Votes: 22 17.9%
  • Bottom of bra strap from front.

Votes: 2 1.6%
  • Other-please explain.

Votes: 12 9.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

MJ

I think BSL and MBL are the same thing... if your bra is fitting you right it should be in the middle of your back... I don't measure with a bra

This isn't true for me.

My BSL and MBL are at distinctly different points. If I reached BSL and tried to claim MBL, the ladies here would go :look: :nono:.

Last edited:

Finewine

The "bottom of the shoulder blades" theory doesn't work for me.

I have a long torso and my brastrap clasp is about 2 inches below the bottom of my shoulder blades!

So brastrap clasp is my BSL.

I agree. BSB is ~ 2 inches shorter than BSL on me and too close to APL. However, the only problem with defining it as BSB is that it'd cause is making my journey to MBL longer. BSL, as I current define it, just seems like more of a feat since it's farther from APL.

TaurusAngel

IMHO, this chart is dead on. Sorry I couldn't find the edited 'no nipple' version.
I agree with this. I always thought BSL was the top of the bra and MBL was the bottom of it, the bottom of your breasts.

Neith

I agree with this. I always thought BSL was the top of the bra and MBL was the bottom of it, the bottom of your breasts.

Alright.. not to be vulgar...

but I've got pretty big boobies (DDD sized)

by the time my hair covers my breasts completely, I'd be waist length. Probably past it on my way to tailbone.:lachen::lachen::rofl:

That's not taking into consideration that people's boobs have a vertical AND horizontal measurement. Boobies are not 2D.

keeperathome

I agree with the different bras fitting differently on the same person cause my VS bras has like a 1 inch band and my good 18 hour have like a 2 1/2 inch band which the top of that band is just below the shoulder blade. Sooo if I wear my VS bra I am past BSL :grin: and if I wear my good support 18 hr bra I am just barely tipping BSL:nono:. Which in my opinion is not quite there yet. I like the body part analogy cause every ones hair, size, shape, and make up is different. And in my opinion if you are tall (like me) and have a long torso it does not matter where your bra sits :nono: it is still gonna take you longer to get to mid back or waist length than someone who is 5'0 or 5'5 which I was 5'5 1/2 in the 5th grade:lachen:

MonPetite

by the time my hair covers my breasts completely, I'd be waist length. Probably past it on my way to tailbone.:lachen::lachen::rofl:

That's not taking into consideration that people's boobs have a vertical AND horizontal measurement. Boobies are not 2D.

You have just given me and many other B-cups a great reason to rejoice. :lachen:

TaurusAngel

:giggle: I'm looking at it from the back not the front. I know my hair grows much more slower in the front than in the back. When i say the bottom of the breasts, i mean, that line that evens up with the back which is the bottom of the bra strap, if that makes sense. And that would be Midback, not Brastrap, at least thats how i see it

Last edited:

Sarahh.

Okay, well it seems to me that everyone seems to measure bsl differently and maybe we should just stick to whatever we think. It's OUR goal anyway so it can be wherever we want I guess.
Wow, never thought this thread would get so many posts. Haha.

dlewis

I agree. By the time mine cover my breasts I may be at hip length.

divya

Depends on the shape of the woman.

So BSL is whatever the particular person says it is, imo...

Ramya

My shoulder blades are above my bra strap as well. :ohwell:

I consider BSL to be met if the hair falls on any part of a well-fitted bra strap in the back.
(So I voted "other")

Ditto. My bsl is MBL b/c my bra is 2 inches below my shoulder blades and my waist is only 3 inches from my bra :ohwell:

SmilingElephant

I have to agree with this. I think BSL is misleading altogether and we should, as a forum whole go with the idea of BSB os BSBL -Below Shoulder Blade Length.

Depending on the bras purpose it will fit the same wearer differently as Neith pointed out. Plus, if the band is 1/2 wide verses 3" that too makes a large difference if one can "claim" a length or not.

And that's assuming the bra is PROPERLY FITTED, which as many of us know...80% of us are not wearing are bras properly.

So, to further beat a dead horse, I'm a fan of BSB or BSBL...which is what I will go by when I get there Summer 09'. :grin:

I'm curious...bc i'm past BSB....so if we cancelled out BSL....would that make me MBL already?:rolleyes:

JustKiya

Ditto. My bsl is MBL b/c my bra is 2 inches below my shoulder blades and my waist is only 3 inches from my bra :ohwell:

Exactly. I have a short torso, a high waist, and huge boobs, and my bra strap is usually 3+ inches - so the bottom of my bra strap is usually about an inch from my waist. BSL is a pointless length on me. I'm going to go from APL to MBL to WL in about a year, I figure, once I get there, because I'm so 'compact' up top. It might take me another year to just get to APL, though. :lol:

plastic

IMHO, this chart is dead on. Sorry I couldn't find the edited 'no nipple' version.

My hair hits my brastrap now but doesnt touch my nipples. Mean to tell me that I can only claim bsl when my hair touches my nipples ? Damn i have alot more growing to do

Ramya

Exactly. I have a short torso, a high waist, and huge boobs, and my bra strap is usually 3+ inches - so the bottom of my bra strap is usually about an inch from my waist. BSL is a pointless length on me. I'm going to go from APL to MBL to WL in about a year, I figure, once I get there, because I'm so 'compact' up top. It might take me another year to just get to APL, though. :lol:

I got zillions of miles to get to APL but I'll probably meet every other goal the same year. Short torsos rock :lachen:

aurora3140

I think all of the measurements (SL, APL, BSL, etc.) are relative due to differences in height and body shape. Some people have long necks or short torsos, and so on. The only way for there to be a standard measurement is if we measure by inches, like from the hairline to the ends.

BostonMaria

I would never ever claim BSL on this site because I'd be too scared to get yelled at LOL plus I have a V shape so it makes it harder for me to figure out what my length is.

Qualitee

it really depends on the torso...I mean you have some ladies here who are 6ft tall and their APL or BSL hair could be WSL or tailbone legnth on someone thats 5'2. Its all relative. But in normal circumstances its where ever your bra strap (provided thats its not ill an fitting bra) sits across your back...
your siggy:lachen::lachen::lachen::lachen::lachen::lachen::lachen::lachen::lachen::lachen::lachen:

Chrissmiss

I chose other cause there are different bras. I think that bra "strap" is when the hair reaches the center of the breast... lol. Thats what the chat displays.

Sistaslick

I think all of the measurements (SL, APL, BSL, etc.) are relative due to differences in height and body shape. Some people have long necks or short torsos, and so on. The only way for there to be a standard measurement is if we measure by inches, like from the hairline to the ends.

:nono: Then we'd have the receding hairline chicks and the 5-heads like myself up in arms. :lachen:

And of course we'd have accusations of widow's peaks folks adding inches in that they "don't have" :lachen:

You know LHCF. :lachen: