Yay!!! My nape has grown!

yodie

Please check out my fotki for the pics. No pw needed.
Updated album is "Nape Progress". Click on "Nape" to see the original length.

This is the longest my nape has been in 15-20 years. Relaxers/telaxing have destroyed it, not that my nape hair was ever long to begin with.

For some odd reason, this area struggles. Well, guess all of my hair is very sensitive. Relaxers just break it, which is why I'm transitioning back to natural.

These progress pics may look minimal or raggedy to some, but I'm doing the happy dance!!

I've been using MN since Oct. 07 and taking biotin. This has been the knock out combination for me. I just started addding MN to aut gro oil. We'll see what happens.

:yep:

Last edited:
Oh yes!!! It's definitely grown!!:woot: I'm so happy for ya! That MN is the truth ain't it;) Congrats!:yay:Tried to leave comments but you don't have comments nor your guestbook enabled. So I put it here in this thread instead.

Thanks 4 the congrats. MN is the truth! I love it.

I didn't know my guestbook needed to b enabled. I'm gonna check on that now.

Happy Growing.

Is there a trick to enabling my comments? didn't have any luck with it.
Oh yes!!! It's definitely grown!!:woot: I'm so happy for ya! That MN is the truth ain't it;) Congrats!:yay:Tried to leave comments but you don't have comments nor your guestbook enabled. So I put it here in this thread instead.

Thanks ladies.

For years I've wanted to wear my hair in an updo without being completely embarassed.

Can't do it yet, but I'm on my way and closer than I've ever been before.

congradulations! I know how you feel. I am trying to grow out my daughters as well. So are you using MN straight or mixing with somethng else?

congradulations! I know how you feel. I am trying to grow out my daughters as well. So are you using MN straight or mixing with somethng else?

Thanks. I use it straight or mix it with aut gro oil. I previously mixed it with castor oil.

Yes that is a big difference. So MN did this you say? Hmmmm ...

Thanks again ladies. I am sooo proud.

Yep, MN and biotin contributed to this. Biotin made the hair stronger an MN caused it to grow.

It's been such a long time since I've had this amount of hair.

I started thinking that my hair would never grow in this area.

God is good!

congrats to both you and your nape! :grin:

my mom shaved my nape bald when i was 12, and it's taken me 9 years to get it to grow back. it's definitely been a struggle, but what's helped the most is to avoid putting relaxer on that section for more than a couple of minutes.

just keep it moisturized, seal with an oil (castor oil works great for me) and don't comb it with a fine toothed comb (i found out the hard way not to do that), and it'll get longer and fuller in no time! :yep:

Me too...it's not pretty :nono:. I bought some MN a few weeks ago finally....I need to be more diligent about using it.

Try it, it definitely works. I had better luck with the Family Dollar brand.
Keep it moisturized too. I spritz scurl back there.

congrats to both you and your nape! :grin:

my mom shaved my nape bald when i was 12, and it's taken me 9 years to get it to grow back. it's definitely been a struggle, but what's helped the most is to avoid putting relaxer on that section for more than a couple of minutes.

just keep it moisturized, seal with an oil (castor oil works great for me) and don't comb it with a fine toothed comb (i found out the hard way not to do that), and it'll get longer and fuller in no time! :yep:

Relaxers, throughout the years, killed my nape and my edges. I even started texlaxing last year, after being natural for a couple of years. Got the same ole' breakage, except the relaxer started breaking up into my acutal hair. I would've been bald had I continued this.

Dang, can relaxers damage the hair follicle? I doubt that I'll ever relax again. My hair just can't take it.

Thanks ladies.

For years I've wanted to wear my hair in an updo without being completely embarassed.

Can't do it yet, but I'm on my way and closer than I've ever been before.

Go Yodie it's your birthday :woot:. I am so happy for you! It is growing and it is thickening up. Keep doing what you are doing. When I first joined LHCF my nape was severely broken and damaged from relaxers as well. My nape is now about 8 inches and I can easily wear updos:yep:, it is a wonderful feeling. If you keep babying your nape you'll be able to were updo's before you know it!

Go Yodie it's your birthday :woot:. I am so happy for you! It is growing and it is thickening up. Keep doing what you are doing. When I first joined LHCF my nape was severely broken and damaged from relaxers as well. My nape is now about 8 inches and I can easily wear updos:yep:, it is a wonderful feeling. If you keep babying your nape you'll be able to were updo's before you know it!

I'm living vicariously through your up do's right now. :spinning:

Oooh, I can just imagine it now... nice summer day (maybe next summer) with my tendrils hanging down on my neck.

Yeah baby!!!

Back