Waist Length Challenge 2015

havilland

Magical Mythical Princess
Question of the week: What have you all bought for Blk Friday? You know pj wants to know. :yep:

I bought 50-11 bottles of every Hairveda conditioner I use. Strinillah, Moisture 24/7, MoisturePro

Sweet almond, jojoba, avocado oils online at Vitacost, com

Two half wigs

Trader Joes Nourish Spa conditioner and Tea Tree Tingle conditioners. (Tried them. Loves them. Going back for more!)

Froreal3

haulin hard in the paint
I bought 50-11 bottles of every Hairveda conditioner I use. Strinillah, Moisture 24/7, MoisturePro

Sweet almond, jojoba, avocado oils online at Vitacost, com

Two half wigs

Trader Joes Nourish Spa conditioner and Tea Tree Tingle conditioners. (Tried them. Loves them. Going back for more!)

havilland...you aint playin! I bought two Sitrinillahs. I want to revisit them. Haven't used it in over a year. Love TJ TTT also. :yep:

Froreal3

haulin hard in the paint
Ultimate Goal: Waist Length

Regimen: curly- wash/protein/dc once a month and cowash when necessary. Straight- wash/protein/dc

How many inches do you have to go to get to WL: 6 (?)

Natural/Relaxed/Other: Natural

Tips/Tricks: don't have any

Issues or difficulties you're having: keeping my hair out of a fro and being gentle while detangling

View attachment 286125

Welcome @LuvlyRain3

Im in for this challenge. After I cut my hair two years ago I didn't think I would grow my hair by out to WL or HL. But I've changed my mind. I just made bsl this month. My goal is back to HL.

@Bun Mistress Welcome to the challenge! Congrats on making BSL! I'm sure you'll get back to HL in no time! Most of us are still waiting on our first times.

I've been added to the challenge ages ago and have never posted any pics or made a single post. I'm sorry!!! I needed something to take my mind off of current stress so I decided to finally become a contributing member!

My hair is 4b/4a. This time last year was a couple inches past bsl (not measured using this bra bc the strap sits low) and I've given myself two trims since. Please excuse any background busyness, I am not at my house.

My hair is currently in old smallish twists. I just unraveled one at the bottom to check my length. I was pleasantly surprised. View attachment 286137 Sent from my iPhone using LHCF

@MsKinkycurl Yay! You've made WL! Congrats!!!:yay::party::cheers::creatures:clap::bouncegre:dance7:

Firstborn2

Stop frontin, you know me!
I'm on cruise control until dec 20 that's when I'll take down my mini braids do a length check and back to braids I go for all of 2015. I feel like I finally found a reggy my hair likes and I'm hoping it will get my to my goal in 2015.

Godyssey

I know that I am super late, but I'm in. I saw this when it first began ( I thought that I signed up) but perhaps at the time, thought that it was out of my reach.

Now, I believe that it's possible for me to make WL by the end of 2015. Hopefully, there will be no set backs. The longest my hair has ever been is mid back, never WL. I will probably be able to post pics from my starting point in a couple weeks.

ETA: I suppose I was right. This challenge ends Jan 1st, 2015, right? I won't make it until fall 2015, almost 2016. Is there a new challenge for 2015?

Last edited:

MsKinkycurl

Firstborn2 Froreal3

Thank you! I still don't feel like I've made it though. It's hard to see the difference when it is just stretched. Plus my hair is layered with a v hemline. I usually don't feel comfortable claiming a length until I'm well past it, and even then I still don't feel like the other "real" apl/bsl/ wsl ladies. I think I have hairorexia.

Sent from my iPhone using LHCF

Froreal3

haulin hard in the paint
MsKinkycurl Girl, everybody around here knows I am claiming when the first two hairs make it. :reddancer: To any haters, I'mma be like "Yeah, and you got a problem?" *blink*

angelhairtype4

Here is my end of the year flat iron and length check.

For next year....

I will start taking the hair, skin, and nails vitamins on the 15th of this month. I'm also doing a water challenge since I don't drink enough. Next year is just protective styling. On January 1st I will do a trim, after that I will not be trimming till the end of 2015. I will do search and destroy though.

Attachments

• 20141206_111127.jpg
    20141206_111127.jpg
    376 KB · Views: 135
  • 20141206_165940.jpg
    20141206_165940.jpg
    307.5 KB · Views: 143
  • 20141206_170318.jpg
    20141206_170318.jpg
    237.8 KB · Views: 130
  • 20141206_170957.jpg
    20141206_170957.jpg
    100.1 KB · Views: 111
  • 20141206_173026.jpg
    20141206_173026.jpg
    399.4 KB · Views: 138

angelhairtype4

Thank you! Froreal3
As much as I wanted to get to waist length this year, I was just playing in my hair and enjoying it too much.

I think you're right. Maybe spring or summer. We will see. My natural anniversary is July 6th. I will be 5 years natural, so I hope so.
Rigth now I'm just taking this month to cure myself of hand in hair syndrome.

jprayze

Hey ladies! I'm trying to get used to wigging...my friend cornrowed my hair underneath for a braid out. Trying to decide if I will wear the wig today and keep the braids in until tomorrow.

image-2046526312.jpg

havilland

Here is my length check after a dusting today. I don't plan on trimming anymore Until June 2015.

I am gonna have to fight to get to waist length this time next year.

Attachments

• image-965076258.jpg
    image-965076258.jpg
    304 KB · Views: 104
  • image-1751248993.jpg
    image-1751248993.jpg
    301.9 KB · Views: 101

havilland

I swear my hair is thinner now as a natural than when I was transitioning. It's kinda annoying to me.

iLurk

Ok I think i'm officially in I analyzed my torso and for me bsl and mbl are pretty much in the same area and wl is a short distance from there so its possible for me to get there by at least the end of next year :yep:

Ultimate Goal: waistlength (although i will probably continue growing to see how long i can get from there)
Regimen: Normal regimen: pre poo with coconut oil overnight before wash day, shampoo and dc once a week, moisturize and seal every other day. trim every 8 weeks, heavy protein every 6.

Wig regime: pre poo overnight, wash every 1 or 2 weeks depending on mood, moisturize and seal every other day

How many inches do you have to go to get to WL: 6-7
Natural/Relaxed/Other: relaxed
Tips/Tricks: i wish i could offer advice but i don't have any
Issues or difficulties you're having: Seem like i'm stuck at apl at the moment.

Curlywurly10

I would like to join if possible!

Ultimate Goal: Full WL... I think. I'll see how I feel when I get there!

Regimen: pretty simple, mainly wash n go, co wash every 4-7 days, shampoo once every two weeks, I try to deep condition once a week...unfortunately sometimes it's less! M&S every night. Henna gloss once every 4-6 weeks. Protective style with buns.

How many inches do you have to go to get to WL: only a couple for my longest layer but probably about 6 inches to be close to full WL

Natural/Relaxed/Other: natural

Tips/Tricks: henna has really strengthened my fine strands.

Issues or difficulties you're having: I've been pretty lazy recently! Determined to step it up for 2015

Attachments

• image-1608088394.jpg
    image-1608088394.jpg
    88.9 KB · Views: 87

Froreal3

haulin hard in the paint
I would like to join if possible!

Ultimate Goal: Full WL... I think. I'll see how I feel when I get there!

Regimen: pretty simple, mainly wash n go, co wash every 4-7 days, shampoo once every two weeks, I try to deep condition once a week...unfortunately sometimes it's less! M&S every night. Henna gloss once every 4-6 weeks. Protective style with buns.

How many inches do you have to go to get to WL: only a couple for my longest layer but probably about 6 inches to be close to full WL

Natural/Relaxed/Other: natural

Tips/Tricks: henna has really strengthened my fine strands.

Issues or difficulties you're having: I've been pretty lazy recently! Determined to step it up for 2015

:welcome: Curlywurly10! Hair looks good! Keep it up. :)

Froreal3

haulin hard in the paint
Hey ladies. So far the wig regimen is going strong. I will be keeping my hair in Celies instead of twists to see if that preserves my ends better.

Question of the Week: What was the best bandwagon you've jumped on and why?

Guinan

Re-Branding
Hey ladies. So far the wig regimen is going strong. I will be keeping my hair in Celies instead of twists to see if that preserves my ends better.

Question of the Week: What was the best bandwagon you've jumped on and why?

The best band wagon for me has been the MHM & getting a Tek brush. The MHM has helped me understand porosity, density, textures and curl patterns.

As for the tek brush, i just started using it (like 5mins ago), but so far i really like it. Def better than the Denman brush.

keranikki

Natural, 3abc/4a, Fine, medium density
Hey ladies. So far the wig regimen is going strong. I will be keeping my hair in Celies instead of twists to see if that preserves my ends better. Question of the Week: What was the best bandwagon you've jumped on and why?

I'm hoping this Ayurvedic bandwagon pays off. I'm waiting on my shipment to arrive.

NaturalfienD

Checking in ...

Below is the picture that I used when joining the challenge. I went back to my original post 52 and the follow up 128 to find out what month this picture was taken but I couldn't find it. Let's say it was from December 2013/January 2014 ...

Back: photo.JPG

Side: photo (3).JPG

Updated photos below, taken late-November:

Back: photo (1).JPG

photo (4).JPG

Side: photo (2).JPG

**Sorry for the poor side picture**

Looks to me like I retained 1 to 1.5 inches at the most in the back, the front/side did better, it's a little past APL. Mandatory positive, my hair looks fuller, it's healthy and I've made BSL.

I was hoping to be MBL by this time but after the set back in October, it was not happening. After reading my post #128, I know where I dropped the ball.

I was not consistent with spritzing my hair daily/washing weekly (wetting my hair & scalp often), I was not consistent with applying sulfur mix/an oil to my scalp and I only deep conditioned when I took my PS out (once every 6 to 8 weeks). No wonder my hair came out and knotted up like crazy ... the inside of my hair (shaft?) was dry as hell and the friction made my hair SSK. :nono:

For 2015:

Ultimate Goal: Still WL

Regimen: Still PSing but without extensions. I will wash my hair twice a week and d/c after each cleansing. Hard protein tx every six weeks, scalp massage 5 - 7 days/week, apply a leave-in daily and add oil to my strands to keep SSKs at bay/to my scalp to keep it healthy.

How many inches do you have to go to get to WL: About six.

Issues or difficulties you're having: Retention.

Sorry for the long post, but y'all know how I do.

Hope you all are doing well ...