. Just keep moisturizing and sealing every other day and applying my sulfur oil a few times per week. 3rd Week: Cowash, protein treatment, DC in my twists 4th week: Nothing. Just moisturizing, sealing and sulfur Repeat My style will be twists or braids under wigs. ETA: This is gonna be super hard for me because I have a large stash of stuff I want to use. :look: But I'm gonna be disciplined. I think messing w/my hair too much has cost me retention this year. I can't w/the weekly washing...At BSL my ends are too old now.

Why are you changing it? I'm just curious unless I missed something you said up stream.

Prettymetty

Natural/4b/medium-coarse
Froreal3 I had to change up my regimen too. Celies and weekly washing/wigging it was too much manipulation. Not to mention the wig caps thinned my edges.

Now I get monthly salon blowouts. I cross wrap my hair nightly and moisturize every couple of days. Less washing means fewer tangles and less breakage. Having 4b hair used to seem like a curse, but my texture allows me to maintain straight hair up to a month at a time. Now I have something to look forward to monthly. I am aiming to retain at least 1/2 inch each month.

Vitamins, scalp massages and mn are my secret weapons :)

JJamiah

Ladies don't forget about our length check in a couple weeks! I expect to see lots of lovely heads of hair. @JJamiah stared this a year ago. We are halfway there!

Question of the week:

What is the first thing you will do when you make WL? :grin:

Sent from my Snow White Frost Galaxy S4 using LHCF

LOL, I know I'd be excited and set it in my curlformers to get a nice full curl do.. :)

flyygirlll2

Lioness mane
Wait... Is it too late to join the party? lol I'm in the WL 2014 challenge but eh I'm not going to make it since I've been dusting/trimming away the damaged ends. I'm still close to WL but I just want my ends to be better which they are slowly but surely.

Sent from my iPad using LHCF

Attachments

• image-953111316.jpg
    image-953111316.jpg
    38.2 KB · Views: 87

Froreal3

haulin hard in the paint
Why are you changing it? I'm just curious unless I missed something you said up stream.

iVR, yeah I said I think it was too much manipulation as my ends are older now. I used to wash every two weeks and I saw more retention.

Froreal3

haulin hard in the paint
Wait... Is it too late to join the party? lol I'm in the WL 2014 challenge but eh I'm not going to make it since I've been dusting/trimming away the damaged ends. I'm still close to WL but I just want my ends to be better which they are slowly but surely.

Sent from my iPad using LHCF

Yup! Welcome flyygirlll2 You'll be one of our first graduates! :yep:

Hi!! I'm excited to join my first challenge (that I will actually stick with :look:)
Here's my info--

Ultimate Goal:A really huge afro:yep: Probably Tailbone Length:lick:
Regimen:My regimen has kind of been tossed on its head, just because I don't really know what to do anymore :nono: So part of this challenge will be finding a new regimen and sticking to it. I tend to jump on bandwagons too easily in hopes of finding the next big thing; which causes me to never learn what's working and what's not. Currently, I co-wash about every 2 wks w/Suave or TraderJoe's Nourish Cond--Shampoo 1/Month using ACV & Water in spray bottle. LCO daily with LA's Long Aid and seal with Grape Seed or Olive Oil. I pretty much just bun or do frenchroll with twistout on my bang (see attached)
How many inches do you have to go to get to WL: 6.5 inches
Natural/Relaxed/Other: Natural
Tips/Tricks: The only staple that has remained in my regimen is LCO Daily (but some days I neglect to):ohwell:
Issues or difficulties you're having: (1) Finding a regimen that is low maintenance enough, but still gives me the moisture that my hair needs. (2) Finding a way to make my fine 4b/4c strands to appear thicker

Starting Pic: This pic was taken right before a trim. I forgot to get a post-trim pic and my hair has already reverted back, but where my husband is holding the strands is where I cut. I think that is APL, but am not sure-- your input here would be greatly appreciated.

Attachments

• WL Challenge #1.jpg
    WL Challenge #1.jpg
    293.7 KB · Views: 93
  • photo.JPG
    photo.JPG
    38.8 KB · Views: 61
Last edited:

krissyhair

I'm feeling discouraged about hair growth since my last cut in October. The stylist got rid of my layers. I hated the layers, but I never realized how much length they added. Now I'm barely apl. Since so much length is gone from before, nothing feels like it's growing.

However, I have an advantage now. I finally got rid of the layers I hated. My hem line is thicker. Now I won't have to cut it later.

Fine 4s

Feeling discouraged too. Been here since 2010 or so. Although I have been growing out heat damage that occurred in 2011. So maybe I shouldn't complain.
My goal is to reach the belt (3-4 inches).... I think the bra is a bit low. I see progress from 2013 to now in my twist out but not on the blowdried hair.
I also got a trim today. Will post a pic in the morning. The cost to blow dry was $20 and to trim at Supercuts $15. Not bad.
My next dusting will be in March 2015 and maybe another before the salon trim at the end of the year.
My routine will be to blowdry only for trimming. Washing and DCing with steam every two weeks or more, protective styles and maybe a rollerset of some sort during the year (would like to try a flexirod set). I'll add some oil prepoos too.

Attachments

• image-3003510060.jpg
    image-3003510060.jpg
    478 KB · Views: 91
  • image-1335595650.jpg
    image-1335595650.jpg
    473.5 KB · Views: 72
Last edited:

ezina

I had my hair straightened today and my ends were so see through! Also, today at the salon confirmed to me that I should be a complete DIYer. Bye-bye, salons. There's just too much anxiety involved when I go to one.

Froreal3

haulin hard in the paint
I'm feeling discouraged about hair growth since my last cut in October. The stylist got rid of my layers. I hated the layers, but I never realized how much length they added. Now I'm barely apl. Since so much length is gone from before, nothing feels like it's growing.

However, I have an advantage now. I finally got rid of the layers I hated. My hem line is thicker. Now I won't have to cut it later.

Feeling discouraged too. Been here since 2010 or so. Although I have been growing out heat damage that occurred in 2011. So maybe I shouldn't complain.

My goal is to reach the belt.... I think the bra is a bit low.

I see progress from 2013 to now in my twist out but not on the blowdried hair.

I also got a trim today. Will post a pic in the morning. The cost to blow dry was $20 and to trim at Supercuts $15. Not bad.

My next dusting will be in March 2015, a salon trim in 6 months and maybe another dusting before a salon trim at the end of 2015.

My routine will be to blowdry only for trimming. Washing and DCing with steam every two weeks or more, protective styles and maybe a rollerset of some sort during the year (would like to try a flexi rid set). I'll add some oil prepoos too.

Hang in there ladies! We have a whole entire year ahead of us! Fine 4s why are you trimming and dusting so much? That is inches off for no reason imo.

Fine 4s

Hang in there ladies! We have a whole entire year ahead of us! Fine 4s why are you trimming and dusting so much? That is inches off for no reason imo.

Froreal3
would like to get rid of the remaining inches of heat damage ends but I can probably do 1 salon trim at the end of the year and self dusting throughout the year. When I was first on my journey I did one salon trim per year and the rest were self trims/dusting and always search and destroying. I can go back to that. I planned on flat ironing this year but hmmm maybe not.

Fine 4s

Uhm Froreal3
I just did a check of my post trim hair and it's now it's above the bra strap!!!! So guess what? I'm not salon trimming until I reach my goal. All trims will be dusting on my own. I'll check out the chicoro method on YT. These setbacks are something else!!!!! Well, at least most of my heat damage will be gone.

Froreal3

haulin hard in the paint
Fine 4s So she cut like three inches?! Cause I saw you were already mid back.

Sent from my Snow White Frost Galaxy S4 using LHCF

Last edited:

Prettymetty

Natural/4b/medium-coarse
As soon as I get over this cold I will get back on my healthy hair/body regimen. I don't really have the energy to do anything to my hair besides put it in a bun :sad:

ImanAdero

I've been "neglecting" my hair by LHCF standards and it was TANGLED! So I've been sitting with almond oil in my hair to prepare for washing it today.

There's something very awesome about just leaving your hair alone though. I wonder how long my hair can get if I keep up this "do little" regimen with slightly more care...

Anywho: washday today.

growbaby

Just cut my hair from an uneven split scraping WL to a lovely BSL!! Still in shock but I'm loving it. I'm joining you ladies. Lessssdoiiit image-306802706.jpg

image-3008766371.jpg

keranikki

Natural, 3abc/4a, Fine, medium density
Feeling discouraged since my lc but i guess i'll stick with this anyway.

Yes ma'am! I have been where you are, but I stay encouraged by caring for my hair and looking for the slightest difference in texture, thickness, and feel. Due to this new outlook, I'm able to enjoy my hair more.

Be encouraged my dear! You will reach your goal!