Yeah, I got braids, so what???

BklynHeart

Ok, I've been having problems with my hair for the last 4 months; breakage, shedding, thinning everything under the sun. But it still grows. Right now its a little past armpit length and when it was time for a touch-up I didn't want to put anymore stress on my hair so I decided to braid it. Now, because of my length, the braider braided the hair almost to the ends to make sure my hair is protected and left it a little past bra-strap. Now, I'm about 5'9 and have a long back :)p ), so the length is kind of something. But they're only box braids!!! So why sistas gotta be mean muggin'? And the funny thing is, the women with thin jacked-up hair or a busted weave looking like a bathroom rug look at me and got the nerve to flip their hair, meanwhile I know I got some hair entwined in these braids!
People are funny!:ohwell:

Wow there are sooo many haters in this world. This really makes me want to do a self reflection and make sure that I am not being a hater.

It is useless and a waste of productivity.

Your braids sound really sexy...focus on the positive...your hair will be healthier and closer to BSL when you get them taken out:grin:

trimbride said:
Wow there are sooo many haters in this world. This really makes me want to do a self reflection and make sure that I am not being a hater.

It is useless and a waste of productivity.

Your braids sound really sexy...focus on the positive...your hair will be healthier and closer to BSL when you get them taken out:grin:

:) ITA....

I hate it when women do this. My hair is almost armpit length but I never wear it out. Instead I wear it up in braids under a wig. I remember I was at the Sean Paul concert in universal studios Florida for mardi gras. It was so packed. I was getting so irritated because this girl standing in front of me with her son was so obnoxious about her hair. She kept swanging, fliping it and hanging her head back over and over, almost bumping into me. Then as if that wasn't enough, she kept turning to the side to see if I was looking at her.I swear I wanted to push her over the railing that was in front of her!! The thing was, Her hair was damaged and it bairly touched her shoulders!! I hate it when women think cuz you got a wig on or braids that your bald. It's so dumb!

I thought I was the only one. People give me a hard time when I wear braids. One guy even told me, after I took the braids down, "Why do you wear that mess in your head, you got hair" then he said, "All this time I've been thinking you were a chicken head"

One girl I work with said that I didn't know what to do with my hair. "Isn't it pitiful, people with hair, don't know what to do with it?" Now her hair is pretty but she cuts it to about an inch or two all over her head. That's fine if that's what you want but don't down me cause that's not what I want.

A Vietnamese girl said I had plastic in my head. She said "That not hair, that plastic" I told her whatever it is, it's mine and my business.

They're just mad 'cause their hair is too short and f**ked up to even hold a set of braids. :lol:
BklynHeart said:
Ok, I've been having problems with my hair for the last 4 months; breakage, shedding, thinning everything under the sun. But it still grows. Right now its a little past armpit length and when it was time for a touch-up I didn't want to put anymore stress on my hair so I decided to braid it. Now, because of my length, the braider braided the hair almost to the ends to make sure my hair is protected and left it a little past bra-strap. Now, I'm about 5'9 and have a long back :)p ), so the length is kind of something. But they're only box braids!!! So why sistas gotta be mean muggin'? And the funny thing is, the women with thin jacked-up hair or a busted weave looking like a bathroom rug look at me and got the nerve to flip their hair, meanwhile I know I got some hair entwined in these braids!

I've been wearing braids on and off for years. I think they really suite me and my hair grows well with them. I've been thinking about braids lately (i'm 10 weeks post relaxer) but I know this small group of girls at work will have stuff to say. They've already made it known that they dislike me and I know they'll probably talk about "how I must not wash my hair" or "[my] own hair won't grow" if I were to get extentions.

:ohwell:

It sucks that in my mid-twenties, I'm still so self-concious.

locabouthair said:
im reading all the responses and i cant believe people really act like that.

Ya know? And here I thought maybe it was an isolated thing!!! Thank you ladies!!

Diamondlady, men like that kill me! They'll be the ones strutting with a woman that has a weave that looked like a cat licked it.

Iris, that's it in a nutshell!:lachen:

klb120475 said:
Sometimes it seems like folks just be sitting back waiting to hate on anything......

So true. I go through it at work. My hair is almost bra strap length but I'm transitioning so I don't wear it out alot. I used a Maxiglide to straighten it over the weekend and I could not tell you how many evil stares I got on Monday. Why are women (especially black women) soooo hateful to each other? Why can't we be happy for each other? It makes me so sad to think about all the energy we use to be hateful to each other instead of uplifiting our people.:confused:

BklynHeart said:

Your braids sound nice! I get that length just because I love long hair and I am 5'0 with just past shoulder length hair. Girl shake them haters off or fling the braids back and smack them in the face LOL

hottestdiva19 said:
I hate it when women do this. My hair is almost armpit length but I never wear it out. Instead I wear it up in braids under a wig. I remember I was at the Sean Paul concert in universal studios Florida for mardi gras. It was so packed. I was getting so irritated because this girl standing in front of me with her son was so obnoxious about her hair. She kept swanging, fliping it and hanging her head back over and over, almost bumping into me. Then as if that wasn't enough, she kept turning to the side to see if I was looking at her.I swear I wanted to push her over the railing that was in front of her!! The thing was, Her hair was damaged and it bairly touched her shoulders!! I hate it when women think cuz you got a wig on or braids that your bald. It's so dumb!

:lol: :lol: :lol:

BklynHeart said:
Ya know? And here I thought maybe it was an isolated thing!!! Thank you ladies!!

Diamondlady, men like that kill me! They'll be the ones strutting with a woman that has a weave that looked like a cat licked it.

Iris, that's it in a nutshell!:lachen:

Okay that "weave that looked like a cat licked it" comment was so funny to me. I'm a bit a visual so pardon my sillyness.....

Back