Winter 2011

NikkiQ

Heyyyyy ladies!!

So the winter season is slowly creeping up on us and even though I absolutely LOVE breaking out my cute boots and jackets, I have no clue what I want to do with my hair! Do you guys have any changes to your reggies for winter? Any go-to winter styles?

What do you do differently for winter than any other time of year??

tiffjust2002

I use a butter to seal instead of an oil, and I do more protective styles but I am also covering my hair more then croteched slouchy hats that I make :)

tiffjust2002

@tiffjust2002 any particular butter? I'm not very well versed on butters lol

Me either LOL :lachen:But my hair loves Carol's Daughter Healthy Hair Butter it's creamy and thick

but I also switch and use my own Shea Butter mix that I make with Aloe Vera Gel, EVOO, Sweet Orange Essential Oil to hide the nutty shea smell) and Avocado Oil

That works great too as a sealant

LaFemmeNaturelle

I don't really plan on changing my reggie (which is kind of all over the place anyway lol). I might start using shea butter and castor oil just to use that stuff up.

Evolving78

just sticking to what i am currently doing (rollersetting and wearing my hair curly). i am going to buy some claw clips. i'm not using direct heat(just for my trim) and i only comb my hair on wash day.

Last edited:

Ms. Tiki

I switch to creamy thick moisturizers and put up the glycerin. I also pull out my wigs and until April or May

lilyofthenile

I'm doing yarn braids but this time they're a bit longer. I'm also sealing more with butter type leave ins. I'll be wearing more hats on top of my hair if the wind is very harsh or if it's too cold.

NikkiQ

So I'm seeing lots of butters here. You guys are intriguing me here.

Does your washing/cowashing change up any?

naturalmanenyc

I keep seeing threads about a winter routine. Technically this will be my first winter wearing my own hair (no plans to use wigs/crochet braids) so I'm not sure that I need to change my routine.

PlatinumBronze

Living my life like its Platinum!
I protective style during the winter. I'll prob stay braid up the whole winter with quick weaves on between each braid break. This will be my first winter being all natural.

Sent from my fancy Sprint HTC EVO using LHCF.

FearfullyMade

The past winters I've been wearing sew-ins. I think ill continue, along with wearing wigs also. I'll also continue with the same products.

PinkGirlFluff

1. Bust out the big curly sun blocker sew in
2. Wash once every two weeks instead of every week
3. Finger comb my hair every night before I retwist to prevent tangles and knots
4. Buy or make some fly accessories to give my hair some umph on those days where umph is needed.
5. Just might try and revisit the flat iron.

tiffjust2002

I don't switch up my wash/co-wash routine I might try adding heat to my DC's though to see if that makes a difference I've never tried it before so I figure winter time is as good of time as any :)