My nape is growing!

DDTexlaxed

TRANSITION OVER! 11-22-14
I've been wearing my hair out as a wash n go for almost 2 weeks. Before that, I was trying to force my hair into a phony pony since I cannot get a strait look. During that time, I had no nape growth and my MTG and castor oil mix didn't work on my nape, but the sides were thriving. In the 2 weeks time that I have been wearing my hair out, not only has my nape thickened, it has grown an inch! Does nape breakage and no growth go hand in hand w phony ponies or falls? How do u avoid this? I wanted to but a few as styling options, but I don't want to hurt my progress.

Were you wearing the hairpieces in the same place? If so, that could have been the problem. The clips that keep them in place may have been breaking the hair at the nape off. Also, brushing your nape hair up to get it into a ponytail can put stress on the hair and cause it to weaken and break.

Hi DD, I was just in your Fotki stalkin around :lol: :lol:

You have gorgeous waves!! I am not sure about the breakage thing, do you brush it or pull it tight to make your pony? Tension could cause breakage. Congratulations on your growth!!

Softresses

I was thinking the same thing also...do you put your bun in tight? and do you make sure you moisturize that area really good? I had the same problem with my nape and when I wear my bun, I now wrap the scrunchie around twice and making sure that it's not pulling my nape area. I also moisturize really good back there also.HTH:)

Softresses said:
Hi DD, I was just in your Fotki stalkin around :lol: :lol:

You have gorgeous waves!! I am not sure about the breakage thing, do you brush it or pull it tight to make your pony? Tension could cause breakage. Congratulations on your growth!!

Softresses

I have to correct myself. It wasn't a phony pony. It was like a scrunchy w/ hair around it. It usually wraps around the pony u have, but since I had an itty bitty ponytail, I just pinned it to my hair with bobby pins. Bad idea. Though some people loved it, I felt stupid and phony for wearing it. I did have to brush it tight, now that I think about it.:scratchch I'm transitioning now and the pics in my fotki really should be updated. Right now I'm trying to focus on caring for my hair and get it to a length where I can do protective styles. I love looking at fotkis so I stay inspired and focused to continue transitioning. I want to switch up my styles because I get bored easily. I currently am unable to make a twist or braid because my nape is still a lil too short for the whole look to work. I would appreciate any style recommendations, if anyone has them. My hair is 1/2 relaxed and 1/2 natural due to the nape area being shaved almost bald. I can fake this wash n go style, but that's all I can do right now. I have alot to learn.

Back